Code of Conduct

Default Fake montales on ebay (beware)

Apparently , I just found out from a seller online that apparently there are fake montales online. I had inquired about Aoud Lime , and this is the response I got :

Hello dear and thank you for your interest,we have here two store they sell Montale in Kuwait, one sells the fake one and the other sells the original one.
    if you want to buy the original ones I will have about 20 items form Montale by the end of this month.
    thank you

Default Re: Fake montales on ebay (beware)

I think people have been aware for quite a while now about the fake Montales online.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I think people have been aware for quite a while now about the fake Montales online.
    Ditto, but thank you again for reminding us of this.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I was not aware at all. Now I think the black aoud I have is fake because it does not have the monster longevity and sillage people talk about!

I wasn't aware, either.

Are there any tips to look out for in identifying fake Montales? Usually I guffaw at all the "OMG, my item is a fake!" thread but now the paranoia's leaked into my brain, too, or so it seems. I can't find any threads on this, so apologies if it's an annoying question.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/281969-Montale-Amouage-Gengis-Khan-Musk-Oils-Micallef-Manufacturer-Samples-etc."]Pure Havane and Misc Samples[/URL]

[URL="http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=696"]What's this, an offsite link to more sales?[/URL]

This is new to me too. I mean it's not difficult to fill an empty Montale bottle, either if it's 50ml or 100ml with some fancy house made oud, lol, and sell it on eBay, but a whole shop selling fake bottles is a different story.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Yeah, count me in as someone who had no idea there were fake Montales. Didn't think these were popular enough to bother faking. About to order some samples of their stuff, and will be sure to order from a reputable source if I get any full bottles. Strange.

I found it cheapest to just order direct from Montale it was only 266 shipped to Las Vegas and I got two 100ml one of Red Aoud and one of Taj and they also sent 10ml bottles of blue amber and greyland.

Very respectable deal and authentic, customer service was great and fast.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

I've seen this Kuwait supplier on ebay, and figured something was up them. They have over 300 100ml bottles for sale for $120 each.

I'll buy from Luckyscent if I decide to get some.

You can get the 100ml's directly from Montale for around 110-$115 it's cheaper than anything else I have seen and shipping all the way to Vegas was only like 28 bucks or something. Not to mention I have nice small bottles of other scents to sample, that's 220 ml's of juice for $266 shipped right from Montale.

This is one house I think it pays to just do direct business with and they were very friendly.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    You can get the 100ml's directly from Montale for around 110-$115 it's cheaper than anything else I have seen and shipping all the way to Vegas was only like 28 bucks or something. Not to mention I have nice small bottles of other scents to sample, that's 220 ml's of juice for $266 shipped right from Montale.

This is one house I think it pays to just do direct business with and they were very friendly.
    Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely go through them when I decide on a full bottle. I have no experience with Montale, so I'm planning on doing some extensive sampling before settling on one.

edit
    Last edited by vinramani09; 9th October 2011 at 04:18 AM. Reason: edit

Basenotes Institution

I was not aware ! Thanks for this.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I know I think the black aoud I got is fake , because it just lasts a few hours on me lol . Yes the guy was from kuwait , so becareful. I know Zara's is safe though, I ordered some rasasis from her before , I have not bought montales but she keeps proper catalogues on her website and is a licensed dealer. Unless anyone else has a difference experience.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I was not aware at all. Now I think the black aoud I have is fake because it does not have the monster longevity and sillage people talk about!
    I feel for you, man! Black Aoud without out-of-this-world longevity and sillage can't be real

Thanks for this thread, I was unaware!

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of the fakes.

AromiErotici

Never heard this before. What ebay seller are you referring to?

I 2nd that ^^

I've never tried black oud before but it might not be fake. Everyone says that A*men is a projection and longevity monster but 3 sprays isn't noticeable on me after like 7-8 hours. This is with applying lotion right after getting out of the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Regrett View Post
    I 2nd that ^^

I've never tried black oud before but it might not be fake. Everyone says that A*men is a projection and longevity monster but 3 sprays isn't noticeable on me after like 7-8 hours. This is with applying lotion right after getting out of the shower.
    Don't apply the lotion. There was some other thread on here a while back that had an interview with Roja Dove talking about moisturizers actually corroding fragrances if they're put on first. Skip the lotion and see if it changes the longevity issues.

Are you sure it wasn't the other way around, the alcohol from the fragrance corroding the lotion? When I put it on after it dries, it feels like I am waisting some of the scent because after applying lotion, my hands retain some of the scent. AND I apply slowly without causing too much friction.

I know this might be a stupid question to ask, but have you considered when you stored it, if it has been exposed to light? The other alternative is that some fragrances just dont work well with your skin.
    Last edited by Regrett; 15th September 2011 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Regrett View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't the other way around, the alcohol from the fragrance corroding the lotion? When I put it on after it dries, it feels like I am waisting some of the scent because after applying lotion, my hands retain some of the scent. AND I apply slowly without causing too much friction.

I know this might be a stupid question to ask, but have you considered when you stored it, if it has been exposed to light? The other alternative is that some fragrances just dont work well with your skin.

Just fast forward to the 14 minute mark and go from there. He talks about the alcohol in the fragrance breaking the cream down or something like that. I guess the cream doesn't break down the fragrance as I first thought, now that I'm watching it, but he recommends putting the fragrance on first, and then the cream afterwards. I don't use any moisturizers or anything like that so I can't test his statements, but give it a shot yourself and see how it turns out.

Thanks for the video! I have always done lotions first, then scent. Will have to flip it to see if it affects longevity on me.

Please remember to report back :-)

I want to start seeing some pics of the fakes just out of curiosity! I have heard of a few fakes but never have actually seen the photographic evidence of what to look for etc on these.

I am sticking to directly ordering it's cheaper than anything I have found but if you do find some fakes please put that info out !

Hi, if one wants to know how a fake Montale actually looks like image.jpgimage.jpg
    take a look at the ebay seller abujouda and the Montales he's selling. I bought Black Aoud (tried to buy actually) and received an obvious fake.
    Gold on top of the bottle instead of black, cheap looking box, and the juice...terrible. No sillage at all, and projection for only 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Horst45 View Post
    Hi, if one wants to know how a fake Montale actually looks like image.jpgimage.jpg
    take a look at the ebay seller abujouda and the Montales he's selling. I bought Black Aoud (tried to buy actually) and received an obvious fake.
    Gold on top of the bottle instead of black, cheap looking box, and the juice...terrible. No sillage at all, and projection for only 30 minutes.
    Are you saying abujouda sells fake Montales?
    Summer 2014 rotation:
    1. L'eau d'Issey Summer Edition 2012
    2. Polo Sport
    3. Nikos Sculpture Homme
    4. Versace pour Homme
    5. Dior Homme Sport
    6. YSL L'Homme
    7. Cool Water (oh yea!!)
    8. Millesime Imperial
    9. Ciel Man

Wanted: bottle of Montale Intense Cafe and Aoud Leather.

The one I received is a fake, yes. Do you know this seller? What's your opinion?

The one I received is a fake, yes. Do you know this seller? What's your opinion?
    He was recommended in this thread by other members. Based on that I bought Aoud & Pine a few days ago from him.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/373...s-and-thoughts

How did you get your issue resolved?
    Summer 2014 rotation:
    2. Polo Sport
    3. Nikos Sculpture Homme
    4. Versace pour Homme
    5. Dior Homme Sport
    6. YSL L'Homme
    7. Cool Water (oh yea!!)
    8. Millesime Imperial
    9. Ciel Man

Actually I started to solve the issue an hour ago writing a message to abujouda (now waiting for an answer). That's pretty strange that so many people recommend this seller. Maybe that's just a case of my 'black aoud'? Well I'm pretty confused right now. One thing I can tell for sure: the Black Aoud I bought in Paris is a completely different than abujouda's. Different in this case means that the scent is famous for being a sillage monster; the one I just got is a sillage joke.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post

Hello dear and thank you for your interest,we have here two store they sell Montale in Kuwait, one sells the fake one and the other sells the original one.
    Report them immediately and send the original E-mail as evidence. We all pay top coin for our fragrances and, it is in our best interest to stop the criminally minded whenever we encounter them.
    My sale thread
    Current top 10 (in no particular order)
    Guerlain Habit Rouge
    Nobile 1942 PonteVecchio
    Roaj Vetiver Pour Homme Extrait
    MDCI Chypre Palatin
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Hermes Bel Ami Vetiver
    Xerjoff Homme
    Creed Neroli Sauvage
    Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Amouage Opus VII

Actually I started to solve the issue an hour ago writing a message to abujouda (now waiting for an answer). That's pretty strange that so many people recommend this seller. Maybe that's just a case of my 'black aoud'? Well I'm pretty confused right now. One thing I can tell for sure: the Black Aoud I bought in Paris is a completely different than abujouda's. Different in this case means that the scent is famous for being a sillage monster; the one I just got is a sillage joke.
    Keep us informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Viffer View Post

Report them immediately and send the original E-mail as evidence. We all pay top coin for our fragrances and, it is in our best interest to stop the criminally minded whenever we encounter them.
    Thread is from 2011
    Summer 2014 rotation:
    2. Polo Sport
    3. Nikos Sculpture Homme
    4. Versace pour Homme
    5. Dior Homme Sport
    6. YSL L'Homme
    7. Cool Water (oh yea!!)
    8. Millesime Imperial
    9. Ciel Man

Quote Originally Posted by noFragsleft View Post
    Keep us informed.

Thread is from 2011
    Hahahahahahaha... Too much of the old Vino for me .
    My sale thread
    Current top 10 (in no particular order)
    Guerlain Habit Rouge
    Nobile 1942 PonteVecchio
    Roaj Vetiver Pour Homme Extrait
    MDCI Chypre Palatin
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Hermes Bel Ami Vetiver
    Xerjoff Homme
    Creed Neroli Sauvage
    Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Amouage Opus VII

I started this thread 3 years ago. AbuJouda is 100% legit, I have bought several times from him including Montale Aoud and pine, which was fine.
    His Montales are made by Atmeh's Montale Intl Design not Montale Paris.

Even though Abujouda is fine (bought one from him with no problem) my advice is use: "Busoud2012" (out of Bahrain - more reliable and efficient although hasn't listed lately) for your Middle East exclusive Montales. For all others, get them from other locales or through normal distribution retailers. Just my two cents.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.