Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SOTD Sunday 24th February, 2013.

What I've Been Wearing:

Good afternoon, everyone!

I'm feeling very spoiled today. After another great morning of tennis with Tony (I'm hoping he'll want to make a regular date of it) and a wonderful lunch of the best crab salad in the world accompanied by several spicy Bloody Marys, I made a lemon meringue pie using one of my dad's Meyer lemons (it only takes one - they're super juicy and huge,) and now I'm showered and in a fresh cloud of Chanel 1932, and we're fixin' to eat that yummy pie and watch Shakespeare in Love since it's my turn to pick. He even agreed to watch the Oscars with me later ...we're keeping our fingers crossed that Beasts of the Southern Wild comes home with at least one.

Y'all enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Happy Birthday, lucasai!!

I've spent last night and today testing my Ramon Monegal samples. I picked up Mon Cuir, Entre Naranjos, Mon Patchouly, Impossible Iris, and Cuirelle. I've tried them all.

I really like three out of the five. And of those three, I've already fallen head-over-heels, irretrievably in love with one of them. So much so that I've ordered a full bottle. The other two I'll get decants of and then decide, but I know I'm already leaning toward another full bottle. Gah! My poor bank account!

Anyone want to venture a guess on which one captured my heart? The answer may surprise you....
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 24th February 2013 at 11:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Życzymy bardzo happy birthday, Lucas.

Went to an art show at work today. They have some paintings of mine & my daughter and some of my photography.

Wore my favorite Hermes, L'Ambra des Merveilles. This hasn't gotten too much attention but I adore it.

Extreme K..I will guess Cuirelle? Or the Iris? RM is really nice, do try Ambra Di Luna when you get a chance, that is, if you are a fan of amber.

Happy B-day Lucas!

RHM, would love to see some of your work!

Sotd, Bottega Veneta..though I think it may be confirmed that I have reactions to oakmoss. Bummer deal. I dig oakmoss.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Anyone want to venture a guess on which one captured my heart? The answer may surprise you....
    Congrats on your new bottle of Ramon Monegal, I'll guess Mon Patchouly.

ExtremeK, I will venture a guess...Cuirelle?

Well, L'Eau d'Hiver wasn't considerate enough to hang around so I joined Lucas and PerfumedLady in Iris Pallida for this afternoon!

Evangeline what a wonderful day you are having, good for you!

Basenotes Plus

Mrs E, you have me salivating . I love a good spicy Bloody Mary, and Lemon Meringue Pie is one of my absolute favourite desserts. You may just have tempted me to indulge with one or both over the next few days.

Congrats on your new RM, ExtremeK - I'm torn between guessing Impossible Iris, Mon Patchouly, or Cuirelle

Blog Entries

Mmmmm, lemon meringue pie...drool...

l'm guessing Cuirelle.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Jasmin Noir by Bulgari

Kalli, so sorry about your oakmoss reaction. That's such a disappointment when you find something you like.

The three RMs that I liked very much are Entre Naranjos, Cuirelle, and Impossible Iris. Mon Cuir and Mon Patchouly were absolute scrubbers on me. Train wrecks on my skin.

As for the full-bottle ...

For those of you who guessed Cuirelle ... it was an understandable guess. I think cello and teardrop specifically urged me to try Cuirelle; given my love for Daim Blond, they were right on target. But that wasn't it.

OH MY GOSH, IT'S FINALLY HAPPENED!!!

I'VE FOUND AN IRIS I CAN WEAR. AND NOT ONLY CAN I WEAR IT, I ADORE IT!

Teardrop, Jon, Whitefluffy, and Foustie, your mini-reviews on Impossible Iris are just spot on. It's a happy iris, it sparkles, it's LOVELY!

I've finally figured out what the initial opening blast reminds me of -- the purple ink smell of the old mimeograph tumblers. And that makes me love it even more.

Well good evening, good smelling persons, and very happy birthday to Lucasai.

Neil Morris Prowl today. We braved the mall to get my daughter some graduation pictures. I had a little bit of bedhead going on, my hair was big and, well, it's florida so natural hair always has some frizz here, so the woman at the kisosk with the hair irons practically chased me, it was a little bit terrifying. This particular mall is interesting though, there is a tattoo shop (who in the world gets a tatto at the MALL?) and fair rides in the middle of it, it is sort of a little world.

Blog Entries

Serge Lutens Un Lys for me today.

Congrats on that I.I. Extreme K, it's a well done iris..many agree.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Blog Entries

ExtremeK, thanks for the mention, but l cannot take any credit for recommending the RMs to you, as l have not tried them!
    Just a half-educated guess on the Cuirelle. But l'm happy for you that you found an unexpected new love!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Jasmin Noir by Bulgari

Happy birthday Lucasai!

Cristalle eau verte again for me (I didn't bring any bottles on holiday, and I'm saving the ones I bought to open at home!)