Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Saturday 23rd February

Hello all. SL Bas de Soie.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD Saturday 23rd February

Good morning!

lt's a weekend off for me, but l'm up early to wait for the gas man. Not scented yet; will report back later.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Morning everyone,

Tabac Blond today.
    Will brave the snow flurries in a bit and head into town. Eager to sniff Uncle Serge's new offering and to re-sniff 1932. Also have £30 credit for Harrods which is burning a hole in my pocket. I'm thinking chocolate.
    Have a great Saturday, folks.

....Good morning. Enjoy your weekend!
    MPG ~ Ambre Précieux

Chocs is always a good idea, G.! Let me know please what you think of the Serge in particular!
    Snowing like crazy here... approaching one foot and intensive snow forecast for tonight again... before it warms up and rains tomorrow! What a ***** mess! Never had so much snow in one winter here.
    Vega again.
    Hugs all around!

Good morning all!

Mechant Loup today from a decant, not sure if I want the whole bottle...

SotD is happy Iris Poudre by Frederic Malle

Have a lovely, relaxing weekend

Smile Re: SOTD Saturday 23rd February

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Prada L'eau Ambree.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! Everyone is smelling great today, some of my favorites in the mix.

Teardrop, enjoy your weekend off and I hope they get your heating fixed, terrible time
    to be without heat.

SotD is Oiro by Mona di Oiro, this is such a beautiful fragrance. If you love jasmine this
    should be on your test list. I'm hoping they rerelease her original fragrances, there's a
    couple I've learned to love and wish I'd bought them when I had the chance.

Wishing everyone a relaxing weekend.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Blog Entries

The gas man has been, & l think he finally got to the bottom of the problem. The place is lovely & warm now, woohoo! Just as well, because l've seen a few little flakes of snow falling today.

l've just been decanting a few samples into atomisers, & so my SOTD is a mixture of things, mostly incense & roses, mmmmm..

Edit; thanks Kiliwia, l just saw your post!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Yay, Teardrop! Just in time, too!

It's gray and rainy again today, at least it isn't sleet. I'm going to continue in last night's Prada Infusion d'Iris.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Alexander da Costa Poker Player this AM. Presently 79 F outside @ 10:22AM but heading for a high of 83 F and then toward a week of overnight lows around 50 F and highs in the 60s F, and that could be the last of our 'winter'.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

ENORMOUS, EARTHY PATCHOULI

Before gym Prada Amber Pour Homme, After gym Prada Amber Intense

Good morning -

I'm joining lilybelle in Prada Irises - mine's Infusion d'Iris Absolue. Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

The Prada Iris Fan Club smells good up there ((sniff, sniff))
    I'm packing up boxes this weekend (I am MOVING next week!!) so I need all the (((bear hugs))) that you all can give me since moving is STRESSFUL! Gosh I'm such a whiner, no? SOTD is:

Jacomo de Jacomo by Jacomo (from a sample - I'm participating in the Men's Sample Pass)

This was from 1980. Gosh I was 10, that year. It smells incredibly dated but also deftly intriguing. Tip!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Eau de Nuit by Armani

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I'm packing up boxes this weekend (I am MOVING next week!!) so I need all the (((bear hugs))) that you all can give me since moving is STRESSFUL! Gosh I'm such a whiner, no?
    Sending big hugs your way, Mike!!! Good luck with the move!

Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

(((((((((((Mikie)))))))))))

Joining with all in bear hugs to Mikie P. Sending you patience and strength to cope with all that you have to encounter these days. (I know some things are more comforting in silence).

We have a winter wonderland here, with picturesque trees and all the whimsies of the frosted windows. The sleigh is not done -- Mr.T ran out of materials -- he says -- the King of Unfinished Projects.

HdP Mata Hari 1876 (those interested in purchasing HdP fragrances -- they are available from parfum1 now, where $75 or more in purchases will give you free shipping and where they run 10 to 20 per cent off specials frequently).

Have a nice weekend.

Blog Entries

Hugs, ((Mike))-- moving is a drag! I feel for you. Take care when lifting-- no straining your back.

We were supposed to get a storm but so far it's just light rain. I think we dodged a bullet.

SotD is Jour de Fête.

I also offer a BIG hug for Mike. Chin up.
    Dr. G, enjoy your shopping, and if it is chocolate, I hope it is delish!! I am also curious about your thoughts on 1932.
    I am wearing Eau de Lalique, my tennis staple. After my afternoon match, I plan on a little sampling for the evening. Have a great weekend everyone!

Good evening.

SotD is Cuir Ottoman, plus some gorgeous remains of yesterday's Mazzolari Patchouli.

Hugs to Mike, I need them too: tomorrow and Monday is election day- national and regional- here in Italy, I'm so scared
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Madame X by Ava Luxe today.

Blog Entries

Hugs to mike & iodine, & all who need them.

SOTE is Alien.

Good luck, Mike! I hate moving, too.

I am in Hermessence Rose Ikebana today.

Parfum d'Empire Musc Tonkin

Evening Everyone,

Feeling a bit perfumed out tonight, so going scentless.
    Managed to sniff La Fille de Berlin today - a crimson, luscious, glossy Lutens rose that opens with pepper and ends with amber. I just read some blogs which make this out to be on par with MKK so far as muskiness is concerned, but honestly, I didn't get that at all. I think that all these true, vintage civet bombs have spoiled me.
    Also tried Malle's newie: A lactonic sandalwood with citrus, a smidge of patchouli and a fair amount of sweetness, especially after a few hours. Too sweet for me and disappointing after I was expecting some real Mysore sandalwood action. Fans of P.G.'s Cadjméré should check it out.
    I'd run out of skin for 1932, so again had to content myself with a spritz on paper (really must get a sample). Love the sheer, pastel palette of iris and jasmine, but too femme ( I think ) even for me. Need to spend some quality time with it.
    Got the most decadent selection of choccies from Fortnum & Mason ( decided I couldn't face Harrods on a Saturday ) which I will shortly proceed to gorge myself on savour slowly.

Good luck with the move, Mike.
    Best to all.

I'm wearing Bandit today. I love wearing leather scents on weekends, especially if I'm watching some Jayhawk basketball like today! We got 14 inches of snow the other day and the weatherdudes are predicting another 12 tomorrow. Geez ... we have not had this much snow in a verrry long time. It is official: I'm tired of winter.

Happy weekend, everyone! Hugs for all (and two for Mike!) ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

What I've Been Wearing:

Darn it, that 1932 is sounding nicer to me all the time! Must sample soon!

(((Mike))), best wishes on your move! May it be as speedy and painless as such a chore can be.

Glad to hear you like the Prada, lilybelle! If you need some EDT to compare, just holler!

No.19 vintage parfum today, hugs to each of you!
    The nose wants what it wants!

It has been raining on and off all day here in Northern Florida. The cats are sleeping through the thunder. Perfect weather for vintage Mitsouko.

Happy Saturday to all!

Shades, I'm glad you're feeling better. It does look like we're in for at least a couple of more rounds of snow before we get some real spring. And March Madness. No matter what happens with the rest of the Big 12 season, please make sure the Jayhawks destroy Texas. Thank you.

((((Mike)))) Good luck with your move. I hate the packing up and moving part, but I've always enjoyed the unpacking. It always feels like an opportunity to start clean in a new place and re-organize and *de-possess* my life. (I think that might have been lilybelle's word, and I love it. So apt.)

Teardrop, I hope it's well and fixed this time, you poor thing! Are you celebrating with any wine?

G, since I'm becoming a bit more daring with rose fragrances (as in, I'm not avoiding trying them anymore ), I believe I'll have to try La Fille de Berlin. And the new Malle. That sounds right up my alley, and I'm never one to turn down a confection.

This morning I tested Van Cleef & Arpels Lys Carmin on one wrist and sprayed the other wrist with my decant of Uncle Serge's Un Lys to see how they compare. I do like them both, but they may be redundant. And the lily in Un Lys is much longer-lasting than in Lys Carmin. Although the Lys Carmin dries down to a really lovely sandalwoody vanilla, which I am such a sucker for.

I just found out that the rest of my samples arrived, so I'll be in testing heaven the rest of the weekend!

Acqua di Cuba.
    Delicious honey lemon and tobacco.

Hello again, everyone!

I'm in Deneuve for the evening. ♥

Good luck with your move, Mike - I hope everything goes smoothly for you!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Wearing Neela Vermeire Mohur this evening, a nice spicy rose with a little oud. It's very nice, all 3 of their fragrances are quite good.

Blog Entries

SotA - Millesime Imperial by Creed (from a decant)

Basenotes Institution

I got a lot of packing done today, a bit more to do tomorrow but I made lot's of headway. Spent the evening with a big group of guys at a wonderful Italian restaurant and now I'm all tuckered out and ready for bed in:

L'Heure Bleue (vintage Parfum de Toilette) by Guerlain

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle