Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Recent Creed purchases

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    Most of those wholesale sites are a shipwreck when it comes to the Creeds and how they are labeled. Some list them all as Unisex, some list the wrong ones for men and vice versa, FragranceNet list multiple concentrations, etc.
    This is true...I'm pretty sure but not 100% that most if not all new Creeds are EdP and those sites dont know what there talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    I order from the gray market discounters for nearly all my Creeds (fragrancenet, fragrancex, and scentiments). I have never received a batch older than two years, and 90% are from the prior calendar year. The few times I've received a two year old batch have been when I ordered about now, in the start of a new year.

Not to disagree with a prior poster, but I believe it is wrong to say that it's common practice for a 2008 batch to be sold now. That is just not true from my experience and the threads I have read. Frankly, I'd be shocked to get a five year old product from any of the above, and if it happened more than once from a reseller I'd stop using it.
    The last 3 bottles of Creed Virgin Island Water I received from ScentedMonkey were 5 years old. They were all 2008 bottles of the 1 oz. size.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    This is true...I'm pretty sure but not 100% that most if not all new Creeds are EdP and those sites dont know what there talking about.
    Exactly.
    I think the 75ml "grey caps" are edt. Most of those are discontinued though and hard to find.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Quote Originally Posted by tallstud39 View Post
    The last 3 bottles of Creed Virgin Island Water I received from ScentedMonkey were 5 years old. They were all 2008 bottles of the 1 oz. size.
    The last three were five years old? If it was me, if I received a five-year-old bottle, I'd have returned it and never ordered from that company again.

I haven't ordered from scentedmonkey, so I can't attest to its practices. I ordered a 4 oz. MI from fragrancex.com last week, and just got it last night. It's a 2011 batch, and smells great.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Exactly.
    I think the 75ml "grey caps" are edt. Most of those are discontinued though and hard to find.
    Yes the grey caps are considered the classic bottles only available in 75ml bottles. I do believe they were EdT. So everything you buy now from GIT, Aventus, SMW, VIW, MI, OV ect will be EdP