Code of Conduct

Default Safe to buy Amouage Memoir Man?

Hey all. I've been waiting to buy a full bottle of Memoir Man, mostly because the price makes it a pretty "aspirational" purchase for me. But I may finally be ready. However, recently I've seen a few folks here mention that Amouage has been watering down their fragrances of late. That would be a shame; seems their robustness is one of the main qualities that justify the high price tag. So, given that, has anyone had experience with recent bottles of Memoir Man? Has it actually been "watered down"?

Default Re: Safe to buy Amouage Memoir Man?

Haven't heard anything about Amouage's creedification apart from some of their attars.

Try before you buy. Purchase a sample from Lucky Scent.

From my experience some NOT all of the Amouages have good longevity. If Memoir does not work out for you then you should DEFINITELY check out Interlude. The current formulation goes on forever.

I agree for the Amouage price that Sh^%T better last for days.

Try before you buy. Purchase a sample from Lucky Scent.

From my experience some NOT all of the Amouages have good longevity. If Memoir does not work out for you then you should DEFINITELY check out Interlude. The current formulation goes on forever.

I agree for the Amouage price that Sh^%T better last for days.

NO! This one is not a safe blind buy at all. It's excellent, but it's unique and, in my opinion, can be difficult to wear. I loved it the first time I wore it, but by the 3rd time, I strongly disliked it. I've never read anything about Amouage watering down their stuff at all. Interlude Man lasts 24 hours on me. Not kidding! Wow. Memoir lasts ages as well, especially on clothes.

Interlude thrills me. Epic is excellent too. Memoir fascinated me with its complexity, but after a while, I couldn't wear it anymore.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I should have clarified: I'm not buying Memoir Man blind. I've sampled it several times already and really like it. My concern is whether it's since been "watered down" as some have claimed is happening with Amouage fragrances.

Hope not. Was planning on getting a bottle sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    I should have clarified: I'm not buying Memoir Man blind. I've sampled it several times already and really like it. My concern is whether it's since been "watered down" as some have claimed is happening with Amouage fragrances.
    Memoir had a fairly decent strength from my LuckyScent sample(2 weeks ago). I didn't notice that it was too overpowering though. Interlude on the other hand had noticeable sillage and longevity. It made me do a double take.

I still say if you like Memoir but have not tried interlude then wait to try interlude before you purchase. You will get a HEAVY heavy juice that smells similar to Memoir but with different variables.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Memoir had a fairly decent strength from my LuckyScent sample(2 weeks ago). I didn't notice that it was too overpowering though. Interlude on the other hand had noticeable sillage and longevity. It made me do a double take.

I still say if you like Memoir but have not tried interlude then wait to try interlude before you purchase. You will get a HEAVY heavy juice that smells similar to Memoir but with different variables.
    IMHO Interlude and Memoir are as different as night and day.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Oops! My mistake! In that case... yeah! Memoir Man is, in my opinion, totally safe to buy. I tested it out and got really excellent longevity. I sprayed my chest and back. I don't remember how many sprays, but honestly, it could have been as few as a total of 2 and absolutely was no more that 4. And I'm talking about sprays from a 2ml sample vial sprayer, not an actual bottle, so, not much juice per spray. Even still, it lasted a long time on my skin and an eternity on my t-shirt as well as on the button down I wore over my t-shirt. The button down never directly touched the skin I'd sprayed, so that really says something about how this stuff sticks around.

The only reservation I'd have before recommending Memoir Man is that you need to smell Epic and Interlude before pulling the trigger, just to make sure you're starting with your favorite Amouage.

If you're nervous at all about the purchase, you should consider doing what I did. Buy 2ml samples from Parfums Raffy. That'll give you plenty of time to really give it - and others - a thorough test drive.

Those bottles are works of art. They're simple, but awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    IMHO Interlude and Memoir are as different as night and day.
    Totally agree,
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Memoir (and Interlude) are very recent, so I doubt that they've been changed yet, or indeed, that there's more than one batch around. So I would not worry about watering down for now (but perhaps a couple of years down the road, who knows). Also, it was composed after IFRAs restrictions, so it likely doesn't contain anything that needs reformulation.

The ones that have been watered down are the older ones (eg Gold woman, Homage, Lyric woman, Ubar, etc.), many of which contained ingredients restricted by IFRA.

cacio

IMO No.

I pretty much agree with what Cacio said. One of my faovirte Amouage among their "regular" range...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Banned

Yes the safest way to go with Amouage nowdays is to buy new releases if you like them, i agree with Cacio too....many of their best creations have been brutaly changed, and watered down, to almost not beeing the same thing anymore, i tried new batches from this year...can only say that Memoire fro woman and Interlude are their strongest scents now days....where extraits turned into EDPs

Thank you so much for the responses, guys. I've tried Epic Man, and enjoy it, though it's a bit overwhelming. I'll give Interlude Man a spin (also looking forward to Beloved Man), but a bottle of Memoir Man may well be in my near future. That creamy absinthe mixed with brooding incense and woods is just so... me.

Thank you so much for the responses, guys. I've tried Epic Man, and enjoy it, though it's a bit overwhelming. I'll give Interlude Man a spin (also looking forward to Beloved Man), but a bottle of Memoir Man may well be in my near future. That creamy absinthe mixed with brooding incense and woods is just so... me.
    It's an amazing frag.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Agree what Cacio said and MM is one of my fav from their mainstream line - love it

As always, sample before you buy
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...