Code of Conduct

Default gucci pour homme II review

i made my own sample a few nights ago at nordstrom...no one was around the counter so i decided to make my own small decant..almost spilled it snapping the cap on...anyway back to the review.....i had a date today with this girl...we went to the gym together and then out to eat after....applied 1 spray to my l wrist and 1 spray to my r sleve of my sweater at around 4pm after showering after my workout and swim..i must admit i did read the note breakdown on this frag and it does not smell like what you would expect....what i smell is a slight sweet opening and the drydown is sweet/powdery with light musk and the faintest amount of woods...i found this fragrance to be pleasing and wearable and a safe choice for my date...went out to eat at a nice french/thai restaurant in south jersey after......as i type this now it is mostly a skin scent...

i cant believe all these people that typed reviews in the review section are actually smelling all the notes that are listed.

i do not smell any tea or cinnamon or cardamon or anything spicy like many other reviewers have stated

basicly for me it is a very light, slightly sweet, slightly powdery...slightly white musk, slight hint of light wood............

date went OK...

she did not mention my scent...although pregnant women are supposed to have super sensitive noses...although i was in the pool and just rinsed off under the shower head because i forgot my soap and shampoo so my hair and skin smells slightly of pool chemicals as well
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Default Re: gucci pour homme II review

If you can't smell cinnamon in GPHII, you are missing one of your senses.

If the final result is that you like it, you will eventually get it, if not, you won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    If you can't smell cinnamon in GPHII, you are missing one of your senses.
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by lanky View Post
    although pregnant women are supposed to have super sensitive noses
    Did you just say that you went on a date with a pregnant woman?

All I get is Cinnamon and Tea at the top.....
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

I really wanted to like this scent, but from sniffing it on my arm it was just way too citrusy for me. Will have to give it a full wearing some time.

I cannot dissect notes at all but all I can smell is tangerine candy and I am a fan.

I may have thought of those Red Hots candies, . I like the frag. Got a decant and a bottle.

Also, yeah... you went on a date with a pregnant chick?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    I really wanted to like this scent, but from sniffing it on my arm it was just way too citrusy for me. Will have to give it a full wearing some time.
    I'm really surprised at this. I blind bought it recntly and get no citrus whatsoever.Not in the opening, not in the heart, not in the basenotes. Nothing. What I do get is cinnamon,a little tea and violet. Lots and lots of violet. A friggin truckload of suffocating violet. This was a big disappointment for me as don't like violet. I gave it to a female friend who loves it.

I absolutely adore GPHII but i am about to give up on it.It constantly leaves me wanting more.I am waiting until it gets warmer and (fingers crossed)i hope it lasts a bit longer and projects better.As far as notes go i get the tea but no cinnamon to speak of.

Banned
    Blog Entries

99% of people you come across won't mention anything about what you're wearing, because it's just not socially appropriate most of the time.

GPHII does have spotty longevity and weak projection at times (though sometimes I wear it and it's a powerhouse, I swear). I actually get most of the notes listed.

My only concern with this fragrance is that the bergamot note is a little bit too strong.

[QUOTE=noirdrakkar;2856006]99% of people you come across won't mention anything about what you're wearing, because it's just not socially appropriate most of the time.

This!!!

Irrespective of any exterior feedback, this scent is in my opinion a good one and the review also describes it accurately.

Did you just say that you went on a date with a pregnant woman?
    And took her to a gym? Smooth.

I get a strong tea vibe at the top and then it dries down to a very warm, gentle scent. Perfect for a crowded environment; I wear this to class regularly.

It's spiced black tea, violet leaf, and a touch of tobacco. One of the best.

All i want to know is 'why did you go on a date with a pregnant woman ?'

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyv View Post
    all i want to know is 'why did you go on a date with a pregnant woman ?'
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    It's spiced black tea, violet leaf, and a touch of tobacco. One of the best.
    THIS. Initially, it's spiced tea with violet leaf, but I get tobacco later on. GphII is a work of art. It's excellent in terms of versatility, yet it has plenty of personality.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyv View Post
    All i want to know is 'why did you go on a date with a pregnant woman ?'
    But other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was your evening at the theater?
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Dependent

I always wondered what I would wear on a date with a preggo girl. Probably because I can't imagine a circumstance of that happening.

You couldn't smell the tea in it? That's really surprising.

I couldn't recognize the tea note either, although I admit that I'm not looking for it. So, if it is there, its not blatant to me.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

To me, the violet leaf clashes with everything else & ruins it. I just don't like the juxtaposition of the green fresh note against an oriental/spicy fragrance. If the violet leaf was removed, it would be much better. (I like the late drydown, but just don't care for the clashing discordant notes in the top).

Really liked it, but longevity was horrid. I had to reluctantly pass it on.