Code of Conduct

Default Which perfume genre after a good shave?

I noticed I like wearing sharp leather perfumes after a good shave.
    I'll reach for Bandit, Je Suisse un Homme ,Cuir Mauresque and Knize Ten after a good shave.

Nothing like brutal leather to round out a good shave.

I mostly use a Muhle r41 ,Simpsons Chubby 3 in Manchurian and I Coloniali shaving soap (if classical-shaving connoisseurs are wondering).

What genre do you find yourself gravitating towards?
    Last edited by hedonist222; 26th February 2013 at 04:48 AM.

for swap/sale:

Default Re: Which perfume genre after a good shave?

I always crave Chanel's Platinum Egoiste after a good shave!!
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Rive Gauche. Perfect Barbershop scent.

Save for the odd Sunday I shave every day, so to limit myself in such a way would be crazy.

My choices are always Rive Gauche, Italian Cypress or Prada Infusion. Used to wear Prada Amber a lot, but it got sour with me.

Truthfully whatever is within the grasp of my hand coming out of the shower on any given day.

I see you like the elegant macho experience - shaving with a real razor, then a butch leather.

Since I shave once a week usually (my beard doesn't grow much), and this at the gym after a steamroom, I don't give much thinking to what I wear after. I'm wondering, though, how the other, curiously butch leather Jolie madame would work in the circumstance. But I'm not going to suggest Complex, especially given the usual spraying preferences of Gulf Arabs.

cacio

timdoeswell, I gather that most pre-work shaves are mediocre to good.

I mean really good shaves where you have the liberty to taut your skin, do an E to W and then W to E across the grain shaves and so on.

for swap/sale:

I havent shaved with a razor in almost 7-10 years(i lost track of exactly how long its been)! I do however keep my beard very neat and tidy. I always reach for my Clubman Concentrate and after shave by Pinaud when I have a good trim after a nice hot shower. IMO it is the epitome of a classic barbershop fragrance since that is what I was always dusted with as a kid after a hair cut. I still use it after getting a hair cut too. I have been considering lopping it all off and giving myself a luxury shave lately though.
    Last edited by FullCollapse; 26th February 2013 at 03:40 AM.

Try Aramis by Aramis.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

I mean really good shaves where you have the liberty to taut your skin, do an E to W and then W to E across the grain shaves and so on.
    You gather incorrectly, I'm afraid. I've been wetshaving for a while, and in addition each morning I have all the time in the world to choose my shaving gear and enjoy a great shave at my own pace.

Shaving every morning allows me to do a WTG pass then an ATG pass, and maintain terrific results.
    It doesn't take that long since I'm familiar with my razors and creams/soaps, and there's only one day's worth of stubble to take off.

I tend to reach for Rive Gauche after a shave.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I see you like the elegant macho experience - shaving with a real razor, then a butch leather.

Since I shave once a week usually (my beard doesn't grow much), and this at the gym after a steamroom, I don't give much thinking to what I wear after. I'm wondering, though, how the other, curiously butch leather Jolie madame would work in the circumstance. But I'm not going to suggest Complex, especially given the usual spraying preferences of Gulf Arabs.

cacio
    Maybe because the temperatures are cold (cool for you) over here, so the combination of cold wind slapping against the face & leather make for a pleasant experience. Maybe in the warm summer sun I'd prefer citruses (citrii?) and pine.

I do not like Complex. I respect it as a creation, as I do with Secretion Magnifique, but I think it passed perfume territory and shot into abstract art to enjoy from time to time via a paper platter.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Save for the odd Sunday I shave every day, so to limit myself in such a way would be crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    You gather incorrectly, I'm afraid. I've been wetshaving for a while, and in addition each morning I have all the time in the world to choose my shaving gear and enjoy a great shave at my own pace.

Shaving every morning allows me to do a WTG pass then an ATG pass, and maintain terrific results.
    It doesn't take that long since I'm familiar with my razors and creams/soaps, and there's only one day's worth of stubble to take off.
    You've attained the skill to achieve a good shave in a short amount of time. Good for you!
    At my level, I need a solid 35 mins to arrive at a good shave. The 35 minutes include putting away supplies after the shave. Thing is I am not keen on waking up at 5:40am for this and therefore choose to shave at night.
    Last edited by hedonist222; 26th February 2013 at 07:36 AM.

for swap/sale:

Almost any scents, but with a clear preference for leather scents in my case too (I mean, it is difficult to beat the leathery indulgence of e.g. Knize Ten applied shortly after shaving), as well as, obviously, barbershop-style scents (Rive Gauche being the other clear favorite).

Yet while these two categories with two quite illustrative examples are some of my favorite choices,
    I still wear anything else I feel like.

I do 3 passes every morning in 15 minutes flat whilst listening to the news, followed by any fragrance I fancy. That said, my favourite barbershop scents at present are Penhaligon's Racquets Formula and Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood.

My ideal shave is with Merkur Futur or 34c, Polsilver blade, Vie-Long beehive extra-dense silvertip (25mm/48mm), Proraso pre-shave, SMN or DR Harris Lavender soap and 444 gel combined with SMN Melograno aftershave.

If I wear an EdT, I gravitate towards the lighter spectrum, classic eau de colognes work nicely to sustain the refreshened feel.

Racquets Formula
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Usually something i consider very clean- Creed MI, Prada Infusion, Rive Gauche, Kouros...
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

rive gauche +1

heres a divine combo

Czeck & Speake lavender soap

D.R. Harris Windsor aftershave

Poivre Samarcande or Opus 1870

the epitome of masculinity

for swap/sale: