Code of Conduct

Default Avenus Purchase- a42b12e01

Just purchased a bottle of Aventus from fragrancenet, batch number a42b12e01. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this batch. Some of the online postings I have read said that this is one of the more balanced batches; however, out of the sprayer I get an extremely smoky/ashy vibe rather than fruity. Any thoughts on this batch?

Cheers,

Default Re: Avenus Purchase- a42b12e01

Sorry can't help. I had C42B12e01 not A42
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

All you have to do is a search for a42b12e01. I find it easier to click Advanced Search and do it there.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Quote Originally Posted by noseferatu View Post
    Just purchased a bottle of Aventus from fragrancenet, batch number a42b12e01.
    Congrats. Enjoy!

As long as you like it, enjoy bro!

In my experience, that batch is terrible, and simply for inflicting the world with this filth, we should wage war on Creed and all of its affiliates.

A42 and C42 are the SAME batches, just different bottles.

[QUOTE=noseferatu;2850538]Just purchased a bottle of Aventus from fragrancenet, batch number a42b12e01. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this batch. Some of the online postings I have read said that this is one of the more balanced batches; however, out of the sprayer I get an extremely smoky/ashy vibe rather than fruity. Any thoughts on this batch?

Cheers,[/QUOTE

I have two bottles of this batch. It's extremely balanced between pineapple and smoke. Longevity and sillage is very impressive as well. Have no fear your bottle is an excellent one.

See my signature. I have had 3 different batches from 2012 - all were the same - including the batch you mention.
    "All of my 2012 batches of Aventus smell EXACTLY the same...even the grey market one with an Arabic lot sticker on the bottom of the bottle." - BT260

I have E01, its a great batch and very strong, watch your sprays. I put 3 sprays and went to work and i choked a girl out with this scent, yet i couldnt smell anything.

do you know where i can shop it online?

Yes, I have been very happy with this batch. Much more Pineapple/projection/longevity than my carded sample.
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Not happy with this batch that I picked up from Fragrancenet. Received the version with black lettering on the "Creed" logo with arabic pamphlet inside.

Heavy on the smoke/ash with limited pineapple/blackcurrant.....smelling the dry down and I don't sense the balance....hints of fruit but just a lot of smoke.

I bought this recent bottle at Fragrancenet to act as a 'backup' bottle to my other 4oz Aventus bottle (half full now) and there's a big difference. Love my older bottle - luscious pineapple/blackcurrant, some smoke but limited and balanced. Lots of compliments.

So far this one is just...smoke/ash and after 90 mins the scent's projection has really dropped.

Who else has purchased Aventus recently from Fragrancenet?

Jose

Sorry OP but that is considered the worst batch of Aventus available.

Many say it is nicely balanced.
    Last edited by neal; 27th March 2013 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Sorry can't help. I had C42B12e01 not A42
    LOL, that's the exact same batch - only difference is 'A' bottles are the 120ml size; 'C' are the 75ml

- - - Updated - - -

Doh! Someone beat me to this

Does BN not have mods? This thread should be dumped into the Aventus batch variations thread. It's EXACTLY what that thread is for.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Does BN not have mods? This thread should be dumped into the Aventus batch variations thread. It's EXACTLY what that thread is for.
    Me wonders that sometimes.

More ridiculous every day.

Kudos to the Royal House of CREED for knowing how to inspire a matchless amount of confidence in the quality, trustworthiness and consistency of the Exclusive Royal Concoctions.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, forgot to mention, the "NOSEFERATU" moniker brilliant, seriously. Quite funny.

Cool Re: Avenus Purchase- a42b12e01

Quote Originally Posted by EndlesslySurprised View Post
    Kudos to the Royal House of CREED for knowing how to inspire a matchless amount of confidence in the quality, trustworthiness and consistency of the Exclusive Royal Concoctions.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, forgot to mention, the "NOSEFERATU" moniker brilliant, seriously. Quite funny.
    ive got that Batch & its as good as any ive had

Basenotes Plus

... and that is why I will not buy anything from Creed ever again. It's beyond ridiculous that they charge $300+ for a bottle yet they can't maintain quality control and batch consistency of a $30 department store fragrance (not to mention, quality of their bottles and bottle caps which are 95% of the time completely lose, etc - I have not seen such poorly designed packaging even in $5 discount bin at TJ Maxx). If you have to shop around for "Aventus" not by name but by batch numbers, that really is the epitome of something seriously, seriously wrong with the house of Creed. As a business owner myself, if I was running Creed I'd fire every single person in charge of quality control in that company. When you pay such high premium for what really is middle of the road fragrance, you expect to get a premium product, at least they could get their own formulas right and perhaps SAVE THEM somewhere rather than memorizing and guessing on every batch how much of what goes into the pot.

That's the good batch like mine so pineappley

CologneFan85

So hard to smell JO1 on myself, but to others it projects like a beast

Congratulations on your purchase.
    My advice, use it and enjoy it for
    what it is and dont access any
    aventus thread, the paranoia may
    prevent you from enjoying it.

E01 is a terrific batch, it may not be super pineappley like other batches but itdefinitely is smoothly balanced. Longevity and projection are excellent on my skin. People can smell it for many hours, but as with aventus..the wearer tunes it out pretty quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Johno View Post
    I have E01, its a great batch and very strong, watch your sprays. I put 3 sprays and went to work and i choked a girl out with this scent, yet i couldnt smell anything.
    Not surprised at all, it's the king of olfactory fatigue. Enjoy it bro..

Avenus is the BEST!

Balanced pineapple.