Code of Conduct

Default Recent Creed purchases

So I bought 3 bottles of Creed the other day off of fragrancenet. I got MI, SMW, and Himalaya. Anyone have any idea on the current batches of these from fragrancenet?

Default Re: Recent Creed purchases

Quote Originally Posted by Xerbia View Post
    So I bought 3 bottles of Creed the other day off of fragrancenet. I got MI, SMW, and Himalaya. Anyone have any idea on the current batches of these from fragrancenet?
    I order mine through creedboutique.com. When I receive mine they're usually a fresh batch that needs to be aged a bit, IMO. Just by what I gather throughout Basenotes, I would say you'll get 08' through 10' and you'll be lucky to get a 2011. I have several Creeds and MI and Himalaya are not part of the equation. Erolfa works better on my skin than MI. Original Santal works for me better than Himalaya. I'm sure you tested for compatibility, blind buys create a bad vibe for Creed. My stuff lasts a good 6-8 hours on my skin, I don't have to douse my clothing, what I spray on my neck chest and wrist lingers.

Good Luck!

C

Quote Originally Posted by Cologniano View Post
    I order mine through creedboutique.com. When I receive mine they're usually a fresh batch that needs to be aged a bit, IMO. Just by what I gather throughout Basenotes, I would say you'll get 08' through 10' and you'll be lucky to get a 2011. I have several Creeds and MI and Himalaya are not part of the equation. Erolfa works better on my skin than MI. Original Santal works for me better than Himalaya. I'm sure you tested for compatibility, blind buys create a bad vibe for Creed. My stuff lasts a good 6-8 hours on my skin, I don't have to douse my clothing, what I spray on my neck chest and wrist lingers.

Good Luck!

C
    Eh, I dunno about that 08-10 thing. I may have gotten all 3 of my Creeds (and did an order recently for VIW as well) from Fragrancenet, and they're 11/11/12 years. And at least one was got last year.

Though, popularity can have an impact as well. Maybe Himalaya would be the most likely candidate for an earlier year?

Quote Originally Posted by Cologniano View Post

Good Luck!

C
    Regarding the freshness of batches with Fragrancenet Creeds, the majority of batches that I got were pretty recent. I ordered MI and Aventus in November, and both batches were from the current year.

Ordered my GIT and SMW from Fragrancenet in May/June, and I got the previous year's batch.

The oldest batch I got from a Fragrancenet Creed was my Himalaya, got a 6 year old batch. I'm satisfied with all of my purchases though.

I ordered a big bottle of MI last week. It was a 2011 batch and it smells wonderful with 8+ hours of longevity. I have ordered 4 Creeds from fragrancenet in the last 6 months and all batches have been 2011 or newer. No issues with stale juice.

Keep us posted on your batch years. Was thinking of ordering a botlle of SMW next.

Okay thanks guys, Ups says the bottles come in tomorrow so I'll keep you updated. I actually also just got a bottle of Royal Oud, and it's a 2011 batch as well.

My most recent purchase from Fragrancenet (Aventus) was a 2012 batch. See my signature.
    "All of my 2012 batches of Aventus smell EXACTLY the same...even the grey market one with an Arabic lot sticker on the bottom of the bottle." - BT260

I got a bottle of VIW in last week, it's a newer batch-smells great. I'm expecting a bottle of MI in tomorrow.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

I order from the gray market discounters for nearly all my Creeds (fragrancenet, fragrancex, and scentiments). I have never received a batch older than two years, and 90% are from the prior calendar year. The few times I've received a two year old batch have been when I ordered about now, in the start of a new year.

Not to disagree with a prior poster, but I believe it is wrong to say that it's common practice for a 2008 batch to be sold now. That is just not true from my experience and the threads I have read. Frankly, I'd be shocked to get a five year old product from any of the above, and if it happened more than once from a reseller I'd stop using it.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Whatever you get, I'm sure you'll enjoy. They're all fine scents IMO.

Just got these bad boys from fragrancenet. For you batch junkies out there: Himalaya #A3912B01, SMW# A3511S01, MI# A3311Z02. It's weird SMW wasn't from gray market, but the other two were. They all smell amazing though.

Very pleased with this purchase.

I bought Aventus and MI this month. I am now officially banning myself from any purchases of full bottle until Summer. :-)

Usually a year or two. Always received good juice.

Advice to those in possession of a stale Creed:

Quit complaining. Hang unto it. A few more years, perhaps a couple of decades, if you can make it.

Suddenly you'll be the only possessor of the only true, genuine, vintage Creed.

Best decision! I should do the same
    Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    I bought Aventus and MI this month. I am now officially banning myself from any purchases of full bottle until Summer. :-)
    Today the house of Creed = House of Greed; Vintage Creed's are grt, but the recent releases are too watered down IMO and don't last as long as the vintage's...Unfortunately, all I had were a few 1-2 ml samples of the vintage's and they are long gone.

VIW and SMW

Just Purchased Aventus and VIW, good choices. Sampled Himilaya the other day at a local shop that carried Creeds, wasn't too impressed but will definitely give it another shot.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Just got these bad boys from fragrancenet. For you batch junkies out there: Himalaya #A3912B01, SMW# A3511S01, MI# A3311Z02. It's weird SMW wasn't from gray market, but the other two were. They all smell amazing though.

Very pleased with this purchase.
    nice picture. im about to have an orgasm.

Why does fragrancenet have EDP and EDT for Green Irish Tweed? Isn't it only available in Millesime?

I see Walgreens is now carrying MI and Aventus.

Walgreens has sold Creeds for a couple of years and they are supplied by fragrancenet.

Ignore the EDT / EDP listings on fragrancenet. GIT only comes in one strength which is EdP. Millesime refers to the variability of ingredients in each batch not the strength of the solution.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Walgreens has sold Creeds for a couple of years and they are supplied by fragrancenet.

Ignore the EDT / EDP listings on fragrancenet. GIT only comes in one strength which is EdP. Millesime refers to the variability of ingredients in each batch not the strength of the solution.
    They had a 15% code last night. In the past they didn't have Aventus to my knowledge. I got GIT last year from them with a 20% code.

GIT only comes in one strength which is EdP. Millesime refers to the variability of ingredients in each batch not the strength of the solution.
    Is this the case for all the popular fragrances? MI, VIW, Aventus, SMW, OS, GIT, and Himalaya?
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Yea all those are EdP.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Speaking of the concentration...There are a few that are also cologne version. So which do you guys prefer EdP or EdC?

Cant imagine an EdC strength Creed would be very popular.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Cant imagine an EdC strength Creed would be very popular.
    I noticed a few from online discounters...all I know is I wouldn't get the EdC

I think the just call them "cologne" because American men would never buy anything labeled "perfume".
    Just like why fragrancenet list an edt and edp version. Men will buy the edt because they think its only for men and women will pay more for the edp because they see "perfume" and think that its only for women.
    That why edp versions of mens frags are called INTENSE and EXTREME, because people are dumb.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

I think the just call them "cologne" because American men would never buy anything labeled "perfume".
    Just like why fragrancenet list an edt and edp version. Men will buy the edt because they think its only for men and women will pay more for the edp because they see "perfume" and think that its only for women.
    That why edp versions of mens frags are called INTENSE and EXTREME, because people are dumb.
    So what your saying, even though on those sites they say that. All Creed are EdP, because I think so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    So what your saying, even though on those sites they say that. All Creed are EdP, because I think so too.
    Most of those wholesale sites are a shipwreck when it comes to the Creeds and how they are labeled. Some list them all as Unisex, some list the wrong ones for men and vice versa, FragranceNet list multiple concentrations, etc.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    Most of those wholesale sites are a shipwreck when it comes to the Creeds and how they are labeled. Some list them all as Unisex, some list the wrong ones for men and vice versa, FragranceNet list multiple concentrations, etc.
    This is true...I'm pretty sure but not 100% that most if not all new Creeds are EdP and those sites dont know what there talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    I order from the gray market discounters for nearly all my Creeds (fragrancenet, fragrancex, and scentiments). I have never received a batch older than two years, and 90% are from the prior calendar year. The few times I've received a two year old batch have been when I ordered about now, in the start of a new year.

Not to disagree with a prior poster, but I believe it is wrong to say that it's common practice for a 2008 batch to be sold now. That is just not true from my experience and the threads I have read. Frankly, I'd be shocked to get a five year old product from any of the above, and if it happened more than once from a reseller I'd stop using it.
    The last 3 bottles of Creed Virgin Island Water I received from ScentedMonkey were 5 years old. They were all 2008 bottles of the 1 oz. size.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    This is true...I'm pretty sure but not 100% that most if not all new Creeds are EdP and those sites dont know what there talking about.
    Exactly.
    I think the 75ml "grey caps" are edt. Most of those are discontinued though and hard to find.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Quote Originally Posted by tallstud39 View Post
    The last 3 bottles of Creed Virgin Island Water I received from ScentedMonkey were 5 years old. They were all 2008 bottles of the 1 oz. size.
    The last three were five years old? If it was me, if I received a five-year-old bottle, I'd have returned it and never ordered from that company again.

I haven't ordered from scentedmonkey, so I can't attest to its practices. I ordered a 4 oz. MI from fragrancex.com last week, and just got it last night. It's a 2011 batch, and smells great.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Exactly.
    I think the 75ml "grey caps" are edt. Most of those are discontinued though and hard to find.
    Yes the grey caps are considered the classic bottles only available in 75ml bottles. I do believe they were EdT. So everything you buy now from GIT, Aventus, SMW, VIW, MI, OV ect will be EdP