Code of Conduct

Default Need another Montal and a Guerlain as I only have one each

I so love Montal Patchouli Leaves and would like some recommendations for another Montal.

I love how PL starts only a tad bit astringent, then moves to chocolate, then the patch so luscious and reminiscent with a nice sweet tinge of sweetness from the amber just glorifies the entire symphony. I want another scent that does these types of things!

An Oud recommendation....I don't know (ones i like are MFK, Oud Wood and especially especially Dior Ispahan, although I don't like rosť, because of Windsor) I hate Dior Leather Oud or any urine fecal scents period.

2nd! The Guerlain. Tonka Imperial or SDV? Yes I've read the threads and the battles. Would Tonka Imperial be redundant If I already have Chergui, Pure Havane, original formula Jergens Lotion...yeah that bitter almond cherry note hit me. Beluga was too weak for me, Eau Duelle and Un Bois Vanilla may fill that Beluga spot.

What are some things I'm missing? Where does the wardrobe go from here Thanks Everyone!

Default Re: Need another Montal and a Guerlain as I only have one each

Montale Aoud Forest

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Montale Aoud Forest
    As i am cluesless to this scent i see it shares notes with the dior i mentioned above. Is this a bit like Dior Ispahan or totally different? Diversity would be good for me, as I hate getting scent that smell like something I already have.

Edit. Oops. X the above comment hednic, I had the wrong pyramid Thanks Bub.
    Last edited by paradigm; 5th April 2013 at 03:29 AM.

Basenotes Plus

I'm going to go out on a limb, Guerlain Songe d'un Bois d'Ete or Encens Mythique from the Les Deserts d'Orient collection.

While I really like SDV and Tanka Imperial, the Les Deserts are extra special IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb, Guerlain Songe d'un Bois d'Ete or Encens Mythique from the Les Deserts d'Orient collection.

While I really like SDV and Tanka Imperial, the Les Deserts are extra special IMHO.
    Just checked out Fumehood's review on this scent and this looks very interesting. Plus, I really like Cardamom. I also like Declaration, in doses, from time to time. That bottle is also crazy swank.

"I love how PL starts only a tad bit astringent, then moves to chocolate, then the patch so luscious and reminiscent with a nice sweet tinge of sweetness from the amber just glorifies the entire symphony. I want another scent that does these types of things!"

You should try Montale Red Aoud, it's sweet and gourmandish. I wouldn't buy either if those Guerlains, my preference is for Cuir Beluga.

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    I so love Montal Patchouli Leaves and would like some recommendations for another Montal.
    Aoud Musk
    Dark Aoud

2nd! The Guerlain. Tonka Imperial or SDV?
    SDV

Would Tonka Imperial be redundant If I already have Chergui, Pure Havane, original formula Jergens Lotion...
    No.

What are some things I'm missing? Where does the wardrobe go from here Thanks Everyone!
    TF Tobacco Vanille
    some Amouage
    maybe some Nasomatto

Comme des Garcons have a lot to offer! EdP Frederic Malle also make some splendid scents.
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    "I love how PL starts only a tad bit astringent, then moves to chocolate, then the patch so luscious and reminiscent with a nice sweet tinge of sweetness from the amber just glorifies the entire symphony. I want another scent that does these types of things!"

You should try Montale Red Aoud, it's sweet and gourmandish. I wouldn't buy either if those Guerlains, my preference is for Cuir Beluga.
    I've certainly got to try Red Aoud, thanks! As I get a lot of chocolate in Patchouli Leaves, does Red Aoud share the same chocolate? I am looking to add something distinctively different from PL.

I've certainly got to try Red Aoud, thanks! As I get a lot of chocolate in Patchouli Leaves, does Red Aoud share the same chocolate? I am looking to add something distinctively different from PL.
    I don't get any chocolate from Red Aoud, it is nothing like Patch Leaves. I used to own PL, but ended up selling it and kept Red Aoud. RA has a distinct food like quality to it, but strangely I don't smell any chocolate or vanilla.

I think Dark Aoud , Black Aoud, Aoud Musk, Attar are the best Montales period. Red Aoud is nice but I found it too gourmand and smells exactly like caramel popcorn. Aoud Forest is good but it has a pinesol note which most would be turned off by.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I think Dark Aoud , Black Aoud, Aoud Musk, Attar are the best Montales period. Red Aoud is nice but I found it too gourmand and smells exactly like caramel popcorn. Aoud Forest is good but it has a pinesol note which most would be turned off by.
    Thanks for the heads up about the pinesol, not a big pine lover anyway. Sounds like I need to try all these, Red Aoud included. Thanks. Any thoughts about a Guerlain? Anyone