Code of Conduct

Default Similarities between Nuit de Tubreuse and Sville l'Aube, really???

Hi!
    There's something I really don't get: I came across reviews and comments drawing "obvious" comparision, or filiation, between NdT and SALA! I know that I've yet to learn/smell a lot. I did my utmost in this case... But I don't understand that link, and, you know, it can be offputting sometimes! Maybe a new evidence of how subjective are our impressions. However, I'd like to know what do you, dear basenoters, think?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Similarities between Nuit de Tubreuse and Sville l'Aube, really???

Hmmm, I can't see the resemblance.

for swap/sale:

Nor can I.

Me either.

Hi guys! Thanx a lot for your replies. I feel less alone
    I asked the same question to a blogger who knows very well both frags. This is the very kind and helpful answer I received:

.... Bertrand Duchafour himself confirms a family resemblance between the two designs.

This may be the connection between some green notes and orange blossom/ jasmine accord taht creates the tuberose creates, even if there is not a drop in the Seville l'Aube's formula. There is also some material in common except white flowers, like pink pepper or cardamom.

But you're right, they are still very different scents: I perceive Nuit de Tubereuse rather as a chypre, while Seville l'Aube is a floral oriental, pretty balmy in the background and without the rooty facets in NdT. I also find that their characters differ greatly.
    "

I wanted to share with you those impressions!

I know well them both,
    I own and love Sville, I can't stand Nuit de Tuberose. I find a certain similarity in the very beginning between the fruity-spicy-resinous (mango?) notes that precede the tuberose in NdT and the fruity-spicy-resinous (grapes?) ones in SalA. I think I can feel there's the same hand behind, but apart from what I said above, the two fragrances are quite different.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Thank you for the feedback, idodine
    Funny to see how my impression is the opposite of yours: Albeit I do not "hate" SALA (I like the top notes), during my skin-test, I was quickly bored and disappointed by a prominent vanillic sweet base. In fact I'm quite fedup with vanillic bases I find so common nowadays. And my wife wears NdT very often, which I really like on her.

Funny thing is, I am trying out Seville L'Aube right now and the other scent it reminds me of isn't NDT but Vanille Absolument, but in a floral version. It has this powdery-boozy vibe, somehow reminding me of the colour brown (as in rum).
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit