Code of Conduct

Default Which two of these four would you choose? Le Male, L'eau D'issey, Burberry London, or YSL L'homme?

Hey guys, I'm new to basenotes and wanted to expand my fragrance collection. Right now I have three fragrances, Chrome, Code, and D&G PH. I was wondering which two of the four would you choose for a high schooler, Le Male, L'eau D'issey, Burberry London, or YSL L'homme. I bought samples of each and am enjoying Le Male and L'eau D'issey but want to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Default Re: Which two of these four would you choose? Le Male, L'eau D'issey, Burberry London, or YSL L'homm

Le Male & Burberry London

Default Re: Which two of these four would you choose? Le Male, L'eau D'issey, Burberry London, or YSL L'homm

Thanks for your reply! I was thinking of purchasing from the ebay seller perfume4us, do you have any experience with them or any other fragrance selling sites?

Le Male and YSL L'homme

Le Male and L'Homme

would l'homme be suitable for the spring/summer as well?

Quote Originally Posted by toastedpopcorn View Post
    would l'homme be suitable for the spring/summer as well?
    Spring I think it would work fine for, summer might depend on your chemistry and the temperature.

In your set, I'd say Le Male, smoother, refined, pleasant. the Eau d'issey is very popular, but I find it a little too shrill.

cacio

Banned
    Blog Entries

L'Homme > Le Male > London >>>>>>>>>>>> L'eau D' Issey

And yes, L'Homme is perfect for the spring and summer. But it's still a mainstay in my fall/winter collection.

Hey guys, I'm new to basenotes and wanted to expand my fragrance collection. Right now I have three fragrances, Chrome, Code, and D&G PH. I was wondering which two of the four would you choose for a high schooler, Le Male, L'eau D'issey, Burberry London, or YSL L'homme. I bought samples of each and am enjoying Le Male and L'eau D'issey but want to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
    It appears you have made your choice. I like Le Male a lot and would pass on the other three.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

YSL L'homme and Burberry London

L'homme can be year around, works very well in all seasons.

London is a very good cold weather fragrance.
    TOP PICKS
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Creed Silver Mountain Water Creed Millesime Imperial
    Gucci Pour Homme II YSL La Nuit de L'homme Versace The Dreamer
    Burberry London YSL L'homme L'occitane Eau Des Baux

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by goody2141 View Post
    YSL L'homme and Burberry London
    Same choice for me. I like Le Male as well though but the popularity factor makes it lose to these two. Haven't tried L'Eau D'Issey yet.

London > L'eau d'Issey > Le Male > L'Homme

On my skin I find L'Homme to be synthetic and generic , although it smells pretty nice from the paper.

L'Homme and London for me. Too many people wearing Le Male, I find it a tad vulgar and clichéd. L'eau d'Issey has been done to death too. Have you tried La Nuit de L'Homme? It's an improvement on the original.

Either London or L'Homme for me- these two are amongst the scents which would stand out as the better ones among the comparatively recent fragrances.

Sound Scents

The only one of those I would even consider is Burberry London.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

London for winter and L'homme for summer.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Le Male!

YSL L'homme and Burberry London.

WOW, thanks for all the replies guys, I think I'm going to finish up these samples. I'm deadset on getting Le Male now and am leaning towards l'homme rather than l'eau d'issey. Burberry London smells a bit too mature and "pine tree-y" for a highschooler. Is there any way to properly apply a 1ml sample vial? I usually do three sprays with any cologne, one neck and each wrist. Thanks again everyone!

i was gonna say get all four (great scents) but my pick would be Issey and London. then i read that you are a high schooler and i think you are leaning in the right direction with Le Male n L'homm. London is very british and mature, you got that spot on.

After letting Le Male sit on my skin for a while, it smells really synthetic and a concoction of vanilla and lavander (sorry to everyone that loves it so much! ) Would it be alright if I bought l'homme and L'eau D'issey? Maybe even London, but I still feel like that's too mature. Open to suggestions at this point. Again, thanks for all your help everyone!

Sound Scents

After letting Le Male sit on my skin for a while, it smells really synthetic and a concoction of vanilla and lavander (sorry to everyone that loves it so much! ) Would it be alright if I bought l'homme and L'eau D'issey? Maybe even London, but I still feel like that's too mature. Open to suggestions at this point. Again, thanks for all your help everyone!
    Of course it's alright... That said, I hope I am nowhere in the vicinity of you when you wear either of them. ;-). Seriously though, if you love them, buy them. I will say that before you buy the L'eau d'Issey pour Homme you may want to give Bellagio for Men a sniff. It is dirt cheap online at about $15 or less for a 100ml bottle, but smells quite good and is preferable but in the same vein as the Issey (though lacking in performance compared to the Issey). Another excellent bang for the buck scent that most likely will be up your alley to also consider geting your nose on is Bergamotto Marino by Ferré.
    Current Top Favorites:

8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

L'homme and issey summer. London is more mature as you said. Le male is popular and loved among teens but if you don't like forget about it. Also try la nuit de l'homme. I don't know why but people adore it.

You can always sample a few other fragrances. Don't get something you're not pleased with, no need for regrets when you've got plenty of options to choose from. Try Bleu de Chanel, for instance, or Armani Code, you might like/appreciate those more than what you've already listed above.

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Of course it's alright... That said, I hope I am nowhere in the vicinity of you when you wear either of them. ;-). Seriously though, if you love them, buy them. I will say that before you buy the L'eau d'Issey pour Homme you may want to give Bellagio for Men a sniff. It is dirt cheap online at about $15 or less for a 100ml bottle, but smells quite good and is preferable but in the same vein as the Issey (though lacking in performance compared to the Issey). Another excellent bang for the buck scent that most likely will be up your alley to also consider geting your nose on is Bergamotto Marino by Ferré.
    Damn, Bellagio has one fancy looking bottle . I'll be sure to give those two a try, do you know any online retailers that have Bergamotto in stock? (apart from Amazon, since they don't ship to Canada :/)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom View Post
    You can always sample a few other fragrances. Don't get something you're not pleased with, no need for regrets when you've got plenty of options to choose from. Try Bleu de Chanel, for instance, or Armani Code, you might like/appreciate those more than what you've already listed above.
    I was thinking of grabbing a sample of Bleu de Chanel as I heard it was similar to YSL's l'homme, and I do own Armani Code, right now, it's my go to fragrance, smells amazing!

I was thinking of grabbing a sample of Bleu de Chanel as I heard it was similar to YSL's l'homme, and I do own Armani Code, right now, it's my go to fragrance, smells amazing!
    Sorry about that, just noticed it's in your list. Then perhaps also consider Gucci Pour Homme II and Midnight in Paris.

Burberry London

Sound Scents

Damn, Bellagio has one fancy looking bottle . I'll be sure to give those two a try, do you know any online retailers that have Bergamotto in stock? (apart from Amazon, since they don't ship to Canada :/)
    Hmm, I am afraid nothing immediately comes to mind, but there is always eBay of course. I don't think that one is one on the radar screen of counterfeiters.
    Current Top Favorites:

8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

ALRIGHT, I think I've finally decided after some thorough smelling throughout the day! How does La Nuit de L'homme and L'eau D'issey sound? Possibly London as well, if budget allows. About to pull the trigger and some opinions would be great, these would be used year round in high school.

La Nuit de L'homme is a great choice, can't comment on the other unfortunately.

I would still say l'homme for during the say in class and Le Male for whenever you go out

Le male. Check out Fierce even though it doesn't get a lot of love here.

L'homme and L'eau d' issey
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

l'homme gets another vote, perfect frag for daily wear, super versatile and pleasant.
    ive heard many complaints on projection and longevity, but for some reason i get a good full day of 8 hrs and nice projection throughout using 3 or 4 sprays...
    recommend spraying on skin a few trials to see how ot runs.

IfI were put onto a wall, with machine guns pointed at me and had to choose, it would be Burberry London.