Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Red face Those of you who display your collection on a vanity tray, could you share photos?

I love the aesthetic appeal of fragrances displayed on a vanity tray. I've been hunting for one on eBay and there have been a few heart-breakingly gorgeous ones (usually with a wallet-breaking price). Could you guys post some pictures of the trays you use and where you found it?

Inspiration photo example:

Last edited by VintagePoison; 25th February 2013 at 05:29 AM.

Default Re: Those of you who display your collection on a vanity tray, could you share photos?

I love it! It has class and is beautiful.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

Default Re: Those of you who display your collection on a vanity tray, could you share photos?

I've got one. I'll post it when I get home.

Max.

I too love fragrances displayed on beautiful trays and vanities. Unfortunately my room is too sunny and warm for such an indulgence so all my pretties are kept in the dark.

I once saw a footed tray that someone had rigged up to hold their sample vials- I fell in love with it and searched high and low for one, but they're nigh on impossible to find
    Last edited by L'eaulita; 25th February 2013 at 09:11 AM.

I love it too for the beauty aspect, but mine would need a sea of trays and would then get all dusty in our old house, so they are in a dark and cold cupboard in alphabetical order by house.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L'eaulita View Post
    I too love fragrances displayed on beautiful trays and vanities. Unfortunately my room is too sunny and warm for such an indulgence so all my pretties are kept in the dark.
    Same here. lt is a beautiful display, but it pains me to see all those lovelies exposed to so much light.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by L'eaulita View Post
    Unfortunately my room is too sunny and warm(
    Lol... I can only dream of that right now...... give me a teleporter... it's very frosty here thismorning.

It looks beautiful but unfortunately light exposure isn't great for maintaining the integrity of the scent, so I store mine in boxes in the cupboard. Its not very pretty though!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Same here. lt is a beautiful display, but it pains me to see all those lovelies exposed to so much light.
    I know, I was looking at the picture in the first post and was thinking that Calypso Mimosa is going to turn yellow in a week or so in that gorgeous tray!

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Lol... I can only dream of that right now...... give me a teleporter... it's very frosty here thismorning.
    *sends sunlight via telepath* I shouldn't complain, but its getting a bit tedious having to wear Summer frags all the time, grass is always greener, huh?

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure the tray was moved to a location with natural light just for the photo. I know sunlight isn't good for fragrances and I don't plan on putting mine in a place with sunlight. Still love the trays as a display! Anyone got one to share?

I would like to see more pictures.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

I like to see them displayed, too! (Even though I keep mine in a dark closet like contraband - that is so boring). I like the trays that have antique lace and embroidery under glass. I've seen old mirrors and picture frames repurposed into vanity trays, with vintage wallpaper or fabric laid under the glass of the frame. I quite like all that shabby chic stuff. It doesn't suit our house, but I like it the way little girls like rainbow ponies.

Mirin'. Show off ;P

Quote Originally Posted by smellgood4u View Post
    I would like to see more pictures.
    Mine aren't on a pretty tray..... re the title