Code of Conduct

Default What is cheaper alternative to Eau Sauvage

I really like its genre along with Chanel PM & PMC. It's just too pricey for me at the moment but there are probably cheaper frags that are just as good. I like RG too if you wanna consider it a cousin.

Default Re: What is cheaper alternative to Eau Sauvage

there are a few frags out there with similar dna as eau sauvage, but it won't as good as Eau Sauvage

if you love it, why not grab it in the 200ml, 400ml or the 1L bottle, which the cost per ml is greatly reduced.

http://www.fragrancenet.com/eau-sauv...mf/en_US/00808
    http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Anglique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

You may want to try Homme de Gres or Lacoste original. I prefer Eau Sauvage.
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

As others have said I'd simply get Eau Sauvage in a size that's most economical for you.

It's too bad you're not in the states. I got my ES 3.4oz bottle on sale for $35 at perfumania. It goes on sale once or twice a year
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

No equivalent to Eau Sauvage.

Save, get both the EDT and EDP, both worth the cost, irrespective of where u get it from...

...but Eau Sauvage is not that expensive to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by andregooren View Post
    ...but Eau Sauvage is not that expensive to begin with.
    It is only expensive in the UK because it is never discounted. But then neither is Chanel Pour Monsieur or Armani Eau Pour Homme. These 3 all seem to compete here, they are widely available and all around 62 for 100ml.

Eau de Guerlain is slightly less, at 54, and can be found discounted quite regularly. O de Lancome is about the same, for a 125ml bottle. To th OP, don't laugh at it being a "ladies smell", its closer to Eau Sauvage than you think.

But in this genre, you cannot beat a big bottle of Eau Dynamisante for value. 37 for 200ml.

To a certain extent, YSL pour Homme and YSL pour Homme Haute Concentration

Sound Scents

I can think of some in about the same price range, but I can't really think of any less expensive that would suffice... It is a very good scent for sure.
    Last edited by drseid; 24th February 2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: typos
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frdric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'dri) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacr (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Priv (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

the good old "Eau de Rochas pour homme" is very, very similar to Eau Sauvage, try it.

you can go for Moustache Cologne by Rochas. it was made by the same perfumer of eau savage Edmond Roudnitska and its kind of dirty citrus frag. it can be easily found for around 40$.

It's true what they say... If you like Eau Suavage, save up (if needs be) and buy it. It's not that expensive and it's the real deal. Quality fragrance.
    Smelling good on a budget!

I would suggest Eau de Rochas Homme - or if you find it, even better Eau de Rochas Pour Homme.
    Imo both smell better than Eau Sauvage. Though Eau Sauvage is a fine fragrance itself.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    No equivalent to Eau Sauvage.

Save, get both the EDT and EDP, both worth the cost, irrespective of where u get it from...
    Eau Sauvage Parfum is not an EdP version of ES - it's a completely different fragrance.

Eau de Guerlain is a bit cheaper, but though they may be in the same neighborhood, not really very similar.

As others have mentioned, there are other light citrusy fragrances out there, but the ones I know don't remind me of ES.

Escentual has a 50ml bottle for 37.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is an aside to the original poster's question, but since it came up: I easily smell accords from the original in the new Parfum version. I agree the Parfum isn't just an amped-up Eau Sauvage, and the overall effect is different, but that warm-green-spicy base from the original is present and loud in the Parfum. I find it very recognizable (and I love the original).

Bergamotto Marino.

Quote Originally Posted by df91 View Post
    I would suggest Eau de Rochas Homme - or if you find it, even better Eau de Rochas Pour Homme.
    Imo both smell better than Eau Sauvage. Though Eau Sauvage is a fine fragrance itself.
    Me too think that Eau de Rochas Homme/Pour Homme smells even better than Eau Sauvage, but if you could'nt find that try Lacoste Original.
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    It is only expensive in the UK because it is never discounted. But then neither is Chanel Pour Monsieur or Armani Eau Pour Homme. These 3 all seem to compete here, they are widely available and all around 62 for 100ml.

Eau de Guerlain is slightly less, at 54, and can be found discounted quite regularly. O de Lancome is about the same, for a 125ml bottle. To th OP, don't laugh at it being a "ladies smell", its closer to Eau Sauvage than you think.

But in this genre, you cannot beat a big bottle of Eau Dynamisante for value. 37 for 200ml.
    Good recommendations. Lately, I've been liking Armani Ph, but recently, I retried O de Lancome, and it instantly took me back to Armani Ph. And as I thought of these two, Eau Sauvage came to mind as well. So yeah, these are all alternatives. Not sure if they're necessarily cheaper, but they are alternatives.
    Current Favorites

1. Amouage Reflection Man
    2. Gucci Pour Homme II
    3. Divine L'Homme Sage
    4. By Killian Back to Black
    5. Amouage Interlude
    6. Hermssence Ambre Narguil (2004)
    7. By Killian Rose Oud
    8. Serge Lutens Five O'Clock Au Gingembre (2008)
    9. Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Homme
    10.Creed Royal Water

Eau Sauvage is expensive in France too, it sells very well, I've never seen it discounted...
    If you can get a good deal of L'Eau de L'Artisan (not saying it's easy), I recommand it. They are close IMHO, and I prefer L'Eau de L'Artisan.
    However... it's not what I'd call a cheaper alternative.
    Last edited by Letitbenose; 25th April 2013 at 02:20 PM.

ES isn't really cheap in the States either and I don't see how the Rochas or the other recommendations are cheaper either. Perhaps Monseiur Balmain? It is cheaper but maybe a little warmer.
    Still, depending on which one is a better deal for you, I personally would go with Armani, Rochas or Lancme.

- - - Updated - - -

ES isn't really cheap in the States either and I don't see how the Rochas or the other recommendations are cheaper either. Perhaps Monseiur Balmain? It is cheaper but maybe a little warmer.
    Still, depending on which one is a better deal for you, I personally would go with Armani, Rochas or Lancme.

Parah Man would be a lighter version IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    Eau Sauvage Parfum is not an EdP version of ES - it's a completely different fragrance.

Eau de Guerlain is a bit cheaper, but though they may be in the same neighborhood, not really very similar.

As others have mentioned, there are other light citrusy fragrances out there, but the ones I know don't remind me of ES.

Escentual has a 50ml bottle for 37.
    Thanks for pointing that out - i often type this wrong - pure parfum of ES & Terre de Hermes's parfum version, both of which i end up typing edp and i know its wrong...but yes, i am totally aware and agree that the pure parfum of ES is nowhere close to ES EDT...both are diff and i enjoy both for what they are!

If you can get Aeroplane by Detaille on sale, it is less money and much better than Eau Sauvage. I would act quickly as it is not very popular and thus, not likely to be in the states very long.