Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gucci Rush for Men Smell Alike

I justed wanted some opinions on a scent that comes close to Gucci Rush for Men EdT. Man, I loved that stuff... seemed like it was only out on the market for a couple years before being discontinued.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Gucci Rush for Men Smell Alike

Not sure about any "close seconds" but you can still find Rush for Men all over the net for sale.
    Check this link for example:
    http://www.beautyencounter.com/men-s...i-for-men.html

A quick google search will come up with a heap of returns
    Go to it man! You know its right!

Try L'Artisan's Passage D'Enfer. I initially found it similar to Gucci Rush for Men, but it wound up being up on a whole other level. If you think you like Gucci Rush for Men, wait until you experience this one!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree - Passage d'Enfer is what you want. Just apply a little more.

Christian Lacroix's Tumulte smells a lot like Rush. (But not Rush Limbaugh, thankfully.)
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

I'm suprised no one has said Tam Dao...I have a full bottle of Gucci Rush and don't want it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Azzaro Visit is pretty close as well.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

LesNez - Let Me Play the Lion

Though it's actually a little more expensive than Rush, but more refined. I think you might be more happy with it.

Honestly I was so upset when they discontinued this fragrance...I think I cried....

Do yourself a favour and get PAL ZILERI- SARTORIALE.

Azzaro Visit is similar but nowhere near as close as SARTORIALE. I promise you!

Trust me and you will be thanking me
    Last edited by Itch; 1st May 2008 at 04:11 AM.
    Favete Linguis

smeller

I'm sure a lot will not agree with me - but did you ever tried Yatagan?

Very different compositions, but I believe Rush fans are potential Yatagan fans. A very similar vibe on me, after a while.

I love and own both.

Post Thanks / Like

Visit... it has more nutmeg than Rush which makes it unbearable for me.
    Last edited by irish; 1st May 2008 at 03:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Tumulte by Christian Lacroix smells slightly better compared to Rush.Not that expensive too...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    Tumulte by Christian Lacroix smells slightly better compared to Rush.Not that expensive too...
    While I personally like Rush better, I third the suggestion that Tumulte is quite similar to Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by wicozani View Post
    While I personally like Rush better, I third the suggestion that Tumulte is quite similar to Rush.
    you know, i used to like rush a lot - THEN i found tumulte . . .

tumulte feels much brighter and aromatic. i find it to be great for everyday use and just has a more casual vibe to it

rush is a bit more sophisticated but in a darker more musty sense. i think its the insense.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    I'm suprised no one has said Tam Dao...I have a full bottle of Gucci Rush and don't want it anymore.
    I agree 100%. Tam Dao is the replacement and happens to be superior.

lanvin arpege pour homme reminds it. peppery notes are nearly same but arpege is a bit sweeter than rush.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had a chance to test Serge Luten's Bois et Musc, but I wonder if it's any similar to Gucci Rush for men. Could someone shed some light on this, please?

Regards,
    -T-

ps. One close Rush-clone that hasn't been mentioned yet is Ginestet Le Boise. It's only a bit darker and has a light vanilla note in it, but otherwise I find it to be pretty close to Rush.

Rush tends to be more on the dry woody side and Bois et Musc sweeter woody, very pronounced cedar and musk stays close to the skin but lingers - absolutely wonderful scent. Bois et Musc is one of the four fragrances that Lutens has made which forms various aspects of Feminite Du Bois (the other 3 are Bois et Violette, Bois Oriental and Bois et Fruits). For those who like Feminite Du Bois, these 4 other 'Bois' fragrances are to die for. Lutens' fragrances tend to be in the sweeter, gourmand oriental category which I love. If you like Rush to be somewhat stronger and last longer, there is Trend by Les Copains - not sure if easily available.

Post Thanks / Like

Trend by Les Copains is extremely close to Rush. But it's discontinued too.
    However, because it's less popular it can probably still be found going cheap at internet stores.
    Renato

I have never worn it for long, but on a tester, I though Le Boise by Ginestet was a dead ringer for Gucci Rush for Men.

Post Thanks / Like

Oddly enough I just came across Azzaro Visit at a local Marshalls yesterday. I sprayed in one arm and then went home and put Rush on the other. They are nearly identical. Azzaro is a little sharper but on drydown you couldn't tell them apart.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to add - Rush is still available on a few websites for its original price. It's totally obnoxious that some retailers are doubling the price, even though they are sitting on large inventories, because it was discontinued. Oh well.

hey all, long time lurker here.

you know, the other day i kept thinking to myself "what was that cologne i used to wear all the time. finally after hours of trying to fire up some dead brain cells, 'gucci rush' hit me in the face. you can imagine the surprise i had when i found that it was discontinued and fetching horrible prices on ebay. thanks all for suggesting replacement scents, time to try!

i must agree.. tyr definitelly Pal Zileri Sartoriale!!!! it s practicly gucci rush with even better longevity, and for me more sexy either!!! try it!! there s no way, you ll regret it!!! sartoriale is superb

Post Thanks / Like

+2 on Tam Dao. and the good news is, it's better.

close second is 212 by CH. mid accords of 212 packs in more punch than rush.

just wanted throw out that Nemo by Cacherel is also similar - fun, weird bottle too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gucci rush for men = result

Saturday today and went with the family for a drive onto the country. Ended up in a quintessential English market town, with lots of bustle, as it was market day. I strayed off the beaten track ( to get away from the crowds ) and was drawn into a little market hall, with a small perfumery counter.

I only happened upon a bottle of GRfM for £20 ( 100ml ) !!!!!!!! OH JOY !!!!!

DeepSilence

Gucci rush is discountinied?
    imazing ! why companies do this with their production? recently Davidoff stopped producing Zino and Good Life. Some of this fragrances are identity of company.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought Sartoriale by Pal Zileri recently and I must agree that this is very similar to Rush for men. Sartoriale is a bit softer and has no harsh woody drydown that Rush do. Longevity is outstanding as well.

Celine Fever is also similar, but from what I remember of Rush, CF is a bit softer.

Brooklyn by Bond No. 9.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

Quote Originally Posted by Messer View Post
    I bought Sartoriale by Pal Zileri recently and I must agree that this is very similar to Rush for men. Sartoriale is a bit softer and has no harsh woody drydown that Rush do. Longevity is outstanding as well.
    I would have to disagree. I bought the pal zileri sart. and it has pretty much no longevity at all. It smells just like Rush with very minor almost not noticable differences, but it lasts maybe 20 minutes. I even got the deodorant. Total dissappointment. smells nice tho

Post Thanks / Like

Lacroix's Tumulte is similar to Rush and better, IMO.

i'm gutted that gucci have delisted rush for men. it was always one of my faves and one of the frags which got me interested in scents back 10 years ago. i'll never buy gucci again. i always did find PH overwhelming and can live without envy

I'm looking for a replacement for Rush too. I just ordered samples of Passage d'enfer,
    Tam Dao, and let me play the lion hoping one will be similar or even better.

I found the heart of CdG Wonderwood to be much like Rush - but not the initial notes. And for some reason - I know I'm going to catch flak for this - but I've always treated Joseph Abboud as the cheaper brother of Rush.
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com | Yep! This Is My Moving Sale Thread
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread | I need a Creed Original Vetiver cap...

Post Thanks / Like

Gucci Rush was excellent.

Gucci Rush is to Gucci as By Man is to Dolce & Gabbana. Major fail when it comes to discontinuing a great designer fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    Gucci Rush was excellent.

Gucci Rush is to Gucci as By Man is to Dolce & Gabbana. Major fail when it comes to discontinuing a great designer fragrance.
    Absolutely. Why do they get rid of these excellent scents? Surely sales can't have been that bad! It's not as if they were weird, uncommercial scents.

Quote Originally Posted by marcar72 View Post
    I justed wanted some opinions on a scent that comes close to Gucci Rush for Men EdT.
    Be Bop Man

Just tried a sample of Comme des Garcons Wonderwood and it's my nominee for most suitable GRfM replacement. In addition to the woods, it has that candied iris & violet element that is the linch-pin of Rush for me. Wonderwood does have some juniper and pepper notes that I don't detect in Rush, but these don't last long on my skin and when they're gone, I'm left with something virtually identical to Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by uxf View Post
    Just tried a sample of Comme des Garcons Wonderwood and it's my nominee for most suitable GRfM replacement. In addition to the woods, it has that candied iris & violet element that is the linch-pin of Rush for me. Wonderwood does have some juniper and pepper notes that I don't detect in Rush, but these don't last long on my skin and when they're gone, I'm left with something virtually identical to Rush.
    Thanks, I'll have to get a sample eventually. I'm pretty much sold on Sartoriale as a replacement but I wish I could sample it first.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Sartoriale!
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Gucci Rush for Men Smell Alike

Hello, OP here just wanted to follow up with what I think is a good smell alike to Gucci Rush for Men. It's been awhile since I've had any Rush for Men and I haven't tried any of the suggestions yet but plan on eventually trying one or two of them. What I've stumbled upon that I think smells close, maybe it's just me or my love for sandalwood... is Estee Lauder Sensuous EDP. Man oh man I love Sensuous!

Post Thanks / Like

Gucci needs a wake up call for discontinuing a masterpiece like Rush for Men while coming out with sickening trash like Guilty.

Comparing Tam Dao to Rush is like comparing the color purple to a rainbow. If you've ever sawed wood, you already know the smell of Tam Dao. But Gucci Rush is so more than a one note wood scent, it's layers of many different woods (cypress, cedar, sandalwood, Okoume wood) on a bed of incense, patchouli and grey musks. Actually, I would consider Incense Avignon closer to Rush than Tam Dao.

As for me, I'm writing to Gucci to urge them to bring back Rush, even as a limited edition.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    Gucci needs a wake up call for discontinuing a masterpiece like Rush for Men while coming out with sickening...

As for me, I'm writing to Gucci to urge them to bring back Rush, even as a limited edition.
    Same here... Gucci Rush has been pulled out from production, what, 10 years ago, and we still have so many people rediscovering it (even at these crazy prices). I personally decided not to purchase it, if it's gonna cost me more than $50 per 50ml. Just cant justify paying ridoculous amount of money for leftovers.

After finishing my last bottle, i've been trying to find something at least remotely close to GR, but none of them (Azzaro Visit, Tumulte by christian lacroix or Pal Zileri Sartoriale, I just opened) comes close to the refined scent o Gucci Rush. It just doesnt make sense why Gucci would not bring it back, after such obvious demand.

I'm gonna write to them too, just to let them know, if they dont already. Everybody's welcome to do the same

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

A few other that are similar to Gucci Rush For Men are

Montale Greyland
    Ginestet Le Boise
    The Different Company Un Parfum des Sens et Bois

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Post Thanks / Like

"Saffron Amber Cardamom" by Korres is pretty much a dead ringer for Gucci Rush for Men! It's not as strong though.

Seriously, try it! It's very reasonably priced too, at €29 for 50ml.
    Last edited by Riverwide; 5th November 2011 at 04:27 PM.

Made a petition for this. I know this might seem silly, but I just hope this message will get echoed to the right people

http://www.change.org/petitions/gucc...i-rush-for-men

Dear fellow Rush fans I think I have spotted another contender: Loewe 7. I sampled this today for the second time and I managed to get past the initial clove assault. I usually hate clove but this is a very good take on clove and a rather old fashioned smell. in the heart of the composition cedar takes over and overall this is quite close to Rush, unless clove is a dealbreaker for you.
    Now blogging about Christos for Men by Christopher Chronis http://wp.me/13WRd

Vintage Jacomo Eau Cendree available for sale

I have been looking for a replacement for Gucci Rush for Men for years. I finished my last bottle almost 4 years ago and nothing has come close.

Last weekend, a dog trainer (don't ask) came by to help with my partner and my dog. He was wearing a scent that smelled similar to Rush. I detected the prominent cedar notes I asked him what he was wearing and he said Dolce & Gabbana but didn't know which one.

Yesterday, I walked over to Macy's and stopped by the fragrance counter. After a few spritzes of their fragrances (on cards), it appeared that "The One" for Men was "The One." I had them spray some one to see. After it settled in, it was very similar to Rush -- but not has heavy. I don't think it will have the longevity of Rush but, tonight, I purchased a small bottle.

I spoke to the salesperson at the counter and lamented about how much I have missed Rush and she said that she just got an e-mail that they will be carrying Rush for Men again soon. I won't believe it until I see it but maybe.... just maybe... there is hope.

Until then, I'll see how "The One" works out. It's better than nothing but it's not Rush. There is a fragrance currently on Amazon (Rush by Gucci Reproduction) that is supposed to be the same but there weren't any reviews. Has anyone tried that?

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you just buy Rush for Men bittenbyazebra? It's available online.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Trend Lui is another one to try.

Where? All I can find are old bottles in the $200-$300 range. A bit steep for my wallet!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bittenbyazebra View Post
    Where? All I can find are old bottles in the $200-$300 range. A bit steep for my wallet!
    On eBay! There are numerous bottles for sale.

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    On eBay! There are numerous bottles for sale.
    For a new bottle on Ebay you're looking at $249+. I've seen used or leaking bottles go for $167. Gucci should bring back Rush for Men. It's a Tom Ford creation and the quality shows.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    For a new bottle on Ebay you're looking at $249+. I've seen used or leaking bottles go for $167. Gucci should bring back Rush for Men. It's a Tom Ford creation and the quality shows.
    I see one (used) for a price of $69 (non-auction).

Another one is auction (new) at a current bid price of $39.

Just keep your eye out, I think you're bound to run into an affordable bottle in a month or so...

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're looking at after shave, not the EDT.

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pal Zileri's Sartoriale is the closest i know.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Thanks, I'll have to get a sample eventually. I'm pretty much sold on Sartoriale as a replacement but I wish I could sample it first.
    Absolutely MUST try PAL ZILERI- SARTORIALE and WONDERWOOD.

For me, WONDERWOOD has effectively replaced RUSH and is my new fave in this category.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sticking with Pal Zileri Sartoriale as a suggestion. I have both Rush and Sartoriale right now, one on each arm, and they smell pretty damn close - opening, mid, and basenotes.

Also, they have strikingly similar longevity (or lack there of). Perhaps Sartoriale is a bit better.
    Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.