Code of Conduct

Default The reformulated Shalimar of 2011... did they reformulate the edp in 2013 ?

Today in Bahrain airport i noticed that the color of the 90 ml edp was ligth yello and no more dark orange and it smelled like it
    looked like... diluted adn extreemly polished to the point of bordem.

what happend ?

Default Re: The reformulated Shalimar of 2011... did they reformulate the edp in 2013 ?

More than likely.

Banned

Default Re: The reformulated Shalimar of 2011... did they reformulate the edp in 2013 ?

omg!!! its true!

they did reformulate!! but you know how?? to go more into the direction of the one everyone loved....those various eau de shalimars versions...., it smells like lemony vanilla pie now, not that hey note, also they removed that sharp bergamot top....its more lemony now .....the colour of the juice remained the same

and this version is so much more feminine!! so guys if you loved that hey like masculine bitter bity bergamot top you will have to search for it damn i sold my at half price lol

still its much flater then the old shalimar, no of that dirty cloud, Mo you may be right that its very modern taste! but still the previous version was choking me!

forgot to say....the new bottle is gorgeous!! and spray is one of the finest!! they really refined everything about it
    Last edited by iivanita; 15th March 2013 at 02:04 PM.

treeman5823

No idea. Just bought a bottle online, and an edp tester at NM smelled great.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, don't judge Shalimar's quality on its color: it is dyed.

Banned

Yes they did reformulate, i had 2011 version, and was wearing new version of Shalimar today, and must say i like it sooooo much more, its more feminine like 50%, it also is not so linear....2011 version was linearhaylike all the way, this new version goes from beautiful lemony vanilla pie, to something like dry little bit hey notes, to absolutely wonderful iris dry down....its so beautiful iris note....i like it much better, so that i want to own it, on the other hand 2011 version was trying to replicate exactly old Shalimar but it got just sharper then Shalimar is, this new version is totaly sublime!! Gorgeous, for that iris note

For once the change is nice

treeman5823

My new bottle smells wonderful. Don't let reformulation scares veil quality.