Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default SOTD - Monday 25th Feb 2013

Morning all!

Starting this week with a sampling of Shiso by Aftelier. l have this week off as l have some leave to use up. No big plans except for more pottering, a little shopping & perhaps some pampering.

Have a great week, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD - Monday 25th Feb 2013

Good morning! Up early...hubby's alarm woke me and then I had to wait for the cat to come back in-- it's too raw to leave him out for long.

SotD is AG La Violette. (Was reaching for Rose Absolue but the other bottle called to me. )
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 25th February 2013 at 02:35 PM.

Morning All,

Chanel's Cuir de Russie (current EdT) for me today.

Have a good start to the working week, folks.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Pottering and pampering sounds positively perfect, teardrop - enjoy !

SotD is Xerjoff 1861.

Happy Birthday donna255

Gatsby by Pacoma Parfums

Worst birthday present ever - I failed on my last exam

I don't care what perfume I'm wearing now, I'm all in tears.

Bonjour Mesdames! Happy Birthday, donna!

Happy birthday, donna!
    Jicky Extrait. There are only a few fragrances apart from this I should bother at all.
    Best to all

Hello everyone!

I'm in No22 for ballet this morning, my usual duo of vintage parfum and edt. Y'all have a great day!

Ah, so you went with the "Pottering, Shopping, Pampering" package - a classic, and one of my favorites! Enjoy your homey holiday, teardrop!

Happy Birthday donna - I hope your day is extra-special and filled with fabulous fragrance!

((lucasai))
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Aw, so sorry lucasai....

Today in Reglisse Noire.

Blog Entries

Evangeline, LOL & thanks!

Many Happy Returns to donna!

(((((Lucasai))))) l am so sorry to hear that. Do you get a chance to re-sit?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Dirty English this morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Ted Lapidus Pour Lui

Hello all. Heeley Iris d'Nuit
    DONNA

I'm so sorry (((Lucasai)))

I'm in Cristalle again

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    Worst birthday present ever - I failed on my last exam

I don't care what perfume I'm wearing now, I'm all in tears.
    Oh Lucas. What unpleasant news. I am so sorry. can you do a resit? Surely? I really hope so. Let us know.

Kyoto today.

Dearest Donna, enjoy every moment of your birthday. Treat yourself!

Basenotes Institution

Sorry to hear it lucasai. Chin up! Keep a positive outlook, thinks will be looking up.
    teardrop - oh how I wish I had a week off, I have SO MUCH to do at home and at work this week. As they say, 'One Day at a Time', eh?

Wearing, from the Mens Sample Pass packet:

Dzing! by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Oh how I enjoy this stuff. I forget how comforting that 'circus' accord is.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Happy Birthday, donna!

Teardrop, your priorities seem perfect for your time off -- enjoy! Will you do some sniffing in the midst of your pottering and shopping?

((((lucasai)))), I'm so sorry -- and echoing others who hope you can re-sit (or re-take, as we say in the States).

Another of the Ramon Monegals I'm loving: the elegant Cuirelle. I'm with those who swear they smell violets.

Modrone ~ Acqua di Selva

Good morning all. I am in Fendi Theorema from a mini a dear BNer sent me last year. Lovely stuff, this.

lucasai, I'm sorry to hear about the exam, but surely you will rebound and do well on the next one! Keep yourself positive!

Donna, enjoy your specail day! Happy Birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Oh Lucas. What unpleasant news. I am so sorry. can you do a resit? Surely? I really hope so. Let us know.
    I have one more attempt to write and pass it but the failing score counts to the overal exams score. Having this fail on my account will make it harder to get a scholarship next year.

Basenotes Plus

Perseverance is the key, Lucas. Sorry to hear about the setback, but I'm betting that you will come through with flying colours next time round

Smile Re: SOTD - Monday 25th Feb 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Donna, that's what I call a great birthday scent

SotE - Creed Bois du Portugal.

Blog Entries

Revisiting my sample of Daphne by CdG this evening.

Evening All,

Don't feel too bad, Lucas. Learn what you can from the experience and look to the future.
    Doing the Jicky jig tonight.
    Best to everyone.

Ah, it was PerfumedLady who recommended I try Cuirelle! Thanks, sweetie

Btw, PL, do you find the spicy/incense-y drydown of Cuirelle at all similar to the incense-y vanilla of Eau Duelle? Because I sure do. (Mike, too, if you have thoughts....)

I just caught up on yesterdays thread, and bummer, I missed Iris Day

ExtremeK, I see you have figured the RM suggestions out - it was not me becuase I have not sniffed Cuirelle yet, but I have a sample to try very soon, along with Eau Duelle (coincidence :0 )

queen of the universe

Actually, SOLN (Scent of last night): Before bed, I put on the Sous le Vent sent to me by a legendarily generous basenoter, and the drydown persists as I bring my forearm to my nose this afternoon. The beginning was crushed stems, a green that is a force of nature; what lingers is woods and moss. This being my first sniff, I know I am missing some details.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Hello again!

This morning's No22 apparently put me in an aldehyde-y mood, so I'm keeping those but swapping out the jasmine and incense for a bouquet of roses and violets via Revillon Detchema, vintage pdt.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    I just caught up on yesterdays thread, and bummer, I missed Iris Day

ExtremeK, I see you have figured the RM suggestions out - it was not me becuase I have not sniffed Cuirelle yet, but I have a sample to try very soon, along with Eau Duelle (coincidence :0 )
    Then, by all means, cello, please let me know if you smell a resemblance, or if I'm off in my own little olfactory world. Did you like Impossible Iris? (i.e., the not-an-iris Iris?) (Fans of Grosse Pointe Blank may get the reference.)

extremeK, I did sample Impossible Iris, but I did not find it to my liking. There was something very sharp in the opening that ruined the whole experience for me. I will try again, but I have my Iris Poudre for a somewhat similar type of iris, and I prefer the IP.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Cuir Mauresque today. It's a day off for me and I'm spending it watching it snow again.

Jon, that is another beautiful picture you posted! It makes me wish I was looking at white sand beaches instead of white snow drifts!

Happy birthday donna!

Hugs to all (especially lucasi) ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Prada L'eau Ambree.

Got a compliment on how good I smelled, that is always nice

(((Lucas)))
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday, Donna!Have a lovely day!

Lucas, I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. Just remember the saying "Anything worth having
    never comes easy." Stick with it and you'll do fine and remember we're all behind you and we know you
    have what it takes to make it happen. Big hugs being sent your way!

Wearing Alien this afternoon.

Happy Birthday Donna!

(((lucasai)))

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Ah, it was PerfumedLady who recommended I try Cuirelle! Thanks, sweetie

Btw, PL, do you find the spicy/incense-y drydown of Cuirelle at all similar to the incense-y vanilla of Eau Duelle? Because I sure do. (Mike, too, if you have thoughts....)
    Oh, I hope you didn't fritter away too much time figuring that out! What really matters is that you've found some new loves! But I'm glad you reported back, I think we all know how nice it is to be right! I love Cuirelle, too and yes, I get your drift about Eau Duelle. In my mind, I was thinking of Bulgari Black as a bit similar in composition to Cuirelle and Black also makes me think of Eau Duelle. I'd say all are relatives. Of course, I'd just have to love the Monegal most of all, being the most expensive! But it's also the least sweet and that's the clincher for me. Huge congrats on your lovely II purchase! I'm very happy for you! From the beginning, I thought this could be an iris for those who are iris-challenged. Anyone who normally finds iris somber, moody or funereal needs to try Impossible Iris-it's none of those things! Just pure, sparkling happiness!

I'm in HdP Tubereuse 3 L'Animale for the evening. Have a great night, all!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Good afternoon, good smelling bunch. Started with 1876 and somehow am feeling very tired, almost fainted at the store although I ate before. I guess 7 days in a row of doing double shifts gets to one eventually, non? Even to energizer bunnies running on 4 to 5 hours of nightly sleep, normally. Continuing in Sinan.

Happy Birthday to donna225.

Hugs to many of you.

Blog Entries

Twolf, seven days of double shifts sounds like an absolute b***h & must surely take its toll. l do hope you get some decent rest now, it sounds like you need it!

queen of the universe

Dear Twolf, seconding teardrop here. What the ???? Wishing you pleasant rest.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Twolf, you are *somehow* feeling very tired??!! Good lord! I would have collapsed in a heap by this point. I'm amazed you're vertical

I hope you have a chance for some much-deserved rest soon.

PerfumedLady, I agree with you about Impossible Iris -- it's an iris for those of us who struggle with Iris. I'm glad you're getting the Eau Duelle vibe, too. I was beginning to think I was crazy.

Cello, yes, now that you remind me, I remember Iris Poudre being one of your favorites. I also really like that one, except my BF has claimed it, and he's a little funny about our sharing fragrances.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 26th February 2013 at 02:10 AM.