Code of Conduct

Thread: perfumeuae.com

Basenotes Plus

Default perfumeuae.com

Has anybody used this website before? There's a rare fragrance I'd like to purchase but the only place I found it was this website.

Default Re: perfumeuae.com

According to their website they don't ship outside the UAE: "We are based in Dubai (UAE) with retail operations within UAE. Due to International restrictions on export of Fragrances we cannot deliver outside of UAE."

Basenotes Plus

Dang, next time I should read the fine print. It's weird because when you add it to the cart, you can pick different countries to have it shipped to.

Have just noticed this website today, it's listed now with free shipping worldwide.
    A bit hesitant about wether it's a legit site or not.

Banned

too bad you cant get your amber absolute
    http://www.perfumeuae.com/tomford_am...lute_50ml.html

I would be interested to know if they are legit as well.

Basenotes Plus

Please note that this thread is being moved to the 'Shopping' section.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    I would be interested to know if they are legit as well.
    Recently inquired again. Although they ship internationally now,they cannot ship perfume to the United States.
    (1136)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

That is indeed sad they have a good selection at competitive prices.

I wonder why they have USD prices?

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    That is indeed sad they have a good selection at competitive prices.

I wonder why they have USD prices?
    They can send certain cosmetic items to the US but not perfumes
    (1142)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    They can send certain cosmetic items to the US but not perfumes
    (1142)
    I see that makes perfect sense. Thanks for clearing that up

Thanks for the info hednic.

I see that makes perfect sense. Thanks for clearing that up
    Strawberrynet used to have the same type of shipping restriction to the US for some time. Think that they have relaxed it now. Perhaps this online retailer will eventually do the same as they seem to be a good source of Middle East Montales.
    (1203)

Strawberrynet used to have the same type of shipping restriction to the US for some time. Think that they have relaxed it now. Perhaps this online retailer will eventually do the same as they seem to be a good source of Middle East Montales.
    (1203)
    Yes I agree. Nice variable selection and a competitive outlet if they do indeed loose their restriction to ship stateside. I will have to keep an eye on this.

Yes I agree. Nice variable selection and a competitive outlet if they do indeed loose their restriction to ship stateside. I will have to keep an eye on this.
    I received an e-mail from customer service yesterday saying that they hoped to be able to start sending to the US in 2014. We'll see. I wouldn't hold my breath.

(2422)

Got a new e-mail from the owner of the website today and I quote:

"Hi xxxxx

I apologize in informing you that the information that our customer service representative gave you in a previous e-mail was incorrect. There is a restriction on shipping perfumes via air freight from UAE. We can only ship few perfumes which we have in stock in our overseas warehouse or with our vendors."

Regards,
    Amal Ansour

So - None of the exclusive Middle East Montales that this website carries will be crossing the Atlantic I am sorry to say.

(2807)

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the info., hednic.

Thanks for the info Hednic. They say they will ship internationally if the fragrance has as a " Intlt shipping" logo, but thats the confusing part, for a certain line they will put it but individually no. I emailed them, lets see what he says.

Their policy is idiotic, considering there is a potential gold mine with international buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Thanks for the info Hednic. They say they will ship internationally if the fragrance has as a " Intlt shipping" logo, but thats the confusing part, for a certain line they will put it but individually no. I emailed them, lets see what he says.

Their policy is idiotic, considering there is a potential gold mine with international buyers.
    I'd be curious to see what answer you get. I tried querying them on two occasions about Montales years apart and got the same response: No dice for shipping to the US. Had no choice but to look elsewhere.

I'd be curious to see what answer you get. I tried querying them on two occasions about Montales years apart and got the same response: No dice for shipping to the US. Had no choice but to look elsewhere.
    Lol , I got an email from Suzie, saying NO they don't ship. They had a Mancera fragrance for 80 dollars, the temptation was too much lol.
    Alas, they dont ship outside the UAE, unless you buy shitty lipsticks lol, which they are more than willing to send. Its quite silly, considering locals there mostly buy their stuff in stores (and cheaper) , where as their online stuff is more expensive for them but a deal for us in the USA,
    They will have to go international if they want survive as a business in the long run. Having customers like us is an asset to any fragrance seller :P

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Having customers like us is an asset to any fragrance seller :P
    Absolutely agree.

I just placed and paid for a fragrance order with them to the USA. Keeping my fingers crossed it gets shipped!

Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    I just placed and paid for a fragrance order with them to the USA. Keeping my fingers crossed it gets shipped!
    I would be shocked if it did. Please let us know the outcome.

I would be shocked if it did. Please let us know the outcome.
    " THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS. Please Note - We are away for EID break from 24th July to 1st August. Deliveries would commence from 2nd August. If you wish to cancel the order just reply back with cancel request. We would confirm your order on 2nd of August. "

Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    " THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS. Please Note - We are away for EID break from 24th July to 1st August. Deliveries would commence from 2nd August. If you wish to cancel the order just reply back with cancel request. We would confirm your order on 2nd of August. "
    Sounds like an automated e-mail "out of the office vacation" message. Follow up here on the 2nd of August and let us know it has in fact shipped. I ordered and paid on two occasions only to have my money refunded when they saw what country I was in. I sincerely hope everything goes smoothly for you. Have my fingers crossed. Perhaps they have changed their policy. That would be wonderful.

perfumeuae.com

Their last twitter update is in 2010 or 2011....facebook rarely updated....and when it is, it's really saying nothing...theres no daily interaction with customers like a thriving business on facebook normally has.

A cursory check of their IP reveals that it is based in Singapore while the website is registered somewhere in Arizona....I also spotted an australian address under one of the headings. Plus there are something like 295 websites hosted on the one server along with perfume uae....they did sound too good to be true but unless a trusted member living in the uae vouches for them, i would have a hard time believing that I could trust them with my card details.

They don't answer the phone, no matter when you call. Going to email them to see ifthere's any human response but won't be holding my breath.
    Last edited by Tester; 23rd August 2014 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tester View Post
    Going to email them to see ifthere's any human response but won't be holding my breath.
    I did get e-mail responses within 24 hours upon sending them on two occasions, just not the responses I was hoping for.

I checked the site recently and it really made me want to put an order. I appreciate that they ship internationally but I'm hoping that their shipping is fast and hassle-free.But upon reading the posts on this thread, I'm hesitant to make an order. I guess I'll wait for more reviews for now.

Quote Originally Posted by rupertsilva10 View Post
    I checked the site recently and it really made me want to put an order. I appreciate that they ship internationally but I'm hoping that their shipping is fast and hassle-free.But upon reading the posts on this thread, I'm hesitant to make an order. I guess I'll wait for more reviews for now.
    My suggestion to you is to e-mail them with the exact items that you want to purchase. Make sure they have them in stock and that they confirm that they can send to Australia just to save you possible aggravation and frustration.

So has anyone in the US ever had a successful order with them yet?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Just checked yesterday again with their customer service and still no change in policy in shipping to the US unfortunately.