Code of Conduct

Default dior homme intense(vintage) vs reformulation vs dior homme

What is the really big difference between the three?
    projection, longetivity, sillage, scent

Default Re: dior homme intense(vintage) vs reformulation vs dior homme

I have vintage DHI and the reformulated DH. I have sampled new DHI and it really is a pale shadow of the vintage. Whilst the vintage is dense, with moderate silage and excellent longevity, the reformulated stuff is very thin.

I actually prefer the reformulated DH to both the others, but have not tried the vintage so cannot compare.

I have the original release but honestly don't notice any great differences with what's available now.

Got vintage and tried reformulated DHI and seems the same, just a fraction of a difference, hopefully will try vintage DH too

- - - Updated - - -

Got vintage and tried reformulated DHI and seems the same, just a fraction of a difference, hopefully will try vintage DH too

Banned
    Blog Entries

Dior Homme was reformulated too I believe, based on my experience.

It's not nearly as magical as I remember it to be. Much drier and spicier, and much less smooth and calm.

What a lot of people will tell you is that between DHI and DHI vintage, the vintage is more powerful in longevity, projection, and sillage; has a bolder smell and is all around a better EDP than the 2011+ ones.

Between DH and DH vintage I'm quite surprised, as a lot will tell you that the reformulated one actually smells better although I've never tried myself.

I suggest you go sample and go by your nose
    Last edited by Silent_Ninja; 8th May 2013 at 06:11 PM.

I have the reformulated DH and its a great fragrance with good longevety and projection, i have tried the vintage too which is great too but little less powerful. The vintage DH has more iris and the reformulation has more coco so....

I have not smelled vintage DHI

But I do own vintage DH and reformulated DHI.

I prefer vintage DH to reform DHI. I can actually do without DHI it isn't as grand as many may have you think. DH is far more complex imo.

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    I have not smelled vintage DHI

But I do own vintage DH and reformulated DHI.

I prefer vintage DH to reform DHI. I can actually do without DHI it isn't as grand as many may have you think. DH is far more complex imo.
    I would have to agree with what he is saying. I bought a bottle of DHI last week and I compared to my vintage DH. The vintage DH is hands down much better. DHI is just so boring and you barely notice as it transform. With the DH you will notice every stage as it changes.

Its basically the Cacao.

The pre-formulation (lets not start throwing around the word vintage for something
    that was launched in 2007), has a very accurate and vanillic cacao, very natural.

The re-formuation has more of the "cacao like" sweetness right off the top, but the
    difference to the average recepient of the fragrance should be negligible. It is equally
    good and you shouldnt try to find out the differences unless youve got 200$ plus to
    spend (you WILL get tempted to buy it) even though as I said, the difference is not
    worth the extra 100 $.

The Dior homme pre-formulation version is more about the iris, a muted caco and a
    luxurious base of leather.

While the re-formulated dior homme is more about the cacao and is quite simillar
    to the intense version.

Fantastic review! Well put