Code of Conduct

Thread: Jour d'Hermes

Default Jour d'Hermes

The packaging is beautiful - white box with the gracious imprint.

Voyage d'Hermes aesthetically was nice to smell, however it is unwearable unless you want to smell like hard chemical laundry cleaner.

Jour d'Hermes smells synthetic. Soft and shy white flowers with a synthetic Hermes perfumes' base.
    Totally irrelevant and very weak (sillage, staying power) scent. If somebody would like to smell of transparent white flowers, would better choose a real thing - Chanel Beige.

Hermes should invest more money into formula, not the packaging and bottle.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Default Re: Jour d'Hermes

My wife didn't care much for this one when she tried it.

Neither did I - nice evolvement experience, longevity a problem for me, def. artificial.

Basenotes Plus

I have to disagree with you guys, it's not a masterpiece but I liked it. A sort of a modern aldehydic floral, withought the aldehydes of course. I liked the floral bouquet, somewhat remiscent of Vanille Galante, the way it is rich but very light and clean, a modern take on white flowers for commercial perfumery.
    Its fresh and bright great for spring summer, and I dont find it synthetic smelling at all. A nice fragrance made for the 20 something up-scale commercial market.

I have to say that its much better the most designer releases these days...

I agree with Smelly Beast; I find this to be a very amiable perfume. It smells cheerful, radiant, somewhat like rich sunlight, not to be overly poetic about it. I don't find it to be overly synthetic and certainly not banal. It would be a lovely women's floral for spring and summer.

Basenotes Plus

It's definitely "green". I found it quite polarizing; one minute I loved it & the next I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. It will be someone's "holy grail".....just not mine.

Its an excellent, filler.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Institution

Interesting since Jean Claude Ellena has been very vocal about his hated of 'detergent' like aromachemicals.

I still haven't smelled this yet...
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Haven't tried it.

My daughter's birthday is in a couple weeks, so I took the opportunity to test this out yesterday. Based on just a test strip, I gotta agree (partially) with Dreamer. It's a pleasant enough scent, but quite weak. The bottle, however, is absolutely outstanding.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

I tried this today at Bloomingdale's. The top is a zingy, tart lime with white flowers and some green, pleasant and invigorating. Very white and very sour, but ok for what it is. Unfortunately, within a minute, on my skin it turns into an uninspiring clean, somewhat sour, laundry musk, which doesn't last too long anyway (I hear a report of 9 hour - I must be anosmic to whatever musk is used here-or my skin just eats it). Uninspiring, but then, not that we've come to expect much from mainstream releases. At least, there's no obvious linden (as in the recent oscar de la renta white thing).

cacio

The dry down did not work for me. A friend who works in a UK department store had pre release orders for bottles of it.
    DONNA

Irina kindly posted this in another thread
    Boisdejasmin.com/2012/02/the-price-of-luxury-perfume-1.html