Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Have you dared to calculate how much you have spent on your collection?

An estimated $7000-$8000.($1700 on Guerlain alone, about $800 on 10 bottles of DHI, $1000 on Creed) and bunch of others that I eventually got rid of. I went from owning approximately 80+ bottles(mostly niche) to 18 bottles currently. Not proud of how much I've wasted.

Default Re: Have you dared to calculate how much you have spent on your collection?

About $350.

not to sure (denial)... although don't have any other vices (at the moment), so happy with things.

It's cheaper than therapy...
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...
    Currently wearing: l'inferno by O'Driù

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Don't want to know the actual amount as I'd probably get sick - but it's definitely six figures.
    That's including the cents column, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    About $20,000 last year... Don't tell my wife! Goal it to try to keep it under $3,000 this year if possible. Only about a dozen fragrances I can think of that I still want at the moment - and many of those I just can't seem to get anyway. trying to set a limit of a few hundred bucks / month. And soon, hopefully, there won't be anything that I can get that I want.
    $20,000 last year?! Are you serious?!

It amazes me how big some of the collections some of the posters have. I have a decent job, and am by no means struck for cash, but I could never imagine spending the equivalent of £1,000 a month on fragrances.

We all have our vice, and you can obviously afford it so as to not need the money (especially if the wife is none the wiser). More power to you!

What do you do for a living, and can you teach me how to do it?!

I don't want to calculate my happiness
    my blog : bonnygonggrijp.blogspot.com

Lalique Pour Homme

I have never been good with math.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

I don't bother calculating. Its never occurred to me.

Do you calculate how much coffee you've drank in a certain period or how much pasta you've had?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't bother calculating. Its never occurred to me.

Do you calculate how much coffee you've drank in a certain period or how much pasta you've had?
    for swap/sale:

No...

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Under $10 at most... per ml. That's peanuts, right?

On scents I've spent approximately three quarters of what my wife just spent rennovating our kitchen.
    Regards,
    Renato

I tried to keep this passion under control so I think in the last 5 years since the 'microbe' sneaks under my daily pleasures, I've spend totally about one fifth of my annual income. Considering the fact I quitted smoking about 2 years ago, this compensate the money wasted on that other vice, not to mention I'm more happy and for sure more healthy.
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"...I don't want to miss that...

Current Top 15 Summer: | Tom Ford Grey Vetiver | Shiseido Basala |
    Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme | Chanel Bleu | Guerlain Homme Intense | Armani Emporio Lui | Cartier Pasha | Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee | D&G Light Blue PH | Givenchy PH Blue Label | C.Herrera 212 Men | T.Mugler Ice*Men | Bvlgari Aqva PH | Kiton Black | Bvlgari PH Soir |

Blog Entries

$0. I haven't spent a cent...
    I have about 25 bottles of frag. including a $600 Amouage Tribute, a $250 bottle of Mona de Orio Vetyver, $300 bottle of Amouage Opus VI, GIT, Aventus. I have spent about $4000 I ALWAYS buy the largest available bottle/Flaccon b/c It is cheaper per ml. Then I sell enough that I break even, and keep the rest. I sell 5ml or 10ml atomizers to people who want a frag but can't afford a whole bottle.
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 20th February 2013 at 01:48 PM.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Certainly not. So many vintage treasures that are unrepeatable that it's utterly priceless. I shall be guarding them with even more care now that frags are not going to be so easily obtainable. I will never get them again, now that's even more priceless!
    Currently wearing: Beautiful by Estée Lauder

Quote Originally Posted by Schilling View Post
    That's including the cents column, right?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I wouldn't keep track of how much I've used, but if the coffee and pasta cost $300.00 each, I would keep track of how much I was spending on them.

If I was a billionaire, I would still want to know where my money goes.

Not even close to my watch collection. My wife has a vast shoe collection..I'm entitled to have a fragrance collection

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I could probably buy a car with it. But I don't want a car.
    This!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    I told myself at Christmas ABSOLUTELY NO MORE PURCHASES OF FRAGS TILL SUMMER....Well, it's February and I've only managed to pick up 6...hmm, glad it's going so well....
    Good job!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Lucky you!

I don't even want to think about it.

Well it sort of depends on what you mean, specifically. A decent amount of my collection has been gifts, or has been amassed via gift money for my birthday and Christmas. I'll try and figure it out very vaguely:

From gifts: 3 Creeds, $140+$250. Memoir Man, $200. Sova, $100. Various designer frags, $150. Total: $690
    My own purchases: Aventus split, $60. Many many samples and decants, $230 roughly. Various designer frags, $50. Total: $340

Overall very rough total: $1030. I'm not entirely sure of course, and I am sure it may be a little higher than that, but generally speaking that's what I'll go with for now.

I have a family and being the bread-winner brings responsibility. I have an Excel sheet where I input all I buy, sell and I only buy new if I get extra money from overtime, selling something, getting extra money. Never spent from my family budget. This year I am getting in love with niche, so I am praying more
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Me too!!!
    Currently wearing: Homme de Grès by Grès

aprox $1500 usd