Code of Conduct

Default Parfums de Marly Herod

Has anyone tried this? What's it like? Do you know where I can get a sample?

Default Re: Parfums de Marly Herod

I've not tried it, but it certainly looks interesting! You can get a sample from First in Fragrance, http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/parfum...rly-herod.html

If you've not used these people, you've been missing out. They are BRILLIANT!!

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    I've not tried it, but it certainly looks interesting! You can get a sample from First in Fragrance, http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/parfum...rly-herod.html

If you've not used these people, you've been missing out. They are BRILLIANT!!
    Thanks for the link!

I own this along with every other release of their line. A very nice fragrance indeed.

I've not tried this one but I found the rest of the line well done if not a bit derivative...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I've just tested it. I could get a sample as well. I have to tell you: I am in love now. On my skin the dry down is rich, woody a bit boozy vanilla, complex but not overwhelming. Great fall/winter scent. My only problem is the price tag. In my country it is $270. I wish I could split with guys here. 125ML so half would be great.............
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

Quote Originally Posted by hunguy74 View Post
    I've just tested it. I could get a sample as well. I have to tell you: I am in love now. On my skin the dry down is rich, woody a bit boozy vanilla, complex but not overwhelming. Great fall/winter scent. My only problem is the price tag. In my country it is $270. I wish I could split with guys here. 125ML so half would be great.............
    You're from Hungary? Hali! I'd be open to a split if I knew what it smelled like! Must try to get a sample.

I almost bought this. Tried it ext4nwively.

Very aromatic. Very rounded. No particular note jutting out claiming attention. I found it very balanced, too well balanced and hence me not buying it.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Fragmeister View Post
    You're from Hungary? Hali! I'd be open to a split if I knew what it smelled like! Must try to get a sample.
    Hali, that'd be great, but I think due to the recent issues in the UK around posting internationally, it'd be difficult.....
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

I have a 15 ml decant of Herod and for starters, it is good. As you can already guess from the notes etc, it is a semi spicy, sweet fragrance. It has the vibe of Eau des Baux, Tobacco Vanille and Spicebomb but much more tamer and softer, so that it can easily be worn indoors.

It is close to skin and has moderate sillage. I can't justify a full bottle yet because of the high price but you can consider it as a nice fragrance. If only it was little bit cheaper.