Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Favorite Power Hitters?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yatagon - Caron

5 3.76%
  • Ormonde Jayne Pour Homme

1 0.75%
  • New York - Parfums de Nicolai

7 5.26%
  • Z-14 - Halston

3 2.26%
  • M7 - YSL

19 14.29%
  • Black Orchid - Tom Ford

10 7.52%
  • Piper Nigrum - Lorenzo Vilorresi

4 3.01%
  • Jaipur - Boucheron

14 10.53%
  • Black Aoud - Montale

39 29.32%
  • Other - Please Post

51 38.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Your strongest fragrance - projection & sillage?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    Bogart One Man Show Gold - thermonuclear!!!!
    Agreed!!!
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. The only fragrance I have that lasts literary more than 24 hours.

Blog Entries

I am fairly obsessed with buying frags that last all day on me...If I spend the money, I want to smell it 5+ hours. Most Montales and Most Bond no 9's fit the bill. NOT that they all smell good, most Bn9's smell awful, but I love New York Amber and I can smell it on my pillow the next day (24hrs longevity) Montale Black Aoud, Dark Aoud, Louban, and Cuir d'Arabie also last long and smell good.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

...the first that comes to my mind is... Havana

Joop Homme! .. by a long, looooong way. Even the after shave version blows away any EDT or EDP I've ever tried. And I've tried some of the big hitters mentioned on here such as Aventus, 1 million, Tobacco Vanille.. Joop Homme is an absolute monster. I actually quite like the smell but I'm too embarrassed to wear it in public because it is ruthlessly strong stuff.
    Last edited by Mikeylicious; 23rd February 2013 at 05:39 PM.
    Current favourites:

1. YSL- La nuit de l'homme
    2. JPG- Le Male
    3. YSL- Body Kouros
    4. Hermes- Terre d'hermes

Vintage Bijan for Men. This is easily the one in my wardrobe that requires the most controlled application. Any more than a couple sprays of this and people in other rooms will know you're there.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Voted for Jaipur, which I really adore, but Havana seems stronger- just not a huge fan of it...

Bijan(vintage) for men is the winner,and everyone here knows that,I think alot of people dont like scent of Bijan,
    vintage Bijan for men has powerfull sillage, long lasting projection quality,after 18 hours later its still projecting as 18 hours ago,I respect everyone opinions,but there is no fragrance in this thread which have long lasting projection quality

the vintage Bijan for men is a powerhouse fragrance

I tried alot of really powerfull fragrances and my goal was to find strongest one with all powerfull qualities, and I can recommend you with confidence that
    you can say "my vintage Bijan will punk any frag you have in your arsenal"
    Last edited by Hovo; 28th February 2013 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovo View Post
    Bijan(vintage) for men is the winner,and everyone here knows that,I think alot of people dont like scent of Bijan,
    vintage Bijan for men has powerfull sillage, long lasting projection quality,after 18 hours later its still projecting as 18 hours ago,I respect everyone opinions,but there is no fragrance in this thread which have long lasting projection quality

I tried alot of really powerfull fragrances and my goal was to find strongest one with all powerfull qualities, and I can recommend you with confidence that
    Wow! Even more than Poison or Amarige?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan D' Great View Post
    Wow! Even more than Poison or Amarige?
    I respect youre opinion
    since this thread opened in Male Fragrance Discussion,thats why I did not counted women fragrances
    those fragrances are for women,of course those are strong but in a womanly way,I think if any man wear Poison or Amarige he will become she, Poison & Amarige are women fragrances
    Last edited by Hovo; 5th March 2013 at 03:56 AM.

Basenotes Plus

I respect youre opinion
    since this thread opened in Male Fragrance Discussion,thats why I did not counted women fragrances
    those fragrances are for women,of course those are strong but in a womanly way,I think if any man wear Poison or Amarige he will become woman, Poison & Amarige are women fragrances
    So if I wear Amarige or Poison I will become a woman? Wow, thanks dude!! The things I learn on this knowledgeable forum amaze me.
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

Quote Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
    So if I wear Amarige or Poison I will become a woman? Wow, thanks dude!! The things I learn on this knowledgeable forum amaze me.
    I respect youre opinion too,but here becoming women have different meaning ,spray some Poison by Dior or Amarige by Givenchy and go to the party and you will understand the meaning of my words

Kouros, A*Men, and any perfume by Laurence Dumont (Vanilla Bourbon, et al.)

I respect youre opinion
    those fragrances are for women,of course those are strong but in a womanly way,I think if any man wear Poison or Amarige he will become woman, Poison & Amarige are women fragrances
    LOl, that has to be the most stupid opinion I've seen here. Just FYI, I wear those frequently I don't see any signs of becoming a woman or loosing my masculinity, WTF!?

What we have got here is a failure to communicate.

cool-hand-luke-martin.jpg
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Blog Entries

LOl, that has to be the most stupid opinion I've seen here. Just FYI, I wear those frequently I don't see any signs of becoming a woman or loosing my masculinity, WTF!?
    click the image...
    tumblr_m36b9lwNDk1rsdigyo1_1280.jpg

Bijan(vintage) for men is the winner,and everyone here knows that
    Thanks for telling me what I know rather than asking me. That's very not-rude of you, except for the part about it actually being quite rude. ONE spray of Black Afgano is all it takes to blow a hole in your theory, though I'd rather go with 2 sprays of Interlude Man. My god, that stuff is crazy strong and lasts 24 hours. And, in this case, I'm just talking about 2 sprays from a sample vial which might equal only one from an actual bottle. Still, I don't doubt Black Afgano is stronger.

I respect youre opinion
    You might want to do a search here. You'll find that a lot of men (including straight men, in case that's an issue for you) wear Poison. And they get some pretty excellent feedback from women.

Agreed! Talk about a facepalm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    LOL!!! Well played!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Yatagan and Kouros to me.

Voted Other; Vintage Kouros edt
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

treeman5823

I respect youre opinion
    Uh oh. Looks like someone needs to retake 2nd grade biology.

Gotta agree with those who said Portrait of a Lady

I think the one that other people notice the most from a distance is Terre d'Hermes, though.

sure. so why don't you wear a dress and tampons?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Thanks for telling me what I know rather than asking me. That's very not-rude of you, except for the part about it actually being quite rude. ONE spray of Black Afgano is all it takes to blow a hole in your theory, though I'd rather go with 2 sprays of Interlude Man. My god, that stuff is crazy strong and lasts 24 hours. And, in this case, I'm just talking about 2 sprays from a sample vial which might equal only one from an actual bottle. Still, I don't doubt Black Afgano is stronger.

You might want to do a search here. You'll find that a lot of men (including straight men, in case that's an issue for you) wear Poison. And they get some pretty excellent feedback from women.

Agreed! Talk about a facepalm.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL!!! Well played!

I will open thread Bijan(vintage) vs Interlude Man vs Black Afgano and we will see,how many people will vote,and which fragrance will be winner
    and
    For some reason, when a men wear something that is stereotypically feminine, that is seen as being weak. It's not right, but that's the way it is

Last edited by Hovo; 1st March 2013 at 05:30 AM.

Bijan(vintage) for men is the winner, and everyone here knows that
    ...I did not know this was a competition!...oh, and eh...it is a good rule here to talk for yourself and not for others! As said: the first one that comes to my mind is Havana...!

Basenotes Plus

I respect youre opinion
    It was opened in the men's forum but the poll included Black Orchid(marketed as a woman's fragrance), didn't it? Your comments are inappropriate for Basenotes or perhaps anywhere else.
    Last edited by stuigi; 1st March 2013 at 11:19 AM.

sure. so why don't you wear a dress and tampons?
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Wow.
    I know right, it's unbelievable that in this age people still think like that and then take their aggression in forums like this. Even more amazing that he doesn't get banned.

Vintage Giorgio For Men - One spray was enough for all day beastly projection.

I'm not sure if you ever smelled Black Afgano......but vintage Bijan is not stronger than that. And that's just one of the top of my head. Speaking in absolutes isn't the wiesest thing, unless you've tried every edition, of ever scent ever created. As far as fragrances for men and women go. My friend, I live in New York City. I only wear men's fragrances, but I have friends who are pretty highly esteemed in the business community (a few in the power set as well) and some of them wear scents commonly thought of as produced for females. It doesn't"make you any less of a man for doing so, it just means that people have different tastes than you do. And that's going to happen your entire life, so you better get used to it now.

Max.

Aventus for me has very strong sillage and projection. A bit too much actually...

I vote for two that others have mentioned: Van Cleef and Arpels PH and Tom Ford Amber Absolute. I'll offer another that I've had in my collection for quite a while and that only seems to get stronger as it ages: Aramis Gold.

Blog Entries

I know right, it's unbelievable that in this age people still think like that and then take their aggression in forums like this. Even more amazing that he doesn't get banned.
    I get "moderated" and my post deleted, and "points" for mentioning liberal politicians, but I guess being homophobic is "fine"

Quote Originally Posted by ivan d' great View Post
    i know right, it's unbelievable that in this age people still think like that and then take their aggression in forums like this. Even more amazing that he doesn't get banned.
    this.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 1st March 2013 at 08:25 PM.

Tobacco Vanille
    Opium EDP

Lapidus pour homme
    Salvador Dali pour homme
    Arrogance EDP
    Quorum
    Giorgio and Giorgio VIP
    Van Cleef & Arpels pour homme (vintage)
    Bel Ami (vintage)
    Baryshnikov

And the winner is ... Lord by Molyneux

I'm just joking . Don't take it too seriously

Hmmmm....please don't joke about someones sexual orientation.

People tend to reveal their true selves through humor.

tin can Rive Gauche

Why bother even replying to this guy(HOVO)? Ignorance should be isolated to be extinguished and letting him get under your skin only provokes more asinine comments from him. Besides, if he hasnt figured out some of the amazing scents marketed towards women that work well on men too, then that leaves more for us right? Not to mention Bijan has to be one of the most repulsive and dated frags I have ever smelled to date.

Bijan is a monster, but it isn't the most powerful powerhouse. Lapidus, OMS Gold, Bogart PH, Kouros, Enrico Sebastiano, and Giorgio are all stronger to me.

From a recent purchase: Prada Amber PH Intense.

Smells great, but you have to take it easy on the trigger. I spritzed on three sprays, and I had to slide down most of the windows in my car, in the middle of February in NY, on a parkway.

From what I hear, By Kilian Taste of Heaven is pretty potent as well; one well placed spray is all you need.

Costume National Homme.
    "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
    Or what's a heaven for?"

- Robert Browning, "Andrea del Sarto"

Carnal Flower and Portrait of a Lady are strong but Black Aoud wins it for me.

Giorgio of BH for man leaves all the rest to shame.
    Lapidus pH, One Man Show, Sung Homme come next.

NONE of them on your list!!!!!
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

Red Aoud - Montale

Platinum Egoiste or Aventus

Hello all, I'm a basenotes virgin. First post! From my collection I would have to pick DHI reformulated, followed closely by Bogart PH ,Eau de Baux, and Black Orchid.

Black Aoud

Nuclear, but I like this aspect of it. One of many fantastic attributes this fragrance possesses

Banned

Tobacco Vanille
    1 million

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Black Afgano followed by
    Pure Distance M
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles
    Mona di Orio Oud

Mont Blanc Legend is greattt in both departments and it is huge compliment getter as well.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

Winter Star - Michael Storer

Basenotes Member

In my collection without question, Rien

I've had several project like a beast sometimes but not others.

I think Aventus is my overall winner only because it's my most complimented which gives me some indication it's projecting fairly well.

It's interesting how much skin chemistry has to do with it because even VC&A's Midnight in Paris has nice projection and longevity for me.

Now my girlfriend's Midnight Poison never ceases to amaze me. Best fragrance purchase I ever made. It lingers in a room for an hour after she's sprayed it twice and I can always smell it after an 8-10 hr. work day. Funny because it's an edt, too.

From what I have tried so far:
    Projection - Kouros (ridiculous)
    Longevity - DHI

Leather oud by Dior
    New York oud by bond 9
    Coromandel by Chanel

Bond No 9 NY Amber

3 sprays of Aventus and i pissed off a few people, mostly women.

Interlude for me

Boucheron Pour Homme edp