Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Taking my girl out to a pretty upscale strip club for her first time...

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    This post made me lol. Strong username to thread title ratio.
    Ditto.
    It's another vote for the Pizza Hut scent.

Default Re: Taking my girl out to a pretty upscale strip club for her first time...

I didn't read this whole thread. I just wanted to give the OP a high five.

I think the scent the turns strippers on the most is money and cocaine. Got either of those? Im sure one or the other or a combination of both will get you all then attention you need. Just make sure you know a good dry cleaner to take your clothes to tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    I think the scent the turns strippers on the most is money and cocaine. Got either of those? Im sure one or the other or a combination of both will get you all then attention you need. Just make sure you know a good dry cleaner to take your clothes to tomorrow morning.

So Tuscan Leather and a wad of cash?

Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    I think the scent the turns strippers on the most is money and cocaine. Got either of those? Im sure one or the other or a combination of both will get you all then attention you need.
    Hey just add some pineapple juice and that would be Aventus!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by romeocasido View Post
    Thanks Shiny, but I think I'm gonna make this night all about her. If my wants a dance I'll let her pick her favorite girl. I know the dancers will only pretend to care but I like to be festive with my scents and wanted something that would fit this atmosphere.
    Here's a promotional video of the club (no nudity, kinda safe for work, maybe) but you guys can kinda see what I'm talkin' about.
    Hahahahaha ROFL!! I just watched the clip - that's just sooooooooooooooo classy! Lol!!!

This thread is why I love basenotes.

In any event, having spent way too much time in strip clubs (and not the classy ones), I can say this: strippers have smelled every bad cologne known to man, up close. I used to wear GIT, but got tired of the ladies telling me how good I smelled, and asking me if I was wearing Aspen. Happened more than you'd think. Never Cool Water, just Aspen.

I then started wearing Pure Havane on the theory that it was strong and lasted a while, and could cut through the smoky atmosphere. It worked like a charm, and the ladies loved it. So, my advice would be to wear something simple, relatively strong, and just a bit different.

Wait, forget all that. You're going with your lady. Wear her favorite. If she asks you at any point why you wore it, just tell her "Because even though we're surrounded by all these women, the only one I want to smell good for is you."

You've got to realize who you need to focus on if you're with a lady at a strip club. ESPECIALLY there.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Secretions magnifiques, would fit in perfectly
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

No hate here, titty bars can be a good time. CA is non-smoking so you don't have to worry about clouds of cigar smoke and what not; wear something your GF likes. Have fun.

Lol titty bars. Haha

Aqua Velva Musk. Bring the bottle with you as you'll want to freshen up a bit over the course of the evening.

Basenotes Plus

You lucky dude you! Few girls would be comfortable with their guys visiting strip joints. It's a great idea taking your girl to a strip club. Maybe you'll see a side of her you've never seen before. Don't worry about the fragrance department. Just wear something strong enough to mask the scent of $40 burgers...

Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

treeman5823

Wow this board is just full of haters isn't it?
    Oh boy. Can't have even a little fun, can we?
    All in good spirit, friend.

Your girl needs to be olfactory adapted to the smells of the strippers - my suggestion, raid a dollar store and buy all the bottles of knock off's available - the entire stock, even the testers if they have. Then mix them all up and soak with it in the tub or shower in that & when you get in the car with your girl, she'll start feeling comfortable...Of course, for class, u can spray any niche parfum as well, which will get wasted in the strip club's own niche Lap Dance scent (EDP version now available)

This is w/o doubt the funniest forum post I've seen! All BN'ers should send PM's to their friends who are on BN and who rarely participate, reading through all the entries on this post has been real fun! For once, I feel good w/o spending more $$$ after reading something on BN...

What would Hugh Hefner wear? Or Austin Powers? I can't bring myself to ask about James Bond . . .

I grant that "classy strip joint" does sound like an oxymoron akin to "classy heavy gold chains" but throw in the $40 burger and at least you're consistent.

OK, look. It's your $ and as Aunt Augusta used to say " Always go first class. You never know when poverty might strike, like influenza."
    So if this is your idea of first class by all means it's your life, and your kinky gift to your GF who might really enjoy being there. Good luck!

OK the scent for this:

INFUSION by Bombay Sapphire (2003)
    It smells exactly like the gin, and is a damn good fragrance to boot.

Just take a cab. Or a classy limo. Otherwise if a cop pulls you over you'll have too much explaining to do.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 23rd February 2013 at 10:33 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

How come Hednic hasn't suggested Burberry London yet?

The thread title led me think the discussion would be much more entertaining. After opening up and checking it out, turns out the thread, kind of like strip clubs and kobe beef, left me underwhelmed.

The talk of strip clubs and food reminds me of the No Reservations episode where Anthony Bourdain and Alton Brown visit the Clermont Lounge in Atlanta. I suspect one can find a video on line.

As far as fragrance recommendation - let your girlfriend choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    What would Hugh Hefner wear?
    An 18 year old.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    An 18 year old.
    Actually, multiple 18 year olds. Must be Blonde with large tatas.

Hey OP. how about an update? Did this occur last evening? What did you decide to wear? How did things go? Any craziness? Lay it all on us brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnbkr123 View Post
    Hey OP. how about an update? Did this occur last evening? What did you decide to wear? How did things go? Any craziness? Lay it all on us brother.
    Rumour has it that he now is taking the girl's grandma to a cagefight...

Quote Originally Posted by Awésome View Post
    lol
    also lol. felt good to have a good laugh.

troll thread

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    Rumour has it that he now is taking the girl's grandma to a cagefight...
    No, that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    What a nice grandson you have.
    No, she just needs to defend her title.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    Don't bring sand to the beach.

Wear whatevs. The broads are being paid so if you're wearing anything, they'll complement it.
    I was scrolling down, waiting to be the one to post what your first line is, and you beat me! Strip club means lots of women wearing their own "stripper" frags. I'd tone your own down, wear something halfway decent, and enjoy *their* scent as part of the experience. Your attitude and wallet will speak far, far louder than your frag in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    +1 lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnbkr123 View Post
    Yes - please share more details, all us BN are more eager abt this rt now than the release of new parfums!!!

W/O doubt the funniest thread I've seen / participated...I've re-read the entries again today morning and couldn't help out laughing...

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    Exspensive doesn't equal class. It only makes it more vulgar.
    This!

Wear Brut!
    LOST! in scent and music

Quote Originally Posted by ElVee View Post
    I was scrolling down, waiting to be the one to post what your first line is, and you beat me! Strip club means lots of women wearing their own "stripper" frags. I'd tone your own down, wear something halfway decent, and enjoy *their* scent as part of the experience.
    There's always going to be that guy who thinks he has to wear a frag that projects like an air raid siren.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Try the new Pizza Hut fragrance!
    made me LOL literally

- - - Updated - - -

Taking girls out to strip clubs as a date and calling it classy, and we blame the fragrance community for the reformulations. tsk tsk tsk :/

- - - Updated - - -

And only a chump wouldn't take his gf to a strip club if she asked for it.
    Solid reasoning, it's oozing class

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Just watch for any hairs on your burger patty.
    It's a classy place, I imagine they can afford waxing and some for the money he's paying it better be camel-toes

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    There's always going to be that guy who thinks he has to wear a frag that projects like an air raid siren.
    Yeah, but I'm actually a nice guy once you get to know me....
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

CologneFan85

I know a nice "underground" place in DTLA...