Code of Conduct

Default Upcoming new Lush fragrances

Hellstone: Inspired by an ancient burial mound known as the Hellstone. As described in lore written in 1803, the Devil himself flung this stone in place. The smell evokes unearthed roots and freshly turned earth and is accomplished using resinous, rooty and spicy smells like vetiver, cumin and beeswax.

Lord of Goathorn: Inspired by a small, uninhabited peninsula off the coast of Poole – and the fisherman who lived there and had his boats commandeered by smugglers who would then leave him bounty. The smell evokes the sea using seaweed, lime and basil.

Burning Rosemary: Simon visited Stonehenge on his 30th birthday and witnessed druids burning rosemary as the sun came up. This is the fragrance he created inspired by the smell of burning rosemary in the air. He used rosemary and cade oil to achieve this effect.

Furze: Simon liked the idea of creating an English equivalent of the French “fougere”; a new accord inspired by a native plant. The prickly furze bush smells a little like vanilla and coconut, so Simon created an accord from those two scents and made a beautifully addictive perfume. It was an instant hit at Lushfest!

Flower’s Barrow: Also known as Pines Hill, this Iron Age fort is said to have been taken over by the Romans and it’s said to be haunted. The fort is now sinking into the sea and nettles and brambles have taken over. Simon created a scent using sage, thyme, geranium and blackcurrant.

The Devil’s Nightcap: Based on one of the most mysterious megaliths in the town-place of Studland, this fragrance of oakmoss, clary sage and ylang ylang captures the magic of the stone that folklore says the Devil threw across the sea in an attempt to hit Corfe Castle.

The Voice of Reason: Inspired by the Beat Generation and literary figures like William Burroughs, Neal Cassady, Gil Scott Heron and Leonard Cohen. The scent feels like you’ve just walked past a bar where something exciting is happening and you get a waft of cigarette smoke, booze, perfume, books… the perfume includes notes of sandalwood and tonka bean. It may rival our famously moving Dear John in its ability to cause strong emotional reactions.

The Bug: Inspired by the paranoia of the modern age (and a track by the same name), this perfume was introduced by walking people through a dark corridor full of clips from cctv footage and glowing uv-lights. The perfume contains galbanum and black pepper.

Sun: An uplifting, fresh and beautiful perfume by Mark, inspired by his need of sunshine and good vibes during dark days. The Sun evokes Mark’s trips to USA during springtime and features orange, tangerine and sandalwood.

Euphoria: It is based on aromatherapy research and includes materials known to cause feelings of euphoria, such as clary sage, grapefruit, lime and neroli.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTqFkUoltGo

Default Re: Upcoming new Lush fragrances

Lord of Goathorn and The Voice of Reason sound interesting. Thanks for the info.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

I'm especially interested in Hellstone, Burning Rosemary and The Bug.

Sounds interesting.

for swap/sale:

Dependent

Thanks for the heads up, they sound promising!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    I like the idea of The Bug, think the concept sounds great, but I don't enjoy black pepper in fragrances. Still might be worth a sample though.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

All apart from the last three sound fantastic. I can't wait for these !

Thanks for the info.....Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    Same here...thanks for the tip, Nasenmann

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Thanks for the info.

They all sound worth trying!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Thanks for the heads up! Love Lush frags..they are outgoing..like me. I just hope these are being released here in Canada, or are these coming out in Great Britain only? Well I guess they can be ordered on-line, but I would like to smell them first.

It seems that it has not been decided yet which ones will be sold in their brick and mortar stores and which ones will be online only.

Such a very good news The Reason gets my attention.

Oh wow! These sound great. I'd love to take a sniff of Euphoria.

Really, _Lush?_ As in, the organic cosmetics store? These sound rather ornate for them. And, yes, quite interesting.

Any idea when these will be available in stores or online?

Your guess is as good as mine...

Shot in the dark! Thankfully I work around the corner from a Lush store, although it seems like their better fragrances are only available online. I'll keep a look out. Voice of Reason seems amazing.

I tried Voice of the reason. How I could define it? Well, it's like a piece of sandalwood soaked in whisky and dried then in abox with tonka bean and honeyed tobacco. Lovers of dark woody and unsweeted fragances will like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sillage is good, excellent longevity (15+ hours). After 10 hours fragance is a creamy sandalwood sexy skin-scent. It reminds me Malle's Musc Ravageur... nice! I bought a small bottle

any more reviews?

I liked a lot Voice of The Reason, very interesting and masculine scent

double post
    Last edited by Rodolfo; 24th January 2013 at 06:43 PM.

I would like to try Flower’s Barrow, The Devil’s Nightcap and Euphoria. I think the guys at Lush might need a slightly different name for Euphoria, just so they don't receive a Cease and Desist letter from CKs lawyers.

Unfortunately, Rapture, Elation and Joy are also taken already.

I just spent the day playing with the new LUSH fragrances (Disclaimer: I'm a LUSH employee, I work in a store that's getting them in a few months. I already have a few of their existing perfumes plus a couple of non-LUSH ones).
    Hellstone is probably the most interesting for me; out of the bottle/on the tester card the smell has a body odour element to it (although, oddly it doesn't bother me). On the skin the "BO"-ness of it mellows out. A few of us who put it on compared after a few minutes, and like most LUSH fragrances they seem to interact with people's skin very differently (supposedly this is due to the relatively large amount of essential oils compared to many modern fragrances)- on me it smelt warm, slightly spicy, just a little earthy and quite masculine. My colleagues (all female) had different results, on most of them the spicy element had a little less punch I think, and it was appropriately less masculine. I applied some to my wrist about 5 hours ago, I can still smell it from a few inches away, not sure how much it projects and for how long. It now smells slightly sweet and slightly smoky. I don't have a good enough Nose (or fragrance vocabulary) to really dissect the notes and how the scent evolves.

The other 2 that stood out for me were Sikkim Girls and Furze. And I'm still as big a fan of Karma and Dirty as I ever was (though Karma took a while to grow on me).

Yet more fragrances to sit on my shelf rarely used, because I end up smelling like my store after an hour at work, regardless of what I put on!

I have only tested The Bug and Hellstone so far. Hellstone smelled almost like pure cumin essential oil for quite a long time on me. That was a huge no-no! Although it mellowed and became a bit more interesting after well over an hour, I felt embarassed walking out of the shop smelling like this.

The Bug also smelled like a turn off (too screechy-raspy) at first but once it settled after about 20-30 minutes it actually smells divine. Quite the misnomer as it smells more like a mixture between a some fine incense sticks and a creamy soap bar rather then anything from a dystopia. I actually love it once the initial raspiness passed and the longevity is slightly better then average.

Nasenmann, I like your take on Hellstone and makes a lot of sense but, in my experience, after the initial blast of smoke and cumin, the fragrance settles down into a rough woody-smoky-vetiver which is not THAT distant from, say, Fumidus or Athunis. In the end, I quite liked it and got a small bottle.

The Bug, The Voice Of Reason and Devils Nightcap have all been big winners in my book.

treeman5823

So let me get this straight--the new Gorilla perfumes are being incorporated into the Lush line? Yes!

Yeah, all ten are already availabe in our local Lush store (I'm in Germany).

Thanks for the info.

Haha Furze BESTE!!! At least if you understand some German.

I recommend again Voice of the Reason, a very enjoyable boozy woody scent which hours then (and I mean, hours - this stuff is potent) ends like a creamy milky sandalwood skin scent. Very inspired!!

I don't know about other countries, but they're only in a few stores in Canada. Even they weren't going to have them yet, but someone finally realised that it's probably a good idea to release the new perfumes BEFORE valentines day...

Banned

i tried some of those i was expecting someone discovered America but not this time lol

i tested "girls side" of the collection, and just briefly...i threw my nose into it

they all share the same base..so all have this light shiny yellow, almost body cream base...something very neutral transparent...mild, yet creamy....and then each has some note that stands out..
    and from Sun, Sikkim Girls and Furze, Euphoria ....Sikkim Girls smells as the best composition...rounded, full, fleshy frangipani note...
    i thought i will like Furze , the most, becasue of that unusal new note, its some herbal note..but it somehow smelled to watery in the end while Sikkim gave nice whiffs, and had much better performance...but both are nice...Sun has beautiful orange top note..just too little staying power, and weakest concentration of all...more like cologne water
    Euphoria too, shares the same base , just more of green herabl notes..aromatic.....must test it bit better

they are all rather simple, not demanding, summertime frags, and easy to wear!! and likable but Sikkim stands out as beeing the most worth, although i thought i would like some other with more interesting/new notes like furze or Euphoria...but that base somehow just makes frangipani blossom shine

one note : all sandalwood notes in those perfumes are australian sandalwood ofcourse

Am i the only one that cant really test anything in store.

Spray on cards, leave and hope for the best.

Banned

Hehe forgot to say these are not spray bottles, and are utterly ugly:-) , glass with cheap cap on ,like small brandy:-) , omg very cheapish, what was the message there ?

I put it on my hand in store and leave it:-) , i find first impression of a scent to be good source of info later....so even if i miss it testing in a hurry i always go back to those first moments....

- - - Updated - - -

i thought i will maybe have different opinion to Alfarom, but after trying few more of the line i concluded:

The voice of reason and Devils nightcap to be the most interesting scents together with Sikkim Girls....first beeing great take on australian sandalwood, chnaging like a cameleon from masculine smoked ham smell into beautiful gentle, woody creamy sandalwood sweetened by tonka bean....very feminine , close to the skin dry down...
    the second Devils nightcap as something very new, using materials simmilar to oak moss...
    and The bug wich is a bit raw, like earthy spicy, natural smell of galbanum....and again here as well it smells like all the scents use the same very neutral base...

the whole line is so very wearable, and simple......and its nice that you can apply wherever you want...not spraying a perfume for me makes it more natural smelling becasue you can not overapply but the price tag...hm...would love to hear what others think...i think the price is too high, but maybe becasue i dont understand how much real oils cost and what concentration is beeing used there... or its only too high
    Last edited by iivanita; 6th March 2013 at 08:27 PM.

concentration is pure parfum for all of them with the exception os Sun and Euphoria

12 hours later and i can still smell dirty on me. Love this fragrance.

Im sure it helps you smell better. Got in my car and it was fresh smelling.

Any opinion about Hellstone? I hate cumin bouts sounds interesting...
    And the blackcurrante scent, is interesting?

Here are the Fragrance Brothers trying Lord of Goathorn:

http://youtu.be/pqaZGXadX1k

Interesting... Any one else tried it yet?

does any one know when it will be release?

and will it be release to all of their franchises worldwide?
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

From what I've been told by an SA at my local store, the new Gorilla fragrances were released to a limited amount of stores - I think the number was 12 - in the states - starting in Feb and the rest will get their stock this summer.

Any review/comment about Hellstone and Flowers Barrow? Sounds interesting but I didn't tried yet

Please any review or comment about those two?