Code of Conduct

Default Dirty English mystery

I am interested in buying this frag and last week i sampled it in a shop. i sprayed it on paper and it was Delicious.
    the scent was very nice with heavy presence. i enjoyed it for almost a week. yesterday i went to buy it in another shop and sampled again on skin. what a disaster! by the time the scent hit the skin it was completely gone. i am talking seconds not even minutes! it was undetectable as if it was water. i read the reviews and some say it has decent longevity and others say it has zero longevity. so what is the story with this frag? was it badly reformulated or it was bad from start?

Default Re: Dirty English mystery

Tried it twice. Didn't care for it either time.

Tried this years ago, but as far as I remember the scent, the opening was quite loud, then it stayed rather close to the skin and longevity wasn't all that great.

Didn't care too much for this one.

the scent was very nice with heavy presence. i enjoyed it for almost a week. yesterday i went to buy it in another shop and sampled again on skin. what a disaster! by the time the scent hit the skin it was completely gone. i am talking seconds not even minutes! it was undetectable as if it was water.
    My experience with it is somewhat similar. However it is more of an instant skin scent for me than being completely gone (though it is brief even as a skin scent). You might give Zirh Ikon a try as it has a similar vibe, but I can attest that it probably won't give you much in the longevity department either unfortunately, but all skin types vary and it might work for you. Good luck!

Its an okay fragrance. After reading several reviews I decided to give this a try. It has a nice clean, woody, leather, bourbon, soapy smell. The longevity is inconsistant, perhaps this is why it was discontinued, and also the fact that it may stain shirts as per the label. Cool bottle though. All in all, I am saving it for a possible swap in the future, or I may give it to a friend. It was only $20 for large bottle.

I don't get it. I get a solid 10+ hours of longevity and projects just fine, more than fine.

This is exactly the mystery!!!
    how can it be that most of us hardly detect it and others get this good longevity and sillage.
    maybe the current juice is from very old stock (2008) that gone bad by now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    I don't get it. I get a solid 10+ hours of longevity and projects just fine, more than fine.

Quote Originally Posted by damon View Post
    This is exactly the mystery!!!
    how can it be that most of us hardly detect it and others get this good longevity and sillage.
    maybe the current juice is from very old stock (2008) that gone bad by now?
    Might be it's either fake or it was poorly stored!

I think there's an issue with different batches / bottles. I have tested it many times in department stores and have found it to be pretty strong stuff on most occasions. However, I purchased a 15ml spray of Dirty English, boxed & sealed, and it was like water! Whether this is a storage or age issue I have no idea, maybe it's just manufacturing inconsistency or even, gulp, reformulation...!