Code of Conduct

Default Cupressus nootkatensis (Nootka tree) oil

Hi, does anyone happen to know where I can get some of this oil for testing? It's also sometimes called Alaska cypress or Yellow cedar. I know that White Lotus Aromatics sell it but their minimum order is $100. Northwest Aromatics also sell it but their minimum order is $70. I'd only be happy to order that much if I had tried a sample first. If you don't know where I could buy a small amount but happen to have some spare, I'd be happy to buy or exchange it for oils that I have. I won't hold my breath as it seems to be quite an uncommon oil. Cheers.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Cupressus nootkatensis (Nootka tree) oil

Here's what I might suggest:

Northwest Aromatics has a sample program for perfumers.
    They will send you out a sample of all of their current production oils to try out.

Here's the link:
    http://nwaromatics.com/nwaproducts/specialoffer.htm

It will still cost you $60 or $70 depending on where you live, but you'll get to try their products.

PS: It smells like a quieter cedar wood oil, the kind that pencils smell like.
    Last edited by pkiler; 20th February 2013 at 04:42 PM.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Hi pkiler, that was the $70 minimum that I was referring to. I asked them if they could sell me just the Nootka oil and they said that they could but that I would still have to buy five bottles. It's beyond my budget for now because I have several other oils to test. I only need a few drops for testing really. Perhaps I could ask White Lotus Aromatics if they could overlook their $100 minimum for a small surcharge.

Do you happen to have tried it yourself? If so, could you possibly tell me which cedar oil it is most similar to? I think that there are a few pencil cedars, like Juniperus virginiana, Calocedrus decurrens, Juniperus Bermudiana etc. With it being a cypress, perhaps I could substitute with a more commonly used cypress. Thanks.
    Last edited by Pears; 20th February 2013 at 07:26 PM.

Basenotes Plus

What country are you in? If in the USA, I could send you a vial to smell...
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Thankyou pkiler, that is a very kind offer. I'm not in the US but I'd be happy to pay for the shipping, if you have a paypal account. I'll send you a PM.