Code of Conduct

Exclamation Caline, Jean Patou ~ Wonderful Drydown

I can't believe how beautiful this fragrance is.
    I recently bought a vintage deodorant spray, (in a metal can).
    I have tried this fragrance before and was never overly impressed, but I still collect it because of its rarity.
    I sprayed the deodorant about 2 hours ago. Now something magical has happened.
    The drydown of this fragrance is incredible. It reminds me very much of the drydown of vintage L'Heure Bleue. It's very powdery and rich just like LB.
    Has anyone else noticed the (drydown) similarities ? The beginning to my nose is completely different from LB.
    The drydown on this one has blown me away !!!!!
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: Caline, Jean Patou ~ Wonderful Drydown

I don't know this one but the reputation of the classics from the Patou line in conjunction with the difficulty in finding them, makes me frightened to fall for something which I may not find again. Glad you are enjoying!

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    I don't know this one but the reputation of the classics from the Patou line in conjunction with the difficulty in finding them, makes me frightened to fall for something which I may not find again. Glad you are enjoying!
    Thanks for your reply. Actually Caline seems to be available at a very reasonable price,(generally). I looked last night. There is a seller in the States who has a vintage sealed box for a good price. There is someone else who has the extrait, but for an extortionate price. If you are patient it will turn up. I do recommend trying Caline (not to be confused with the Caline from Gres).
    The opening is stereotypical from fargrances of that era, but the drydown is truly sensational and extraodinarily rich.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Blog Entries

caline.JPG This is such a well-kept secret. I just found a few vintage bottles on line, and I am sort of speechless. A mossy slightly iris and incredibly tasteful green powdery chypre. Sigh Right now I am wearing Eau de Caline, but I was also able to score a bit of the parfum.

Originally recommended for me by Le MdM courtesy of Nigel.
    Last edited by Fleurine; 31st October 2013 at 02:30 PM.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.