Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme, Boss Night, and Fahrenheit

Dior Homme: This is with the black column. The cocoa and iris and perhaps a little less pronounced than the vintage but I can't really tell a major difference. It is as smooth and good as ever! Love it and bought it!

Fahrenheit: The gasoline wasn't as strong as I remembered. The Acqua version smells closest to the vintage but when I buy this, I will get the original, not the flanker. It smelled wonderful. My only complaint is that I don't get as much of the honeysuckle as I remember, but overall its still a great fragrance. Its in my future!

Boss Night: Starts out so smooth and bright like Cool Water vintage. If it retained this level of aliveness, I would get it but I quickly melds down into a stringent, synthetic vibe. I own GIT so, there probably isn't a point anyways. Do you agree?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Default Re: Dior Homme, Boss Night, and Fahrenheit

Love and own the first two on your list.

I briefly smelled Le Male Terrible and from what I could tell, it was quite nice. Am I wrong? Any opinions on this one?

Three nice ones. Just got a bottle of Fahrenheit Aqua. Like this one cause it's good for the winter and safe for the summer.

I keep waffling on getting Fahrenheit. My wife hates it, so....

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I can see where she might not like Fahrenheit, with its oil tinge. However, F-aqua is absent of the oil tinge and is very smooth. The only thing that stops me from making a purchase is deciding which formulation I would like to get.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, they had several bottles of GPH II which smells good. I almost snagged one as I'm sure once that is gone, its gone.

I, too, have the top two, and I adore them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    That's a tough one. If I were dating someone who didn't like it, I wouldn't even try wearing it around her. There's nothing middle of the road about Fahrenheit.

Have you gotten her opinion on Aqua Fahrenheit? I just picked that one up and am looking forward to wearing it later this spring and summer.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I also have Aqua Fahrenheit on the way. Tried it in Atlanta months ago and loved it, had to finally order it since fragrancenet was running 21% coupon. I dont know why the Aqua version isn't getting much attention here on BN. I have regular Fahrenheit so I'm excited to do a side by side. Dior Homme, in a word is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Fahrenheit: The gasoline wasn't as strong as I remembered.
    Remembering how a scent as bold as Fahrenheit used to smell doesn't work, in my opinion, even if the formula hasn't changed. It's like remembering the taste of your first beer. I hated my first beer. I thought it was foul! And I hated my first Guinness even more. Now, I enjoy beer that's much darker than Guinness. I remember Guinness being so dark, but whenever I order it, which is only once every few years, I'm always surprised that it isn't as dark as I remember. Guinness hasn't changed. My palate has.

When I first smelled Fahrenheit, I was blown away by how strong the gasoline note was. I'd say the same of the rubber note in Bvlgari Black. Now, neither of those notes even surprises me. I enjoy them, and I'm used to them.

I think it's interesting how scents seem to change over time, even when they don't. I've only been wearing Fahrenheit for about 6 months, but my bottle seems so much more tame today than when I bought it. It isn't more tame though. I'm just used to it. Interestingly, L'Air du Desert Marocain has had the opposite effect for me. When I first bought it, I loved it but I thought it might be just a bit too feminine for me, but the longer I own it, the more masculine it smells. The smell hasn't changed, of course. I'm just getting used to it and noticing more and more of the complexities in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    I also have Aqua Fahrenheit on the way. Tried it in Atlanta months ago and loved it, had to finally order it since fragrancenet was running 21% coupon.
    Yup. Me too. And if you went through ebates, you actually ended up getting another 12% back on top of that. Man, I love a good sale!

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    I dont know why the Aqua version isn't getting much attention here on BN. I have regular Fahrenheit so I'm excited to do a side by side.
    Totally agree. 100%. I suppose the word Aqua is a turn off here, but Aqua Fahrenheit doesn't smell Aqua at all. I haven't worn it enough to have a good feel for the drydown, but the silage seems excellent.

Wait until the weather warms up, and then start a thread for that! I'll join in with a side by side comparison too.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Fahrenheit: The Acqua version smells closest to the vintage
    I think Aqua Fahrenheit doesn't smell like (vintage) Fahrenheit at all, not even close!

Dior Homme is magnificent. One of my favorites ever.

Quote Originally Posted by osoblanco View Post
    I think Aqua Fahrenheit doesn't smell like (vintage) Fahrenheit at all, not even close!
    Agreed. Aqua Fahrenheit is light and refreshing at first, moving into a rubbery vetiver, and then wimps out into a banal calone/aquatic note. Nothing to do with the complex, rich, and radiant sweetness of the vintage original.

Compared to the current Fahrenheit formulation, I still feel that Acqua is closer to the vintage, which I happen to have a bottle of from 1990. Agreed that it isn't identical, but of the two, it is closer in several aspects. So, which of the two Fahrenheit offerings do you all prefer; current formulation or Acqua?

Of these three, Dior Homme is the only one leaving me less impressed (preferring far more the Intense and Sport flankers), but for the other two I can only agree.

Compared to the current Fahrenheit formulation, I still feel that Acqua is closer to the vintage, which I happen to have a bottle of from 1990. Agreed that it isn't identical, but of the two, it is closer in several aspects. So, which of the two Fahrenheit offerings do you all prefer; current formulation or Acqua?
    I agree that the current formulation of Fahrenheit (2012 onward) is a bit "watered down," not as rich and radiant, but it's still awfully good, and I certainly prefer it to Aqua Fahrenheit. I wish the latter had a bit more strength and didn't develop into a rather hackneyed aquatic aromachemical (same one used in overdose in Bond No. 9 Wall Street. I assume that's calone?).

Think I'm preferring the precursor to Acqua even though the oily resin is a bit more than I'd like. I also don't get the honeysuckle as much which made it radiant.

I briefly smelled Le Male Terrible and from what I could tell, it was quite nice. Am I wrong? Any opinions on this one?
    I actually really liked this one too. It does smell good, I actually like it much better than the original. It almost smelled to me like more lavender and less vanilla, not sure...going to have to sniff again.