Code of Conduct

Thread: About Fueguia

Default About Fueguia

Niche scents are very difficult to get down here, besides the fact that their local price can easily exceed those paid in foreign markets. A local distributor markets Creed, Annick Goutal and JHaG. In a nutshell, the local niche offer is limited and expensive.

Fortunately, local entrepeneurs decided to launch their own niche House, so being a fume head, I could not avoid my curiosity, which was well understood by the nose behind the brand, Julián Bedel... he gave many samples, so many it might take me a lifetime to review them all.

The fact is that Fueguia's catalogue is enormous, to say the least. However, since fragrances are hand blended, chances are that you might not find what you are looking for: the SA will kindly tell you you will have to wait for a new batch and, well, you get a phone call and that is all. And if you smelt something you think it is amazing, you better buy it in the spot - some ingredients are so difficult to find that Mr. Bedel must change formulations or simply discontinue it; lesson learned after missing two wonderful fragrances, a pure Vetiver and a pure Tuberose one. The tuberose was simply too expensive to keep its production.

Trials ended up in bottles bought. I won't review them all now, but so far, these are the ones I have in my collection:

- Beagle > gunpowder, rhum and oak wood

- Magallanes > cedarwod, aniseed and black pepper

- El Mono de la Tinta > copaiba, sandalwood and cinnamon. If you are into cinnamon, this would be your choce. Copaiba refers to Copaifera Officinialis

- El Otro Tigre, a civet bomb, frankly. To my amazement, if layered with the present day Jules, you'll get exactly how the old one was > muscone, ambrett and tuberose. No civet mentioned, though. The drydown brought compliments among the ones having smelt it on me. IMHO, it is the sexiest fragance I ever wore.

- Hornero > vetiver, opoponax and tangerine

- Ballena de la Pampa > musk, grass and ambergris. Musky notes of the sweet kind are prominent.

- Caoba > patchouli, cacao and ambergris. For patchouli lovers, this is it. It is not as gentle as Givenchy's, not so outspoken like Coromandel. I'd say it is bold, the cacao limits this to some extent. I have the absolute, you have to handle it with care.

Next in my list?

- Quebracho > frankincense, cade and bergamot. This the classiest and manliest of them all, it smells like a less powdery Habit Rouge.

- Thays > osmanthus, green tea and mate

I cannot make up my mind as to the one I prefer. An interesting effect, they all make my mouth watery, the same feeling I got when I smelt pure rose oil, a feeling somehow similar to that experienced after smelling hot chocolate.

I reviewed those that are included in BN's Fragrance Directory. I will be reviweng the rest later.

Default Re: About Fueguia

the gunpowder one sounds nice.

thanksforsharing

is there a website?

for swap/sale:

You will only find a nice postcard and their showroom / store address in their website.

Here is the link to their catalogue in English

Enjoy!

I have some trials, but have not tried them yet. Got from my local perfume shop.
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfir View Post
    I have some trials, but have not tried them yet. Got from my local perfume shop.
    Which ones have you got?

I own Ballena de la Pampa. Really nice scent!