Code of Conduct

Default What chocolate-based cologne has gotten you the most female compliments?

I really like a good cologne with a chocolate base, so i'm wondering if anyone has actually gotten female compliments while wearing them. I'm considering Chocolate Greedy and L'instant guerlain extreme pour homme and would appreciate any colognes that are a bit more accessible financially. I'm not really considering A-men because of the tar note.

Default Re: What chocolate-based cologne has gotten you the most female compliments?

I have received some compliments from LIDGE, but even if I hadn't, it would still be my favorite cocoa-note fragrance.

I think it's a very gentlemanly cologne.

Default Re: What chocolate-based cologne has gotten you the most female compliments?

Vanille Chocolat by Les Senteurs Gourmandes

Chanel's Coromandel has a chocolate facet in it's patchouli. Ladies never fail to compliment me when I wear it.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I find LIDGE to be citrus and cocoa - but not chocolate per se.

Basenotes Plus

LIDGE as well.

Rochas Man - without question.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

Very Irresistible by Givenchy with it's Mint, coffee and hazelnut creates a nice mint chocolate vibe. I think it's an underrated gourmand.

Dior Homme Intense

Play Intense
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

I agree with you on the a*men man as i really dislike that tar note aswell.

However, i would say give A*men a try. buy it, spray it on a hour or so before going out or to do whatever you're going to do and see how it works, cos the dry down is really really nice.

LIDGE & Rochas Man have beat out many others in this department for me (including A*Men & flankers, DHI, Play Intense, etc)
    LIDGE offers a very natural smelling cocoa in the late dry down & Rochas Man is more of a mocha.

Everyone but my sister loves LIDGE. Even people that dont care about fragrances.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

LIDGE and his cousin LIDG
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon

Coromandel

Lidge +1

Though I do not consider it as a decent fragrance, Montale's Chocolate Greedy never fails to draw that kind of attention.

A*Men reveals not 'tar' note whatsoever on my skin. None, zero, zilch, negatory. What I DO get out of A*Men is peppermint, lavender, a mocha-type accord, and oodles of patchouli. When I first really wore a sample (Thanks to BN'er MFfan310!), I described it to others as "....a lot like enjoying a Ghirardelli chocolate while walking through a dense forest on a mellow summer afternoon". Now, Angel EDP delivers well on the chocolate, but the scent that is chocolate BASED and has generated compliments from the ladies, is none other than Serendipitous by Serendipity 3. No lie. But it's WAAY sweet.

That's about all I can add. I don't own a lot of gourmands, and the ones I do own are primarily vanilla or coffee based. Also, just wanted to add in my experience with A*Men. See ya!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Everyone but my sister loves LIDGE. Even people that dont care about fragrances.
    Haha I'm with your sister! This discordant citrus + Cocoa is so not chocolate or even nice. From the makers of Derby and Jicky and SDV and Tonka Imperial - and even the soapy Guerlain Vetiver - I just don't feel the love for LIDGE.

I'm yet to find a scent that is chocolate and worth wearing - even though two of my favourite things are chocolate and Guerlain!

Rochas Man just smells synthetic and weak - DHI - as much as I like it, is more about iris and vanilla - delicious but not chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Haha I'm with your sister! This discordant citrus + Cocoa is so not chocolate or even nice. From the makers of Derby and Jicky and SDV and Tonka Imperial - and even the soapy Guerlain Vetiver - I just don't feel the love for LIDGE.

I'm yet to find a scent that is chocolate and worth wearing - even though two of my favourite things are chocolate and Guerlain!

Rochas Man just smells synthetic and weak - DHI - as much as I like it, is more about iris and vanilla - delicious but not chocolate.
    Just curious -- what are your thoughts on Play Intense?

Quote Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post
    Just curious -- what are your thoughts on Play Intense?
    Hmmmm - Haha you got me - I haven't tried it! I might make a detour at lunchtime tomorrow and see if I can sample it - and chocolate greedy - that does sound chocolaty!

Quote Originally Posted by alexwagner View Post
    Very Irresistible by Givenchy with it's Mint, coffee and hazelnut creates a nice mint chocolate vibe. I think it's an underrated gourmand.
    I completely agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Knew their had to be some love out there for this one!

Quote Originally Posted by alexwagner View Post
    Knew their had to be some love out there for this one!
    This one is not shunned, however it never rattled the cages the way Play Intense has. Very Irresistible for men is a very good, underrated creation.

Another vote for Rochas Man.

Al Rehab Choco Musk

Givenchy Very Irresistable for me as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post

Borneo 1834

Smell Bent's Helen Carnate has a nag champa/devil's food cake vibe that is really, really good. Although discontinued, you might be able to find it on ebay for around $1/ml or from Smell Bent directly (email the proprietor, who is a BN member).

I also got a chocolate-y vibe when I layered Annick Goutal's Sables with Jo Malone's Black Vetyver Cafe. This effort may not be a great option for you, as both frags are on the expensive side.

Best wishes and have fun!

Bond's I Love New York For All and Prada's Pour Homme Extreme.

Lidge

I don't know if Noir de Noir can be considered " chocolate based " since it has so many other elements to it that are front and center in terms of longevity but this one is definitely worth a sniff if you want a chocolate fragrance! If you want just chocolate you have to check out Montale's Chocolate Greedy. Compliment factor on those two fragrances are through the roof at least on my skin.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Dior Homme Parfum
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Honestly, Lacoste Elegance.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

A*Men
    my blog : bonnygonggrijp.blogspot.com

Lalique Pour Homme

LIDGE and Givenchy Play Intense
    Top 5

1. Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

2. Invasion Barbare by MDCI

3. Green Irish Tweed by Creed

4. Rive Gauche Pour Homme by YSL

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

More chocolate-based than many listed above, without making you smell like you dribbled hot cocoa on yourself.
    A delicious scent for winter nights.

Il Profvmo also created 'Chocolat Amere' which is a darker, slightly more masculine option.

$130-165/100ml or $3/.7ml sample vial at LuckyScent. Surrender to Chance has the Frais version on sale right now for $18/8ml decant.