Code of Conduct

Default Givenchy Play Intense,every bottle smells different on me?

Hello

ive tried this frag on my skin at the mall at sephora,and had an amazing coffee and brown suger like scent going on my skin.

ive tried it on my skin at many different places at different times and finally decided to buy it.

as soon as i recieved it after ordering it online at a discount,i made sure to check how old my bottle is by checking the batch code on a website called checkcosmetics.com and it turns out my batch is fresh and from mid 2012 and clearly authentic if it came up on the site.

my question for the GPI users is this,do you notice each bottle to be slightly different as far as scent? from testers all over the mall i would get alot of coffee and suger, but from the bottle i now own i mostly get a sweet powdery scent with a little bit of pink pepper and it barely lasts on my skin

quite bizarre,

any thoughts?
    Check out my Narciso Rodriguez for Him youtube review!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SImDN1VjOU

Default Re: Givenchy Play Intense,every bottle smells different on me?

I have owned only two bottles of this scent, as I pretty much like it. I didn't enjoy it as much initially, but with more wearings it started to grow on me. It's just a tad too sweet for me. Only thing I noticed with both bottles that I purchased is that I get a cake batter scent going on from my current bottle and my first bottle of this. Both bottles smell identical on me. Sometimes testers can be older if they have been around for awhile, so that could be a possibility. Which scent of this do you prefer the sweet powdery scent or the coffee and brown sugar one?

i much prefer the coffee and brown suger scent on me,it seems to last longer and smell better.

but funny enough i checked the testers batch code aswell and none of them are old,they all seem to have a few years of life left in them.its sucks because i find the coffee brown suger one to be a phenomenal frag and wish my bottle would smell like it

thanks for posting!

Was the coffee and brown sugar a tester? If it was, see if the store will sell the tester. Explain to them you like the smell of the tester more so then a regular bottle. They may break down and sell it to you. I have purchased testers in stores, and also online. Are you sure you didn't spray something else on the same place you sprayed this on? Maybe the two combined. How many different times did you get the coffee smell? Sorry for the questions. This is a tough one. I too tend to find the testers to smell differently for some odd reason as well. I purchased a tester of Narciso Rodriguez Musc several weeks ago, after hearing a lot of people say that it lasts a long time. I only got an hour out of it and could not for the life of me figure out why. Just out of being curious I went out and purchased a sealed bottle and box of the same scent, and I get almost triple the amount of wearing time with the one I purchased completely wrapped.

No worries as far as posting. You are welcome. If I can offer some advice on some thing that is what we are all here to do
    Last edited by djm; 25th February 2013 at 03:35 AM.

really bizarre how that works

i bought a tester on ebay of Narciso Rodrigues for him and it smells and performs amazingly.

very weird though because the testers of GPI have all smelled better then the BNIB GPI that i just bought.

also as i mentioned i checked the batch dates on both my own bottle as well as a tester from macys,and my bottle is about a year fresher from the tester.

each time i made sure to spray on a spot that didnt have anything else on it.

btw is you have an opinion on NRFH VS NR musc edition let me know cus i dnt have anywhere to sample musc

thanks

I like both of them almost equally as well. A lot of people say that NRFH is too dark of a scent and reminds them of death and really dark things. I do love it, but probably after the first 15 minutes or so. Musc IMHO is definitely less off putting between the two, but as I said I love both of them. Sometimes when people say they don't like a scent, or it's really bad to them, I find that I love what they hate. Same situation with Kouros. One of my faves, but it's a love or hate scent for sure. If you can find any samples of Musc, check it out. If you like NRFH, I am sure you would like the Musc too. They are really nothing alike IMHO. Two completely different scents. I get a lot of comps from wearing both of them

Awesome

Dior homme intense is next on the list,but im looking into NRME soon after

DHI is my FAVE scent of all time. It has been reformulated, and some can not tell the difference between the reformulations, and I own a bottle of the reform as well as 2 bottles of the Vintage, and there is a huge difference between the two. I do enjoy the reformulated, for what it is, but the vintage is where it is at with this one. If you are not a huge lover of sweet or powdery frags, you might like the reform slightly better as there is a pear note to it, and it gives this an entirely different dry down compared to the cocoa and vanilla smell from the vintage. It does have a lipstick smell to it as everyone says it does, but that does not stop me from wearing it. This is the most unique smell to me. Another total love or hate scent. I can never get enough of this one.

The two times I tried t prior to my buying it all smelled the same in my case.

i wouldnt pay the extra cash for the vintage DHI. but i love the iris note in DH

thanks for the advice man

You're welcome. Sounds like you have a great collection of things

im under 10 bottles but thanks mate

any one else have an opinion on m topic?

What site did you use?

checkcosmetic.com

never had the impression that this site wasnt legit

Seen this posting doing a search for the different boxes of GPI . One has the silver trim and the other is all black and says PLAY on the front. I actually ordered 2 bottles total from Fragrancenet and the first just smelled like pure alcohol and the second one had a slight hint of smell to it. I didnt even bother looking up the codes on the box. I have used checkcosmetic.com before and they can be a little screwy on some manufactures dates. A friend of mine has a bottle of Vintage Polo and it shows the date as being 2010 and the bottle is from the 90's. As for the GPI I know what your saying and yes I have ran into this myself. So I have never really smelled a bottle of GPI the way it should apparently.

man its so weird.

ive been wondering if its ulfactory fatigue has any role in this