Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Wild Lavender by Lorenzo Villoresi

Wearing this today for the first time from a sample.

Peppery lavender, with a nice medicinal (apparently medicinal = wild) lavender note that smells extremely natural and has average longevity and low sillage. I could easily see owning a bottle of this, being the lavender fan that I am, but I also could understand how this might bore some who're looking for a lavender that's a bit more exciting.

I never hear this talked about on BN, in fact I don't see one thread about it on the Men's Board so that's why I started one.

Comments?
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Default Re: Wild Lavender by Lorenzo Villoresi

Thanks for the info. Enjoy!

Mike, how would you compare it to Lavender Palm and which is your preference? Thanks!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Why So Serious?

I can only detect the lavender in Wild Lavender for the first hour or so. Then it becomes very herbal, little spicy and very dry. It has a very strong herbal quality to it which is Villoresi's signature, i think the pepper and cloves really dominate througout the fragrance, but it just doesn't project or last as long as i'd like. If Lavender palm is too sweet for you then you might consider this because this is not sweet at all, just a very herbal almost soapy lavender fragrance. I was actually quite disappointed because his Piper Nigrum is such a masterpiece.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Last edited by Scentologist; 22nd February 2013 at 04:29 AM.

Basenotes Institution

I have to compare this to the TF. I personally was underwhelmed by LP. I wore the Villoresi yesterday underneath my office clothes & a blazer so I honestly cannot say how it evolved. But I will test again soon & post my comments.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I thought that the opening was one of the loveliest Lavenders that I had ever smelled. The Lavender did fall away in time though and I found the development less interesting. That might not be the case for the guys, or for LV fans.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I never hear this talked about on BN, in fact I don't see one thread about it on the Men's Board so that's why I started one.
    I've also noticed that WL gets talked about very little around here - especially for a LV. It's almost completely ignored, and I can't figure out why. I entered WL in my "favorite lavender poll" about six weeks ago, and it received one vote with almost 140 people voting for different lavender frags. In an LV-specific poll I did last summer, it got zero votes out of more than 50. It's clearly leading an incredibly quiet and unassuming life here, despite the fact that it gets good reviews (12 positive to 1 negative)... it's a bit of a mystery to me, too, why this one has fallen so far below the "forum radar"...

As a fellow lavender fan, I'm happy you posted this thread. I tested WL a while ago and remember a very prominent and beautiful lavender opening. I know that its original name was Inglese and it did come off, to my nose, as quite fougère-ish with a bit of that English barbershop feel, although of course heavily intermingled with the Villoresi house blend of bitter aromatic herbs. I liked it - don't know if I'll be getting an FB, though. I just might at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by Dane77 View Post
    I've also noticed that WL gets talked about very little around here - especially for a LV. It's almost completely ignored, and I can't figure out why.
    My guess is that people must have stronger feelings of other lavender scents coming from other fragrance houses.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    My guess is that people must have stronger feelings of other lavender scents coming from other fragrance houses.
    Well, yes, obviously... what I'm wondering is, why so incredibly few feelings for WL?

Basenotes Institution

I'm assuming its complete lack of sweetness and/or fresh notes makes it unappealing to many.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I checked LafcoNY and they don't stock it. Who does?

I find it to be a nice scent, though on me the spices eventually dominate, at the expense of the lavender. I find it a cousin of Piper Nigrum, with a lavender beginning. I'd dial back on the spices if I was LV, on this one.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I can't imagine a lavender so spicy. Sounds like something akin to Encens et Lavende, which is lavender and incense. Instead of a spice lavender, I'm looking for a natural, realistic note thats fresh from the sauna. A yoga place I visited kept wet towels in a fridge soaked with lavender essential oil to cool down with. It was refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    ... Instead of a spice lavender, I'm looking for a natural, realistic note thats fresh from the sauna. A yoga place I visited kept wet towels in a fridge soaked with lavender essential oil to cool down with. It was refreshing.
    I always find the original Lavender Water by Crabtree & Evelyn, or Geo. F. Trumper's Lavender, to deliver good natural lavender notes. Dry, simple, satisfying.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Basenotes Institution

Good question, I also didn't see it at LAFCO when I was in NY last time. Most likely it's easier to find in Europe. (sigh)

...I'm looking for a natural, realistic note thats fresh from the sauna. A yoga place I visited kept wet towels in a fridge soaked with lavender essential oil to cool down with. It was refreshing.
    I agree with Ody, try the Casswell & Massey (I stumbled upon a vintage bottle online also) or Les Plus Belles Lavandes by Caron (a bit hard to find, I know).

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I find it to be a nice scent, though on me the spices eventually dominate, at the expense of the lavender. I find it a cousin of Piper Nigrum, with a lavender beginning. I'd dial back on the spices if I was LV, on this one.
    I see you're not the only one who's mentioned Piper Nigrum, a scent that I like, but don't love. I always found it derivative and a bit boring and that it lacked something that my other pepper go-to scents had (Poivre 23, Hermessence Poivre Samarcande and Scent Two: Laurel by Monocle x CdG).

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

The Perfume Shoppe is the only place in North America that I'm aware of as having it.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks Tonyprince

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Dependent

The Santa Maria Novella store here in LA sells some of the LV line. I imagine lack of extensive distribution is why the fragrances don't get much attention.

I was very interested in this a year ago.

The opening and first 30 minutes offered the most realistic and natural lavender I've smelled. Raw and robust.
    But then it goes away and the Villoresi'ade comes into play.

Lavender Palm is definitely much more reserved and toned down compared to Wild Lavender.

for swap/sale: