Code of Conduct

Default PPPP = prohibited perfume parcel post - operated by and for perfumistas

A slightly tongue in cheek thread but actually totally serious.

Any suggestions welcome if all this postage thing really snarls us up big time later.

My thoughts so far were two ways.
    1) Regarding UK volunteers initially. A series of established drop off points in major cities depending where we all are. We pass the parcels up and down a numbered chain and the recipients have to go and fetch them. Relies on honesty and accessibility. Depends who wants to send what, and to whom.

2) A crowd sourced PPPP van which belongs to all of us and it travels all over the UK just delivering things to central locations and possibly further out if practical, even abroad. Postage costs to be arranged to cover someones weekly wages, a sat nag and the fuel. Could work but wouldn't initially be fast. Could improve if it became popular.
    Last edited by mumsy; 20th February 2013 at 11:46 AM.

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PPPP = prohibited perfume parcel post - operated by and for perfumistas

Default Re: PPPP = prohibited perfume parcel post - operated by and for perfumistas

I've written to them and a few others too. We will have some exciting responses in a while. We cannot sit still and allow this to happen. I resent being told what I can and cannot do....

Where there is a will there is a way.... legally.

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

God bless you Ma'am!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    I've written to them and a few others too. We will have some exciting responses in a while. We cannot sit still and allow this to happen. I resent being told what I can and cannot do....

Where there is a will there is a way.... legally.
    Well they both look promising. Let's hope we can save the industry that we care about most, by ourselves. No one else is going to come and help!!

The Ultimate Smell
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to be a party popper but isn't the restriction on International mail only?

Also the cost of running a van and a man with current cost of fuel isn't going to be cheap, you would need 50-100 parcels a day to break even.

I can provide a better summary of the costs but I don't think local mail has any problem anyway?

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

It's currently illegal for non-contract customers to post scent within the U.K., although that may alter in July.
    Please refer to various other threads - a couple in Male Fragrance.
    Last edited by lpp; 21st February 2013 at 08:52 AM.

It is a global ban as it stands for common mankind as far as I can fathom until these bods make up their minds in July. They need enough doo doo to hit their fan before then. So send your objections please all UK perfumistas. It isn't just us.. what about paint deliveries, craft suppliers, buildings suppliers... anyone who has currently been encouraged or forced to use the internet as a trading point instead of expensive shops and rent. These are all banned too from sending any flammable liquids.

Bad luck on that company. Polite response straight back and they cannot help yet. They are not ready to be so global.

I will deliver to France on a damn bicycle if I had to.... I am so against unjustice.... this has been sprung without warning and it has ruined many long laid plans for the future. What is the point in anyone training to be a good perfumer if we cannot send our samples anywhere? No-one can even send exam pieces in for evaluation. The investment in a proper perfumery course has all been for nothing so far as it stands now....

Quelle misere!

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    It is a global ban as it stands for common mankind as far as I can fathom until these bods make up their minds in July. They need enough doo doo to hit their fan before then. So send your objections please all UK perfumistas. It isn't just us.. what about paint deliveries, craft suppliers, buildings suppliers... anyone who has currently been encouraged or forced to use the internet as a trading point instead of expensive shops and rent. These are all banned too from sending any flammable liquids.

Bad luck on that company. Polite response straight back and they cannot help yet. They are not ready to be so global.

I will deliver to France on a damn bicycle if I had to.... I am so against injustice.... this has been sprung without warning and it has ruined many long laid plans for the future. What is the point in anyone training to be a good perfumer if we cannot send our samples anywhere? No-one can even send exam pieces in for evaluation. The investment in a proper perfumery course has all been for nothing so far as it stands now....

Quelle misere!
    Mumsy - Too early to lose hope - I'm sure a corporate pig will soon bring up a "safe" idea on shipping hazardous stuff to mint $$$ for himself & the scavengers (politicians from all the countries) will soon join in on that...

Good luck on your perfumery course, may u create a legend soon & remember the humble BN'ers...

Thank you. I haven't lost hope. It has made me more determined than ever...
    I have written to so many now that my virtual pen is smoking.... you are right, it surely cannot stay like this for ever....

I hope not, we want more fledgling perfumers in this world, not less!

Post Thanks / Like

I received a bottle of perfume from Cheapsmells today. I am in Belfast they are in Guernsey.

On the address label is a part for Customs Declaration, which gives VAT etc. Also it says Description: Beauty Products.

Then:

I certify that this item does not contain any dangerous article prohibited by postal regulations.

Customs: May be opened officially.

I have never ordered from Cheapsmells before so no idea if this has always been on the label.
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that's unusual for CheapSmells, Donna. I have had that wording on parcels from them in the past. In fact I think that's the standard "customs declaration" form that is used across the UK/world.

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

New R.M. terms for smaller volume business sellers/prices
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/327...49#post2866549