Code of Conduct

Default My wife LOVES Creed Aventus, but it's getting a bit common here - alternatives?

My wife just loves Aventus on me and I like it a lot as well, but I've started to notice it more and more on Bay Street, word has definitely gotten out. My current bottle is getting low so I thought I'd look around for a new but similar scent, something warm, fruity and spicy that's preferably fairly exclusive/expensive to minimize the chance that I'll run into anyone else wearing it.

Got any favourites in the vein as Aventus you'd like to share? Thanks!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My wife LOVES Creed Aventus, but it's getting a bit common here - alternatives?

New Haarlem, in terms of quality.

Default Re: My wife LOVES Creed Aventus, but it's getting a bit common here - alternatives?

Original Santal
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Imo if it keeps the missus happy, Aventus would have paid for itself many times over. Stick with it as getting something else 'like it' will only remind you what you're (both) missing.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtowork View Post
    My wife just loves Aventus on me and I like it a lot as well, but I've started to notice it more and more on Bay Street, word has definitely gotten out. My current bottle is getting low so I thought I'd look around for a new but similar scent, something warm, fruity and spicy that's preferably fairly exclusive/expensive to minimize the chance that I'll run into anyone else wearing it.

Got any favourites in the vein as Aventus you'd like to share? Thanks!
    Take Yonge street.

Problem solved
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Imo if it keeps the missus happy, Aventus would have paid for itself many times over. Stick with it as getting something else 'like it' will only remind you what you're (both) missing.
    Agree.

Agree with above, if you both like Aventus you should stick with it.

But why not add something new to your collection that works great in a professional setting , like Sycomore for example.
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    New Haarlem, in terms of quality.
    i'll take rochas, PM, or Amen anyday over New Haarlem!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Ha definitely true although she also loves some of my other daily frags like Bois d'Orage and Pure Oud - of course any recommendation here would have to meet with her approval!

Nothing quite like it I can think of --

Definately struggling to think of an alternative/similar, but warm/fruity/sweet = Pure Malt. Woody/masc/citrus = Platinum Egoiste

Worth a sniff.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mpecker3 View Post
    i'll take rochas, PM, or Amen anyday over New Haarlem!
    *gasp*

Overcome By Fumes

Clive Christian C for Men should be exclusive enough for you and it has every kind of note in the book listed in its composition.

Sound Scents

Royal Vintage by Micallef smells very similar... Then again you already own Aventus so it may be too close for you...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Agree.
    Agree +1 if you both like it, why change?

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Royal Vintage by Micallef smells very similar... Then again you already own Aventus so it may be too close for you...
    Nah, that's great - close but not TOO close is perfect, as my Aventus is almost out but we both like how it smells, I just don't like that it makes me smell like a couple of guys I come into contact with through work!