Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Fragrance: Acqua di Parma - Colonia Intensa Oud Eau de Cologne Concentrée

The Oud quest continues and I've got to be honest I didn't see this one coming! (or the longest name for a fragrance ever conceived)

An exclusive and elegant fragrance born from the authentic union of the vibrant and enveloping notes of Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa with Oud oil, an extremely rare oil extracted from agarwood, a precious resin of the aquilaria tree.

Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée opens with a citrus aroma before revealing its extraordinary personality of a heart full of precious ingredients such as agarwood, Russian coriander and Haitian amyris wood. This structured blend evolves into musk and leather. A new interpretation is born - Eau de Cologne Concentrée.

Its now available from Harrods in a 100ml bottle and currently retails for twice the price of the usual Intensa.

•Top notes: citrus
    •Middle notes: agarwood, Russian coriander and Haitian amyris wood
    •Base notes: musk and leather

Last edited by Kron; 1st July 2012 at 11:38 AM.

Default Re: New Fragrance: Acqua di Parma - Colonia Intensa Oud Eau de Cologne Concentrée

Yes, yes !

Default Re: New Fragrance: Acqua di Parma - Colonia Intensa Oud Eau de Cologne Concentrée

I forgot to mention its currently an exclusive to Harrods.
    Last edited by Kron; 30th June 2012 at 05:59 PM.

Banned

Hahaha, sounds like the people at AdP read some basenotes threads about fictional and hilarious fragrance names. Really, this oud-brought-into-line is so ridiculous.

Thanks for the info.

Interesting that Acqua Di Parma have jumped on the Oud bandwagon as they make excellent high quality fragrances.

This will be interesting.

One way or the other.

Interesting! Digging the box and the bottle, thanks for sharing.

Banned

Does seem to hold promise, thanks for the heads up.

huh...

Wow. Never expected this. Will be interested to see their take on oud, and heavier scents in general.

Acqau di Parma since 1906 is the Italy´s Anthem....
    They used to make very good fragances.
    Acqua di Parma Colonia and Essenza were the best IMHO so far .
    Now, Louis Vuitton Moet Henessy took over the original Co.
    Dear friends wait for :
    " Acqua di Parma Extrait of Pure Amber " or anything similar....( sic and joke ).
    Money ....Money...Money.......!!!!!

Sound Scents

Love the line, but this one seems like a bit too much... certainly too many words in the name for starters...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

First basenoter to sniff - please report details. Sounds highly intriguing.

So Kron....when is the split announced.....??

£130? Better be good. I'll try and pop down to Harrods tomorrow and see whether it's public yet.

I'm so "yawn" of the Oud trend.
    Last edited by neal; 1st July 2012 at 01:51 AM.

you have to be kidding...

- - - Updated - - -

you have to be kidding...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Can anyone explain what an "eau de cologne concentrée" actually is?? Isn't it just an EdT? Or is it an EdP dressed up so male customers wont be terrified by the dreaded word "Parfum"?
    Last edited by Hilaire; 30th June 2012 at 10:43 PM.

Heard there was something new coming earlier in the week. Looking forward to trying (and more than likely buying!)

WOW!!! This looks and sounds Fantastic!!! I believe my heart skipped a beat!!! Thanks for the info!!!
    Gary

O-h
    m-y
    g-o-u-d

An Oud Eau de Cologne?

Eau de Cologne Concentrée?

Marketing BS.
    I would never give my money to these idiots.

Also, what oud has to do with classic italian colognes?
    Youre missing the context Acqua di Parma.
    And my respect too.
    Nowadays EVERY brand has to have an Oud fragrance, specially in its name...

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Also, what oud has to do with classic italian colognes?
    Youre missing the context Acqua di Parma.
    And my respect too.
    Exactly...what has this to do with Italian colognes? Gimmick? My respect for Acqua Di Parma has gone from a while. If'd you lived in Italy, your would have probably gone too

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

for me, italian means herbs, conifers and citrus. they should invest on what the image they have, instead of ruining it with "expansion"

Oh boy. Not another Eau de Cologne Extrait.

Who cares about ooud... (yawn) Russian Coriander, this is new though. Exceedingly rare and precious, grown by collective farms in Siberia. This is gotta be good.

This is just silly.

I felt this was approaching what with all the promotion AdP is doing in Dubai.
    I actually like the idea.

Sure its not typically Italian nor does it fall consistent with the image of AdP but who cares?
    We live in a global state of mind.
    Porsche came out with a Cayenne, a 4x4 and its the most successful vehicle in their line up.

Variety is the spice oud of life.

for swap/sale:

Oud? Really? Again?

What an utterly silly name, or how to spoil an interesting concept: be the first to invent a successful oud EDC. Oud in the name? Check. Concentree? Check. Kilian-style bottle and box? Check.

I think we are all a bit stunned - Who would have imagined acqua di parma would bring out a Oud fragrance. I mean if you made a list of the house's that would least likely to bring out a oud frag then acqua di parma would be near the top of the list.lol

AdP is a business who study their markets. They located a market in which Oud is a dominant note. They thus fused what they do best with the one ingredient that will allow them to attract more customers in specific regions of the world.

Why is that bad?

You're most likely not going to see this particular fragrance being sold in every AdP stockist in the world, thus their image will still be reflected by their current default line up.

It doesn't bother me if another company joins the "oud bandwagon". I don't see anything wrong with that. It's just like any other companies doing amber based fragrances and nobody complains.

How come with oud, I see a lot of disagreement here? When it comes to doing another rose or amber or vetiver, nobody complains or yawns?!?

Sur la Plage

I am looking forward to trying this.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Yeah, let's try it before putting it down, as silly as the name and concept may sound.

Edit: is this the dawn of the Oud de Cologne?
    Last edited by LloydLlewellyn; 1st July 2012 at 02:20 PM.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Absolutely ridiculous name.
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    for me, italian means herbs, conifers and citrus. they should invest on what the image they have, instead of ruining it with "expansion"
    Exactly - and that's a bad thing. How many citrus/herbal aquatic colognes can one company make - surely Italy can produce something out of the ordinary. Sure this sounds about as dull as beans to me, but it's something different for the brand.
    I'm waiting for a British brand to do something like this... I recently sound the new BEX London line, which has for a few moments lost my faith in modern British perfumery.

Alright Ladies and Gents. Take your Colonia Intensa and add a subtle sweet cinnamon with Oud. This is what you get. It is quite nice, not ground-breaking but a good attempt by the house. Cinnamon is not listed in the notes but I do get it personally. Is it worth £130? No not really. Longevity is ok, I got about good 6 hour. I would have bought it had it been literally half the price. Overall 7 out of 10.

Me too. I am tired of all these wimpy non-fragrances out there. When I read Oud, I think of a fragrance that at least has some substance. Reading the pyramid, the notes make this sound interesting.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Me three.
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Exactly - and that's a bad thing. How many citrus/herbal aquatic colognes can one company make - surely Italy can produce something out of the ordinary. Sure this sounds about as dull as beans to me, but it's something different for the brand.
    I'm waiting for a British brand to do something like this... I recently sound the new BEX London line, which has for a few moments lost my faith in modern British perfumery.

I'm keeping an open mind about what it smells like, and looking forward to sampling it because I'm a big fan of AdP and want their fragrances to be good.

However, this fragrance is not new in any real sense, new for the brand yes, but if they'd come out with an Oud a couple of years ago they might have been riding something that still felt fresh (even if it wasn't strictly speaking new back then either) but now every new Oud release I see feels like a race to the bottom, and Oud is ubiquitous.

The unique character of AdP is that it produces colognes which are either in a traditional Italian style or which use those traditional qualities to reproduce things which are recognizably Italian in nature. You might find that boring, but many people who are fans of Italian perfumery and of Italy in general don't find that boring in the least.

Am I prepared to be wowed by this perfume and not prejudge it? Yes, I think it's possible they could have created something which takes Oud and uses it in a way which is consistent with the style and unique character of the house. But do I think it's new and edgy and taking the brand in some fascinating new direction? No. Oud isn't new and coming out with an Oud fragrance now isn't that interesting it's just good business sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobster2010 View Post
    Take your Colonia Intensa and add a subtle sweet cinnamon with Oud. This is what you get. Overall 7 out of 10.
    That doesn't sound so bad. just how intensa is the oud ?

Basenotes Institution

I didn't like Colonia Intensa at all (I do love and own Colonia and Colonia Assoluta) so I'm not really sure about this one myself.

What's the price?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Kind of wonder if this will be similar to Habit Rouge EdP? Price point is similar. Intrigued nonetheless.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

The oud is certainly there to be picked up but it isn't the strongest.
    The price is £130 GBP

Again, I would buy it had it not been for the steep price.

Well, I want to smell it anyway - I'm a big fan of ADP Colonia and Intensa - and also oud. If it's exclusive to Harrods, so bet it. I'll be in London in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line View Post
    Well, I want to smell it anyway - I'm a big fan of ADP Colonia and Intensa - and also oud. If it's exclusive to Harrods, so bet it. I'll be in London in August.

Just remember, the Piccadilly Line takes you there :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lobster2010 View Post
    Just remember, the Piccadilly Line takes you there :P
    Currently trying to resist the urge for a little trip this weekend......!

I think this sounds interesting.

have just bought a bottle blind from harrods online - i wait for its delivery with baited breath
    Its 1973, almost dinner time , i'm having hoops !

And the moral of this story? Nothing is sacred when money’s at stake (especially with a reasonably well-justified price hike that, in reality, didn’t actually cost you extra to produce).

Want to be a chump? Be my guest…

I'd like to try it. I'm a fan of Colonia Assoluta and Colonia Essenza. (Essenza is my favorite of the line.)
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Acqua di Parma is pure quality. I believe they put a lot of attention into their fragrances and they tend to be traditional. Many find that to be boring. I find it to be quite chic. Oud + ADP = something worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    And the moral of this story? Nothing is sacred when money’s at stake (especially with a reasonably well-justified price hike that, in reality, didn’t actually cost you extra to produce).

Want to be a chump? Be my guest…
    Trebor, while I agree with you about the price of it. The scent itself really is very good ( just took delivery of one of Krons splits) To my nose it is a high quality Oud and it is somewhat unique. Although that being said, I've not been exposed to too many Ouds. Give it a try

my bottle arrived today - i agree with fragranceman -the scent is very good indeed
    Its 1973, almost dinner time , i'm having hoops !

I somehow expect it to smell akin to Xerjoff Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I didn't like Colonia Intensa at all (I do love and own Colonia and Colonia Assoluta) so I'm not really sure about this one myself.

What's the price?
    I didn't like any of the flankers more than the OG Colonia so far. And the OG Colonia is even a little too powdery for contemporary taste. So my hopes aren't super high for this one, despite the packaging being gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by scentpacking View Post
    my bottle arrived today - i agree with fragranceman -the scent is very good indeed
    How would you describe it? Is the original AdP still in there or is this a completely new animal?

Quote Originally Posted by PWJ View Post
    How would you describe it? Is the original AdP still in there or is this a completely new animal?
    To my nose, the origonal is still there but it's not as pronounced as I thought it should be. Btw - 12 hrs and still counting