Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Dior Homme Sport

I bought a bottle a month or two ago at 'Perfume Collection', a local store in the mall in my area. I was just at Sephora earlier today and noticed the DHS in their was more aquatic, citrus, lemon notes. The one I have smells more like citrus and possibly cinnamon and a little bit darker. Could the bottle I bought at the small local shop an old version? I know they did a reformulation at one time but not sure why they smell a bit different. People that have the old version and the new formulated version please chime in? In the back of my head I keep thinking it could be a fake so would like to know what you guys think!

Default Re: Dior Homme Sport

Yes, they reformed it in 2012, so there's still a lot of the original formula bottles around. The original has a red line going around the box & the new one has a silver line. In the newer one, they supposedly played down the citrus & ginger & added in the iris to make it more compatible with the rest of the line. Opinions seem pretty split on which version people prefer from the reviews & threads I've seen so far.

Basenotes Member

okay so the older version doesn't have as much citrus? It looks like I may have the old version, as I could see it sitting in the small perfume store in the mall for some time. I just hope its not a fake!!!

I haven't smelt the old one but the new formulation, for me, is 90% ginger with a hint of Dior homme in the background.

Nice if you like ginger. While pleasant, was a bit too one dimensional for my preference.

The 2008 version has much more ginger while the 2012 version has an iris note which adds a little depth, but the 2008 is a little brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    The 2008 version has much more ginger while the 2012 version has an iris note which adds a little depth, but the 2008 is a little brighter.
    Exactly, I feel the lemon in the 2012 version is a little toned down as well. The iris is a very nice touch and feels more elegant so to say, its not overbearing or anything.
    I still prefer the 2008 version because it's just so bright and laid-back , the new one is more sophisticated and smoother. I just recently received a 3.4 oz bottle of the 2008 version and have yet to wear it since I'm waiting for spring to arrive. I recently went to the local Sephora and they have run out of the old reformulation bottles and now only carry the 2012 version bottles, so if you love the 2008 version a lot more then get it while you can since stock will dry out fast.
    Few years time this will be a sought after fragrance, kinda like the whole debate with finding the pre-formulation of DHI. Love both though versions of DHS though.

Both are ok IMO.

Post some pics for further verification
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Not sure which version I have or care very much. I just know that I love what I have.

They are both excellent.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i smelled it recently. might have been the reformulation.

but smells like a more refined version of live jazz by ysl

I like the new Dior Homme 2012 better than the older version (I own the 2012 version and owned the older version). The new one has more depth to me and the iris is a nice touch. I find I have to go easy on the trigger finger with this one as it projects pretty loudly on my skin.

I'm wearing a sample of this today. I'm assuming, from Sephora that this is 2012. I loves the initial citrus. I love the creamy mid to drydown. Then I got the citrus and cream drydown that was pretty fresh. No iris that I can find. Not only that but this is basically gone, 2 1/2 hours later now. Mostly skin scent I'm getting whiffs of. I see people are getting big longevity. I get none.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Blog Entries

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Purchased a bottle of the old 2008 version from a local perfume shop. Box and bottle looks legit compared to my DHI. Initial spray smells great but after a few hours seems as if scent is completely gone. Hoping I didn't buy a fake. Only difference in bottles is the DHS does not have the "CD" engraved in the top of the atomizer. Can someone let me know all bottles have that engraving on the top of the atomizer.