Code of Conduct

Default perfume parlour oils review

www.perfume-parlour.co.uk

from the people that bought in the past from this seller i think it would be nice to hear from you your comments and at the same time share you opinion about each fragrance you have bought so that we all can be aware which ones have more or less quality

myself i got 2

creed aventus - nice but not really similar to the real thing

platinum egoiste - very similar notes

Default Re: perfume parlour oils review

I found that the kenzo flower is absolutley spot on,which to me is amazing. Givenchy dahlia noir is also close.
    Agent Provaceur really good but the drydown is slightly off to the real thing. On a whim l had Catchment, their version of Tom Ford Black orchid as l hadn't smelt it,but testing it with the real thing the perfume hits with the chocolate note,whereas Catchment has a fruitier top note first but to me quite close in scent. So far the ones l have listed are oils in 3ml so very reasonable for their price. l bought their version of creeds virgin island water in oil and spray,spray not keen on but the oil is more successful but in relation it is reminiscent but not quite right. i like their version of Happy by Clinique,whether it is close or not I can,t remember,but it is light so repeat sprays are needed.
    I personally prefer the oils and lovely to carry around, perfume parlour do their own mixes but I've not tried those.
    I really liked these oils and happy to keep buying them on occasion

Post Thanks / Like

i got the Hermes spray, Dont need the real thing now. I keep this in my Car

I have a few of the oils. Mileslime smells good, infact, im going to wear this tomorrow, from what i remember, doesnt last long.

I Bought a Oil Burner, these will be perfect for it. I found some of them didn't last, i think sprays would be better. The Hermes one is silly, lasts a long time!

I bought their spray version of virgin island water and I actually felt sick with the smell, awful!
    Pure Malt was not too bad and the platinum egoiste was very similar. Quite enjoyed the millseme, particularly after a shower, very refreshing

I bought their spray version of virgin island water and I actually felt sick with the smell, awful!
    Pure Malt was not too bad and the platinum egoiste was very similar. Quite enjoyed the millseme, particularly after a shower, very refreshing

Post Thanks / Like

I've bought quite a few of their sprays. They were all excellent. For the price, they are very good IMO.

Their Creed ones have been very good, IMO. Unfortunately, MI is identical to the last sample I got (citrusy salt), and not the sample I got a few years ago, which smelled sweet and had more ambergris in it. Damn Creed and their batch variations! Their GIT is very good, and they have recently added Erolfa and Royal Oud (which I have purchased - awaiting their arrival).

Are they still doing the sprays. I've had good results with those. I notice they are now doing some of the bond no9 frags.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, and the Bond No 9 sprays that I have tried (that I am able to compare) are also very good. I got Riverside Drive and Chez Bond, amongst others. For me, they are close enough that I wouldn't bother with the original of either now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crispsandwich View Post
    Yes, and the Bond No 9 sprays that I have tried (that I am able to compare) are also very good. I got Riverside Drive and Chez Bond, amongst others. For me, they are close enough that I wouldn't bother with the original of either now.
    Hmmm. Whats the sillage and projection?
    I only have one of the sprays and plenty oils. The oils dont project as much as I would like.

Its version of spicebomb is spot on. I have a sample of the oil and it lasted all day, and i actually received a compliement in the office while wearing it. Projected very well, to say it was only an oil.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I ordered three 'inspired by' sprays - Erolfas, R Oud and R Scottish.

I've only sampled RSL once, and it was a couple of years ago, but their version smells like I remember. The top notes fade quickly, just like the original. The dry-down is soapy.

Erolfas and R Oud are spot on, to me. I'm extremely happy, as Erolfa is one of my favourite scents. 25mls for 8 is an absolute bargain. More experienced noses may be able to detect some discrepancies, but that slightly soured salty citrus is spot on, IMO. It smells exactly like my sample.

R Oud actually smells a bit stronger than the original, to me. Otherwise, it is spot on.

I've ordered from this company many times, and the service has always been excellent.

With regards to sillage and projection, I may be the wrong person to ask. I don't spray liberally (I like a person to have to get close to smell me), but received a compliment today (was wearing the Erolfa-inspired spray).

Thanks for the great review. Ive just placed an order of the Black Afghno and Creeds Spice and Wood. Will post my thoughts when they come,

Post Thanks / Like

royal oud sounds like my next purchase

My new sprays have arrived, do just to give you a quick overview.

Wood and Spice smells like anything you'd pick up from M&S. Don't get me wrong, it's a pleasant smell, but for same price you could buy one of those and it would last much longer.

Black Afghano is a lot stronger. I've never smelled the real stuff, but on my skin the perfume parlour alternative smells a bit like wet soil. Quite like it, but not something I'll see myself reaching for on a regular basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the black afgano is starting to grow on me.

Have tried(and liked) their match for Live Jazz, Egoiste, Hugo Boss, Xeryus, Le Male. Only the Givenchy Gentleman was disappointing. Good service from them.
    It is impossible for something to be almost unique

I've now tried Violet blond their notes that match the TF version, wore the oil on one wrist and the TF on the other. Just the slightest difference occurred in the dry down in the last moments which I assume is because one is oil and the other is spray.

I also have Gloryify (cacheral Gloria), I've never smelt the original scent but I do like almondy cherry smells, and i liked this one very much and again heard it is a good copy, so I can appreciate this one on it's own merits,warm friendly body hug.
    Finally Candid Woman which is like Champagne/ yvresse, i compared it with the last remnants on mine, again there's similar notes I only think there is slight difference due to the age of my original, but again I enjoyed the peach even though to my untrained nose remembers a pear note in the PP oil.

The sillage on all 3 lasted 4-6 hours with Violet blond lasting the most, but I am light handed.
    I am having a lot of fun with these as i'm enjoying the choice of what to wear which is not something I've done so much with perfume for a very long time. Cheers
    Last edited by rubydoll; 7th April 2013 at 09:24 PM.