Code of Conduct

Default 4771 Original Cologne watch bottle - no box?

I picked up an all time classic today. The iconic 25ml 'watch bottle' set me back just pennies and will look great in my collection. It was sold to me without a box and none of the numerous Google images I turned up of this little splash bottle show it with a box either. Does anyone know if this cologne in this size is always sold unboxed? Cheers

Smelling good on a budget!

Default Re: 4771 Original Cologne watch bottle - no box?

I've never seen it in a box in the stores that sell it, so I assume it usually is sold without.

cacio

I've never seen it before. I have the 1 liter (33 oz) big splash bottle. I like to virtually bathe in cologne sometimes.

Also never seen it in a box.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielPlainview View Post
    I've never seen it before. I have the 1 liter (33 oz) big splash bottle. I like to virtually bathe in cologne sometimes.
    Sounds good! As lovely and classical as it is, I imagine you'd need half a bottle of 4711 in order to smell it after an hour. Would atomising it make any difference?

I use it sometimes in an atomizer when I go to the gym, and no, it's still a traditional eau de cologne, not a perfume, that is, it smells wonderful, refreshing, injects 5 minutes of fun in one's day, then bows out and leaves. One can repeat as necessary when the need arises.

cacio

I thought 4771 was going to be an updated version of 4711 hahaha
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    I thought 4771 was going to be an updated version of 4711 hahaha
    Oh crap... I hadn't even noticed that embarrassing glaring typo! Your highness clearly has far superior proof reading skills to my own! Lol

Loving cacio's description of '5 minutes of fun' - I'm all for that, but I'm beginning to wonder if I should've bought a bigger bottle!

Sorry VD, couldn't resist. I told you I had turned nasty haha.

You can always get a big bottle next time. No sprinkling it on those fabled pies lol.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

The gloves are off eh, Baz? I guess the Creed fanboys finally pushed you over the edge!

And actually, 4711 might be just the tonic for those pies - it's mostly lemon! Lemon and chilli... Nom.

Those fanboys are my nemesis. They need rounding up, locking them in a room and then sprayed with Kouros....or tied into electric chairs and watching images projected onto a screen and everytime an jmage of Olivier Creed appears, they would get a massive zap

Mmmmm, could be tasty, very, very tasty.

Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodanny View Post
    I picked up an all time classic today. The iconic 25ml 'watch bottle' set me back just pennies and will look great in my collection. It was sold to me without a box and none of the numerous Google images I turned up of this little splash bottle show it with a box either. Does anyone know if this cologne in this size is always sold unboxed? Cheers

Yes, don't worry, the small-size bottles of 4711 are always sold unboxed. At least in Europe.
    I have some of them; but recently I bought a 17 oz / 500 ml bottle and that one was in a bleu-green box.
    And yes once again, usually the atomiser changes the structure of a perfume / cologne - any of them, not only the old 4711.

I have a bigger bottle of 4711 somewhere. Very handy for cleaning eyeglasses and mirrors.

I wish they'd put out an Ultra-Intense version.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I wish they'd put out an Ultra-Intense version.
    I agree!

Interesting question (not quite new thread-worthy): What colognes out there, if any, might be close to an intense version of 4711?