Code of Conduct

Default Got scammed on Aventus...Sent Fresco (Not by anyone here) - Need advice

Hi all,

I recently got scammed on Aventus on Fragrantica. I was so hyped up on the Z01 batch that, since there wasn't anything on that batch on here, or on eBay (at the time) that I did a google search for recent postings of anything with that batch number, and came to a page on Fragrantica. Unfortunately, I pulled the idiot move of the century by not realizing that they were a new member without feedback, and selected "gift" on PayPal (found out a little bit afterwards). Long story short, I received about 30 ml of Fresco (which I hate, and is vastly overrated), by Ilum Dean - The difference is pretty unmistakable. The shoddy longevity, and the pre-dominant "bubble-gum" note in the drydown (which takes about a few minutes, really) is the easiest give away that it is Fresco.

Since I pulled the idiot move, I'm wondering what you guys would suggest to tell my Credit Card company, since I can't do anything via PayPal because of the "gift" payment type.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Default Re: Got scammed on Aventus...Sent Fresco (Not by anyone here) - Need advice

what's the fragrantica member's name? maybe notify the mods there too?
    Splits!

Roja Amber Aoud & Tom Ford Tobacco Oud --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...d-Fleur-splits

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Got scammed on Aventus...Sent Fresco (Not by anyone here) - Need advice

It was only a matter of time before this started happening w/ Fresco. I'm sure E-Bay is rampant with this switcheroo right now. Buyer Beware!!!

Yeah, I saw this coming soon!. Contact your Credit Card Company and explain the situation. Maybe they can do something.

This will be difficult to prove to your CC company IMO. Count your loses and move on.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Be careful. Only do transactions with reputable sellers.
    Never pay as GIFT with an unknown seller.
    It might be real also because you possibly might have olfactory fatigue where your nose will not be able to sense it after 30 minutes but others will notice it around you. So try asking others if they can smell it on you.
    I actually get the same top notes from Fresco and Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    This will be difficult to prove to your CC company IMO. Count your loses and move on.
    Yep, I'm afraid I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Hi all,

I recently got scammed on Aventus on Fragrantica. I was so hyped up on the Z01 batch that, since there wasn't anything on that batch on here, or on eBay (at the time) that I did a google search for recent postings of anything with that batch number, and came to a page on Fragrantica. Unfortunately, I pulled the idiot move of the century by not realizing that they were a new member without feedback, and selected "gift" on PayPal (found out a little bit afterwards). Long story short, I received about 30 ml of Fresco (which I hate, and is vastly overrated), by Ilum Dean - The difference is pretty unmistakable. The shoddy longevity, and the pre-dominant "bubble-gum" note in the drydown (which takes about a few minutes, really) is the easiest give away that it is Fresco.

Since I pulled the idiot move, I'm wondering what you guys would suggest to tell my Credit Card company, since I can't do anything via PayPal because of the "gift" payment type.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
    I don't believe a word of what he said. Look at his profile and read some of his recent posts. Complete made up BS.
    Last edited by silentrich; 25th February 2013 at 07:46 PM.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

I would recommend calling paypal and telling them what happened. They can be really helpful. I had a complex problem (not with fragrance), and paypal sorted it out quickly and effectively. Can't hurt to try! Good luck

File a chargeback under your credit card for a fraudulent transaction immediately. Do not rely on Paypal for protection especially for a gift transaction. I wouldn't count on the seller to make it right either if you are 100% certain its Fresco. Out of curiosity what did the seller say when you informed him of the situation?

Agree.

Just tell your CC company that you were lied to and sent the wrong fragrance on purpose. They may call you and all you have to do is tell them the exact story you told us. i was sold a fake bottle at a perfume shop and i just explained exactly why it was fake and I got all my money back.
    Its seems weird to explain the difference between a fake and real bottle to some guy who works at a bank but as long as you dont make a habit of it the they should have no reason to doubt you.
    I would try to contact the scammer first and see what he says.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I don't believe a word of what he said. Look at his profile and read some of his recent posts. Complete made up BS.
    Well, I did just that. Looked at his profile, recent posts, and even his wardrobe.
    And I don't have the faintest idea why you've made the allegation that you have.
    Maybe you can enlighten us with some specifics ??
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

You know what's pretty funny, is that I still might be able to get some money back by selling actual Fresco decants on Ebay, since people are so curious about it.

Someone is selling 4 ML decants for 5 dollars shipped - I could potentially get almost half of my money if I just sell them all.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    Well, I did just that. Looked at his profile, recent posts, and even his wardrobe.
    And I don't have the faintest idea why you've made the allegation that you have.
    Maybe you can enlighten us with some specifics ??
    What's unbelievable is that how you could go so much out or your way to buy something you really weren't that thrilled with in the first place Z01 batch (he stated this in another thread). Why rip someone off for 30 mL. 48 feedback on BN and he buys from a person with 0 feedback and then does himself another disfavor by paying as a gift. Finally, he bashes Fresco and gives his little mini review and seems more angry about it than the supposed seller that ripped him off. Doesn't really add up.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

Aventus is a terrible fragrance.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Sounds like life will be hard for the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    That's because it has little bits of Satan in each bottle. Makes people do craaaaaazzzzyyyyy things.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

^ a useless terrible comment that added nothing to this post...

Noted.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

If I were that stupid I wouldn't tell people about what I'd done afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    What's unbelievable is that how you could go so much out or your way to buy something you really weren't that thrilled with in the first place Z01 batch (he stated this in another thread). Why rip someone off for 30 mL. 48 feedback on BN and he buys from a person with 0 feedback and then does himself another disfavor by paying as a gift. Finally, he bashes Fresco and gives his little mini review and seems more angry about it than the supposed seller that ripped him off. Doesn't really add up.
    So do you just like making stuff up for fun? I never said I didn't like the Z01 batch - I LOVE it, and think it's one of the best batches that were made. Yes, I did say that Fresco sucks in another thread...That's because: It SUCKS, and I'm giving my honest assessment.

You're right that I pulled a dumb move by going through with the purchase like I did. I already admitted that. You are honestly no better than a worthless troll. Go contribute your nothings to another thread.

CologneFan85

At first I thought It was like Aventus. But now its became cheap and horrid imo. I threw the stuff away.

You should report it to the mods both here and on Fragrantica and must name names. This will protect others and may bring to light other activities and victims. It's been done before and those members have been banned and paid back. Someone may come out and give you helpful info regarding the guy.

So do you just like making stuff up for fun? I never said I didn't like the Z01 batch - I LOVE it, and think it's one of the best batches that were made. Yes, I did say that Fresco sucks in another thread...That's because: It SUCKS, and I'm giving my honest assessment.

You're right that I pulled a dumb move by going through with the purchase like I did. I already admitted that. You are honestly no better than a worthless troll. Go contribute your nothings to another thread.
    I'm sure you'll get your money back by selling those decants of Fresco on Ebay. Great idea! Hope it all works out for you buddy, because you need all the help you can get.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    You should report it to the mods both here and on Fragrantica and must name names. This will protect others and may bring to light other activities and victims. It's been done before and those members have been banned and paid back. Someone may come out and give you helpful info regarding the guy.
    What if it's Aventus? How do we really know?
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

You are honestly no better than a worthless troll.
    I would watch your keyboard. Stuigi gives people infractions for such harsh, negative name calling.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Even when clearly goaded by someone else stepping in?

What if it's Aventus? How do we really know?
    Oh yeah. My sentiments exactly. I'm one of the crowd that think they're quite similar... at least, I should say, the Fresco bottle I received seems similar enough to both decant and split bottles I have of Aventus. And with all the batch variation talk... good luck to the OP nailin' down his case. Might fly just fine with a bank or credit card rep, but we here are aware of the fog surrounding the whole thing. Color me a skeptic. I guess its a good thing I'm not the one you've got to convince.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    Oh yeah. My sentiments exactly. I'm one of the crowd that think they're quite similar... at least, I should say, the Fresco bottle I received seems similar enough to both decant and split bottles I have of Aventus. And with all the batch variation talk...
    I find them quite different. Yes, there's a similarity in the sense that they're both fresh scents with a strong emphasis on a pineapple/apple fruity accord married to smoke, though Aventus is more complex than that, but it seems to me like the only people who can't smell the difference are the ones who want Fresco to smell like Aventus because the hype matters more than the actual smell. To some people, I guess the hype is really important.

I've never detected bubblegum in Aventus. That's an instant sign, among others, that it's Fresco.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    It was only a matter of time before this started happening w/ Fresco. I'm sure E-Bay is rampant with this switcheroo right now. Buyer Beware!!!
    actually this is quite a valid point, damn

CologneFan85

Fresco smells like a lemon cough drop, dipped in a ash try.

Every time there's a thread with Fresco in the title you know you are in for some entertainment.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    It seems to me like the only people who can't smell the difference are the ones who want Fresco to smell like Aventus because the hype matters more than the actual smell. To some people, I guess the hype is really important.

I've never detected bubblegum in Aventus. That's an instant sign, among others, that it's Fresco.
    I couldn't care about the hype, as I would not buy either. I do indeed think they smell quite similar, though yes I can tell the difference (but get no bubblegum at all) and I prefer the Fresco of the two. Still, while I may personally prefer the Fresco I do feel bad if folks are indeed doing a switch-a-roo and not providing what someone bought.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    I would watch your keyboard. Stuigi gives people infractions for such harsh, negative name calling.
    Do not insult the great Stuigi like that.

Moreover, I don't see what the big deal is. Fresco is practically the same as Aventus.

Ilum Dean > Creed

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    Do not insult the great Stuigi like that.

Moreover, I don't see what the big deal is. Fresco is practically the same as Aventus.

Ilum Dean > Creed
    When did you decide to become a troll noirdrakkar?

update?

Deleted by me
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

LOL Sooo random, lol I wouldn't saw it's terrible, but it's "not good".

Basenotes Plus

My advice is to not get Fresco next time (unless you want it).