Code of Conduct

Default Am I getting a good deal on Creed Aventus

Its been hard finding a bottle of Creed Aventus but I managed to track a 120ml bottle down for $274 NZD which is around 229.01 USD my question is.. Am I getting a good deal? I'm not sure what a good price for a 120ml is

Default Re: Am I getting a good deal on Creed Aventus

That's about as good as you will find. Pull the trigger and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    That's about as good as you will find. Pull the trigger and enjoy.

This is going to be the most expensive blind buy ever haha

You are, provided it's being sold by a reputable dealer.

I'm always sceptical of buying stuff from Fragrancenet, so haven't yet, but they've got it for around that (less whatever discount you get).

You may want to purchase a decant or get in on a split first.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post

I'm always sceptical of buying stuff from Fragrancenet, so haven't yet, but they've got it for around that (less whatever discount you get).
    I emailed the guy saying the batch number is A42B11Y01. Just waiting on him to tell me what the Lot No on the box is so I know if its a genuine or not

Edit - UPC code is UPC:3508441106420 Is this genuine?

It's cheaper than retail but there are better deals.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    It's cheaper than retail but there are better deals.
    This, Aventus pops up on the marketplace frequently and I'm pretty sure always cheaper. Not sure what batches though, but there is other threads for that topic.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post

I just got a 2012 batch for $200 after discounts. Came in 5 days perfect.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtruck260 View Post
    I just got a 2012 batch for $200 after discounts. Came in 5 days perfect.
    I live in New Zealand I wish we had more stuff like the US. Only found 2 stores in NZ that sell Creed Aventus. I did not want to risk buying online as cosmetic fragrances are confiscated at customs

I think BeautyEncounter has it for $190.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

I don't know about New Zealand, but in the US, if somebody waits for a sale at Fragrancenet and does ebates too, a 4 oz of Aventus can be had for around $175 shipped. I helped somebody buy it for that about 2 weeks ago. Honestly though, I think you're better off getting in on a decant. ESPECIALLY for a blind buy.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PecChef View Post
    This is going to be the most expensive blind buy ever haha
    You haven't sampled it?????

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I don't know about New Zealand, but in the US, if somebody waits for a sale at Fragrancenet and does ebates too, a 4 oz of Aventus can be had for around $175 shipped. I helped somebody buy it for that about 2 weeks ago. Honestly though, I think you're better off getting in on a decant. ESPECIALLY for a blind buy.
    hard to find someone thats selling splits in New Zealand. I'm not risking paying for it and end up getting confiscated at customs :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dernier_Cri View Post
    You haven't sampled it?????
    I've always used kinda the fruity / citrus scents. Do you think its a good blind buy? or a risk

I think you will definitely like it, but whether or not you feel it's worth $230 is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I think you will definitely like it, but whether or not you feel it's worth $230 is another question.
    Its crazy that i'm spending this much but i'll YOLO it and might end up buying it.
    Aventus Creed would probably be the only everyday scent I wear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Its crazy that i'm spending this much but i'll YOLO it and might end up buying it.
    Aventus Creed would probably be the only everyday scent I wear

Basenotes Plus

I've always used kinda the fruity / citrus scents. Do you think its a good blind buy? or a risk
    Well let me put it this way: my feeling about Aventus aside, I think any blind buy is a bad buy if you end up not liking the fragrance or even if you feel luke warm about it. If that happened to me I'd be kicking myself especially when it's so easy to get a sample for a few bucks and decide whether you like it at your leisure. I test stuff multiple times and in different situations before I decide to buy anything. Sometimes you know right away something is for you, other times it comes to you later. The impulsive crowd likes the excitement of the blind buy. I'm too frugal. I like to spend my fragrance money on stuff I really like.
    As for Aventus I think it's a decent fragrance. I'm not in the Aventus cult to be sure. Pineapple in general as a prominent note? Uh not me. Something I'd never wear.
    If it's not easy for you to test then you're stuck making a decision.

Well let me put it this way: my feeling about Aventus aside, I think any blind buy is a bad buy if you end up not liking the fragrance or even if you feel luke warm about it. If that happened to me I'd be kicking myself especially when it's so easy to get a sample for a few bucks and decide whether you like it at your leisure. I test stuff multiple times and in different situations before I decide to buy anything. Sometimes you know right away something is for you, other times it comes to you later. The impulsive crowd likes the excitement of the blind buy. I'm too frugal. I like to spend my fragrance money on stuff I really like.
    As for Aventus I think it's a decent fragrance. I'm not in the Aventus cult to be sure. Pineapple in general as a prominent note? Uh not me. Something I'd never wear.
    If it's not easy for you to test then you're stuck making a decision.
    Thanks for your input. I'm rethinking it through now. I tried to get a sample of Aventus Creed but the guy I was gonna buy from offered me $45 for a vial sample... that's 37USD for a sample

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for your input. I'm rethinking it through now. I tried to get a sample of Aventus Creed but the guy I was gonna buy from offered me $45 for a vial sample... that's 37USD for a sample
    No don't pay that kind of dough. Keep trying. You may very well end up loving it. A lot of guys and girls do.

Found it for $183 sold by Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Creed-Aventus-...=creed+aventus

It's also in the "other" sellers link by FragranceNet for $179

Does anyone know what year OR batch #'s that FragranceNet is shipping out?
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

I'll be expecting the "Is my Aventus a fake?" thread in a few weeks...

Agree with those who say just get it and enjoy.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    And by the way.........when is the best season to wear an Aventus fake? And how many sprays?

I moved to NZ from the US. I can definitely attest to the fact that it is difficult and expensive to get niche fragrances here. By the time you pay the exchange rate and overseas shipping it's much spendier that the US. I have have had fragrances confiscated twice in 1 year with absolutely no recourse. It pays to order from a retailer that you know will successfully ship to you in NZ. I've had good luck with Luckyscent, but they are very expensive for the reasons cited above. I've used Strawberrynet and Fragrancenet as well. Fragrancenet can take up to a month to deliver here though. I just found an Australian online retailer with a fairly good selection of designer and niche fragrances, www.cosmeticsnow.co.nz. They have pretty good prices and shipping to NZ is only $10NZ. I've just ordered from them for the first time, so fingers still crossed. If you are near to Auckland, I would suggest going to World Beauty in Auckland, test Aventus there, and if you like it, buy it from the best online source you can find. Normally, i would always encourage buying local, but World Beauty's prices are so ridiculously inflated that i would never consider buying anything in that store.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post

Lol.. doubt it did my research already. Checked the Lot no off and its genuine

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way.........when is the best season to wear an Aventus fake? And how many sprays?
    Haha I know its a versatile all year round fragrance and I always go with 2 sprays and add another spray the next day if I think it wasn't enough

- - - Updated - - -

Alright. I said YOLO and bought it online.. Just gotta wait 9-10 days now for it to arrive.. Will post updates on what I think of it when it arrives

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone tell me if the batch number A42B11Y01 is a good one?

Aventus was a blind buy for me and my best blind buy ever.

All of my blind buys have been good....

Pure Havane
    Pure Malt
    Al-Rehab Silver
    Cuba Gold
    Dior Homme Intense
    Michael Jordan Legend

Basenotes Plus

It's always a good deal if you enjoy it. If you don't like it, even a $10 price tag makes a lousy deal.

Btw am I alone in noticing the average Creed buyer seems rather more price sensitive than buyers of other niche fragrances...?

Some of my greatest discoveries have been blind buys. There is definitely a cost-benefit formula to weigh when doing so. Obviously $230 is a big price to pay if you don't like the fragrance (which probably won't happen) or if you are not too excited about it. I think that blind buying is part of the exploration of different fragrances. Some people are not in a position to smell everything, and if something is getting good reviews, blind buying may be one's only chance of getting one's nose on it. I blind bought Creed's Virgin Island water just a few weeks ago based on the fact that the reviews were excellent I was looking for a coconut fragrance. Got it in the mail, and what do you know...fell in love with it instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    This question is for anybody who knows but,

Why is it often recommended to buy a Decant over the bottle itself?

Quote Originally Posted by mystickid View Post
    This question is for anybody who knows but,

Why is it often recommended to buy a Decant over the bottle itself?
    The price per ounce of a fragrance goes up as you buy a smaller (actual) bottle. If you get a decant, it's usually from a larger bottle that costs less per ounce of juice ("bulk" pricing, of sorts). So you get a small amount of fragrance for the "bulk" price per ounce.

Hope OP end up liking it...

If this was me I'll just do a sample haul, get a ~$100 worth of samples. See what I like then buy 1 bottle of those things...
    My current top 10 fragrances :
    1. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    2. A Lab on Fire Almost Transparent Blue
    3. YSL L'Homme Libre
    4. Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Desert Marocain
    5. Rania J. Ambre Loup
    6. Atelier Cologne Cedrat Enivrant
    7. Parfum MDCI Ambre Topkapi
    8. Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser
    9. Heeley Sel Marin
    10. by Kilian Back to Black