Code of Conduct

Default Confirmed Lady Gaga FAME fake!

Hello, I just recently ordered from Ebay (yes I know, stupid choice) for Lady Gaga FAME. It was a bid actually so I thought it was legit.
    I noticed it was a fake IMMEDIATELY when I got it.
    I have provided comparison photos for you all.

For all you Lady Gaga lovers, here is a way to know if your FAME is fake.

*the left photos are the real one. my label was upside down when I got it from Sephora so dont worry about that.

Default Re: Confirmed Lady Gaga FAME fake!

Fame is so readily available and not very expensive. Why on earth would anyone buy it from ebay?

Because i was using BML to pay and I dont know of any site (besides discount ones) that use it

tylertremallose, thanks for posting all the pictures. This post will help a lot of people. Are they going to give you a refund?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    Fame is so readily available and not very expensive. Why on earth would anyone buy it from ebay?
    No need to be rude.
    It's been a long hot Summer in Sydney, looking forward to Winter & wearing vanilla fragrances.

Just out of curiosity I dug out an empty 50ml with box, an empty 100ml with box and a full 100ml with box and found some interesting results.

1. Empty 50ml with box- Logo on gold rim, serial number stamped on outer cellophane. No juice to compare. (Macy's)

2. Empty 100ml with box- Logo on gold rim, serial number stamped on barcode. Colour of juice (approx 3mls) is greenish. (Macy's)

3. Full 100ml with box- Logo on gold rim, no serial number on barcode or cellophane. Colour of juice is purplish. (Strawberrynet)

All 3 have the words "Black Fluid" embossed in black on the box and look exactly the same.

Conclusions:
    -Its entirely possible the greenish colour is attributed to the fact that the juice is older.
    -Its possible that the serial numbers are just inconsistent given that the 2 from Macy's are different, and Strawberrynet is different again.
    -As for the logo on the gold rim, that comes off as rather questionable.

What does it smell like to you?

P.S. Only the 100ml size has the heavy gold cap, the 50ml has the plastic one.
    P.P.S. Discovered that the Strawberrynet one has a different box. Its white cardboard on the inside whereas the 2 Macy's ones have black cardboard inside.

Left to right: 50ml Macy's, 100ml Macy's, 100ml Strawberrynet (the gold sticker on Strawberrynet one was put there by me)

lg1.jpg

lg2.jpg
    Last edited by L'eaulita; 24th February 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L'eaulita View Post
    Just out of curiosity I dug out an empty 50ml with box, an empty 100ml with box and a full 100ml with box and found some interesting results.

Empty 50ml with box- Logo on gold rim, serial number stamped on outer cellophane. No juice to compare. (Macy's)
    Empty 100ml with box- Logo on gold rim, serial number stamped on barcode. Colour of juice (approx 3mls) is greenish. (Macy's)
    Full 100ml with box- Logo on gold rim, no serial number on barcode or cellophane. Colour of juice is purplish. (Strawberrynet)

All 3 have the words "Black Fluid" embossed in black on the box and look exactly the same.

Its entirely possible the greenish colour is attributed to the fact that the juice is older.
    Its possible that the serial numbers are just inconsistent given that the 2 from Macy's are different.
    As for the logo on the gold rim, that comes off as questionable.

What does it smell like to you?

It smells NOTHING like the 1.7oz.
    At first I cant really smell anything and then it drys down to a kinda spicy woodsy smell.
    The liquid is also grey in the 3.4oz, not black like the 1.7oz

The box on the 1.7oz, the letters are kinda raised but the 3.4oz they arent.
    not sure if you can see the comparison in the photos with that part

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=KeLLsTar;2855917]tylertremallose, thanks for posting all the pictures. This post will help a lot of people. Are they going to give you a refund?

the seller offered to send a prepaid label to send it back for a refund.
    also ive been reading that fakes have a longer stem inside. thats another reason why i held it up to the light because the stem is WAY longer and bent and the color is not the same.

Just checked my stems and they're all the same length and size. I just noticed the attachment at the top of your stems are different too. The smell test is usually the biggest giveaway though, and it sounds like yours is very questionable if its not smelling the same. Good luck with getting your money back, hopefully the seller will be prompt so you can get yourself a legit bottle.

I am now wondering why my box from Strawberrynet is different It smells the same and everything else appears to be kosher.

Don't send it back, it may get "lost" in the post & they'll have an excuse not to refund you &/or sending it back might be illegal depending on your country. Also, they'll just sell it to someone else. Demand they give you a refund.

Read this blog, it's quite interesting; http://www.dino.co.uk/labs/2011/how-...-mademoiselle/ & destroying perfume video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4nkjlfarEg
    It's been a long hot Summer in Sydney, looking forward to Winter & wearing vanilla fragrances.

the seller saw the photos and refunded me and said to keep the bottle and throw it away if i wish.

All's well that ends well tylertremallose! I hope they do the right thing & send them back to wherever they bought them from.
    Last edited by KeLLsTar; 25th February 2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling!

Quote Originally Posted by tylertremallose View Post
    the seller saw the photos and refunded me and said to keep the bottle and throw it away if i wish.
    That was nice.

Thank you for posting this. The Lady Gaga bottle is a rather fancy one, so one would presume it would be hard to fake.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.