Code of Conduct
    Dependent

Default Dior Batch/Production Code

Hi guys. I've been doing some research on Dior Homme and DHI recently to discover something about the batch/production code found under the bottle or box itself. Read quite a number of threads especially those with the batch numbers and personally, I've been trying to find vintage Dior Homme bottles. So now instead of using checkcosmetic.net when you are at DFS or other shops, here is how you can tell when the Dior fragrance was produced.

An example of a Dior batch code would be 1N02

For the 4 digits/alphabets, first digit represents the year which the fragrance was produced,
    1 - 2011
    0 - 2010
    9 - 2009
    8 - 2008
    7 - 2007 so on so forth. chances of seeing 1 as 2001 is quite impossible

Hence, with the example of 1N02, it would be produced/manufactured in year 2011.

As for the alphabet just behind the first digit (the alphabet that sits in the second place of the batch code (eg 1N02), it simply represents the month the fragrance was produced. Dior starts with N being Jan. Thus,

N - Jan
    P - Feb
    Q - Mar
    R - Apr
    S - May
    T - June
    U - July
    V - Aug
    W - Sep
    X - Oct
    Y - Nov
    Z - Dec

Once again, with the given example of 1N02, the fragrance would be produced/manufactured in Jan.

And finally for the last two digits, it represents the week of that particular month. In conclusion, the example of 1N02 simply refers to a fragrance that was produced/manufactured on the second week of Jan 2011.

Credits to ace11 for pointing out the last two digits

Quote Originally Posted by ace11 View Post
    last 2 digits are the week number within a certain month.

0N03 : 2000 , Jan - 3rd week .
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

Addition Information:

As pointed out by Ete, 7H02 was produced in Aug 2007. However it was a tester so there could be a difference in tester batch codes. Now again by assumption, 'H' happens to be the eighth alphabet and it was related to Aug. Hence, those with testers please help me out as well. Im going to add the months for testers.

A - Jan
    B - Feb
    C - Mar
    D - Apr
    E - May
    F - June
    G - July
    H - Aug
    J - Sep
    K - Oct
    L - Nov
    M - Dec

Conclusion (Reformulation dates for DH & DHI)

This part gets a little tricky as there are different variations and I cant seem to find a date which everyone agrees on. However, I'm going to give you guys the best estimated date. Please be skeptical about it and dont totally count on it When I am very sure, I will definitely highlight it for you guys. As for now, here are the dates.

Dior Homme

0W02 was the last batch of vintage (use the batch codes provided above to calculate backwards for all vintage juices) - from my understanding, the bottles had silver collars and silver stems. Then again, some mentioned that there are black stems with vintage juices. So please trust the dates instead of appearance

Week number is important

For example, for DH :

Silver ring -silver tube - ( the original formulation of DH ) - produced until -2nd week of Sep-2010 code 0W02

Whereas 0W03 is Silver - Black (Ver1 formulation)
    0W03 onwards was the first reformulation (many agree that this version is the transitional scent from the vintage to the current reformulation (version II - black collar with black stem). Personally, I've tried comparing the vintage and the first reformulation side by side. The main difference would be the 'opening' note whereby the first reformulation smelt a little more citrus as compared to the vintage. Other than that, everything else is almost similar

** Need some help as to when the first reformulation ended and it became the second reformulation (black-black) **

Dior Homme Intense

Although DHI do not have two reformulation, it gets tricky as there wasnt a date that everybody agreed on. But with credits to a few veterans, especially Gerard_Butler (thanks bro!), I will list the closest estimated date.

1R04 should be the last batch of vintage as the estimated date of reformulation was sometime in May. Hence, anything before that should be considered good to go. Personally I've not tried either the vintage or reformulation so I cant really compare it for you guys, but from all the threads, most mentioned that the only main difference was longevity and sillage. Then again, there are also many others agreeing that vintage is still the best

Thank you for reading such a long post. Should there be any errors or credits that were not given, please inform me so that I can correct them. As for those 'hunting' for vintage juice, good luck!
    Last edited by teemas; 13th December 2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added tester bottles info based on assumptions

Default Re: Dior Batch/Production Code

Wow that is some great work.
    Mine is 7H02. 2007 is correct but H is August. However, this may be because mine is a tester.

Banned

interesting ... THANKS for the hard work and info !!!

Dependent

Hmm hopefully more Dior users could come and help out too haha. As far as I know, N,P,R,T,U,Z are all correct. Hence I assumed the list started from N since it was Jan and they probably skipped 'O' as it would be confusing to have 0O01. After counting, N to Z is exactly 12 after skipping 'O'.

As of now, I shall edit my post with H being Aug for testers. thanks for pointing out

Looking for more inputs if possible.

Just my guess: Since you said O was skipped it is also very likely that they skipped 'I' too, therefore that leaves us with 24 alphabets making it just right for 2 years. Of course, this is purely based on my speculation.

Hopefully more DH owners will come forward

I admire your dedication and enthusiasm!

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Ete View Post
    Just my guess: Since you said O was skipped it is also very likely that they skipped 'I' too, therefore that leaves us with 24 alphabets making it just right for 2 years. Of course, this is purely based on my speculation.

Hopefully more DH owners will come forward
    Now that you mentioned, it makes sense too! It would look weird with 1I10. Awesome man!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I admire your dedication and enthusiasm!
    Thanks! Im hoping that there is a list that everyone could use when they are looking for vintage Diors It saves everyone the trouble of checking each box online. You could even ask the SA to bring out those bottles that you are looking for.

Dependent

This is great! Looks like we have everything in order now. Going to add that in the first post. Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by teemas View Post
    This is great! Looks like we have everything in order now. Going to add that in the first post. Thanks man!
    Thanks for enthusiasm but we are still missing exact dates when and which reformulation started. Keep working! ) You can do it!
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Great post!
    This will greatly help me and a lot of other DHI fans and make our hunt for vintage DHI bottles a lot easier :P

Week number is important

For example, for DH :

Silver ring -silver tube - ( the original formulation of DH ) - produced until -2nd week of Sep-2010 code 0W02

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Thanks for enthusiasm but we are still missing exact dates when and which reformulation started. Keep working! ) You can do it!
    I will try my best to get the exact dates for the reformulation and post it later in the first post so that everything can be found there thanks for the suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard_Butler View Post
    Great post!
    This will greatly help me and a lot of other DHI fans and make our hunt for vintage DHI bottles a lot easier :P
    Hey bro! Thanks for helping me out with my reformulation questions too. Helped me greatly and I will probably post the dates in this post later

Week number is important

For example, for DH :

Thats very detailed! Looks like I can add the reformulation date for DH in my post already By the way, if I didnt remember wrongly, the second reformulation for DH start this year July?

I feel like I'm back on the whisky boards

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    I feel like I'm back on the whisky boards
    Hahaha whatsup with the whisky boards?

Anyway, updated the first post with help from everyone. Thanks again and should there be any mistakes, please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by teemas View Post
    chances of seeing 1 as 2001 is quite impossible

Hence, with the example of 1N02, it would be produced/manufactured in year 2011.
    From the batch number it could as well be from 2001, the only way to tell the decades apart would be from the box or bottle design ... at least when it comes to Fahrenheit.

A way to tell apart the the 1990s from the 2000s is the number on the bottom of the bottle. The 1990s are printed in white/silver, the 2000s are printed in black.

That being said, thank you for this insight into the numbering system! I had already figured out what the first digit meant, but I had no idea that the other digits were about about month and week!

Do you have any idea what to make of the very early Fahrenheit batch codes? They consist of four numbers and a letter, I even have one coded "1P533" ... any ideas?

I have both 1R04 and 1R05 and they are identical.
    Maybe 1R05 was the absolute latest before the reformulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay83 View Post
    I have both 1R04 and 1R05 and they are identical.
    Maybe 1R05 was the absolute latest before the reformulation.
    Sounds like it's from 2001, which would be the second reformulation. The last before the current one. By the way, the last digit accounts for the month it was produced.

Edit: I just realised you were not talking about Fahrenheit ... so you better forget what I said ...
    Last edited by osoblanco; 22nd November 2012 at 10:23 AM.

I have 1001 dhi 100 ml tester and i love it! old or re formulated?
    My Top 3 Scent
    1 Aventus
    2 Dior homme intense (Vintage)
    3 L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme L'Eau Extrême

I need a little help , i'm not sure if mines is one the batch code is 1PO2
    Smelling Good In My Wheelchair

My 125 ml bottle of Dior Homme has the code "1V02" , so it's from August 2011. It has the black button, silver collar and black tube. An old thread states that the 2nd reformulation was marked by changing the collar from silver to black. I've never seen a black collar so I can't coment, but if it's true then the 2nd reform happened after August 2011. (I seem to remember the old thread said something like it started in September 2011, which sounds reasonable, but I don't have time to look it up just now.)

Thanks for that! So do we own a vintage bottle lol I think we are just in there because someone was speaking about if it was a early batch of 2011 with the collar silver then it still was potent!
    Smelling Good In My Wheelchair

Quote Originally Posted by chrisuk View Post
    I need a little help , i'm not sure if mines is one the batch code is 1PO2
    That ought to be the silver collar/ black tube. Correct?
    Apparently 1st reformulation. Yours is from February 2011.

Howdy,

I just wanted to add my thanks to the OP - that is some seriously time consuming and great detective work - as others have said, thanks for sharing.

Big UP

Great work. I bought my DH from the drugstore just around the corner from me and the batch number is 0V02.
    I'm guessing Dior were ditching the last of the vintage on pharmacists at a reduced price to make way for the reformulation .
    I'll be checking tomorrow to see if there is any left