Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default SOTD - Tuesday 26th Feb 2013

Morning all!

Wearing Ghost on this cold, grey day.

Have a good one, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Default Re: SOTD - Tuesday 26th Feb 2013

Good morning, Thierry Mugler Mirroir des Secrets.

HAGD all!

Ramon Monegal Ambra di Luna for me today. I'm trying to cheer up but I'm just not there yet. I'm having one more subject credit this week and then I'll have to focus on preparing for that exam re-take.
    And of course I need to be prepared for classess I have at the moment.

Basenotes Plus

Stick with it, Lucas - we've every confidence in your abilities.

Creed Himalaya today.

Thanks Jon

Jean Couturier Coriandre. Slept 9 hours straight, feel a lot better.

Yesterday's gripe: tried to find some jarred vegetables at the store, something like bruschetta or caponata or ajvar (eggplant, peppers, garlic or artichokes and olives in one jar with olive oil): none! Better off getting them all cooked from scratch at home (vs paying shipping prices to get them delivered).

Have a nice day.

Bonjour!

Afternoon All,

Ambre Précieux
    for a rather dreary day. Hope the weather's better wherever you are.

Best to everyone.

queen of the universe

Facing an ornery bunch of 10th graders this morning. This calls for Miss Balmain!

Hang in there, lucasai!
    Last edited by jujy54; 26th February 2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: The famous BN double post!
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Yesterday's gripe: tried to find some jarred vegetables at the store, something like bruschetta or caponata or ajvar (eggplant, peppers, garlic or artichokes and olives in one jar with olive oil): none! Better off getting them all cooked from scratch at home (vs paying shipping prices to get them delivered).

Have a nice day.
    Do you have any warehouse clubs in your area, Twolf-- like Sam's Club, BJ's, Costco etc? You might find it there; our BJ's Club has lots of that sort of thing.

Today I'm wearing JM White Lilac & Rhubarb.

UPS will be delivering our replacement snowblower tire today. (I ruined one by pushing the snowblower while the tire was off the rim after the monster storm, but I absolutely had to do it-- it was waaaay too much snow to remove by hand.)

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Hope the weather's better wherever you are.
    Hmpf! Says it all, I guess...

Jicky Extrait.

Have a good day!

Smile Re: SOTD - Tuesday 26th Feb 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Coty Wild Spice

Good morning all. Just the mango body lotion for now, when it fades I have the Tilda Swinton Like This sample here, that will do nicely. Not a good combination though so waiting.

The whole of west central florida is under tornado watch..weather is gusty and weird looking, the water is rough. Very beautiful from out the windows at work though, the waves and clouds moving around.

Charriol Royal Leather by Charriol

Hello everyone!

I'm in Priscilla Presley's romantic Roses and More this morning ...I'll be playing piano for the tiny dancers in a while, and they usually approve of my roses.

I'm so glad you got some rest, ((Wolfie)) - I'm exhausted just thinking about how much you do. Please take care of yourself ...and put your feet up once in a while, k?
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post

I had to quote you just to repeat that gorgeous roses photo! It gives me a pang-- I want June to come faster so I can smell my David Austin roses again.

^Oh gosh 30 Roses, me too ...and how! It's not so cold here anymore, but I'm ready for some real heat now, or at least some real warmth ...blooming roses would be nice, too.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Twolf, l'm glad you got some rest, too.

Lucas, please don't be too hard on yourself, & do give yourself a break from studying when you can.

My bf's cooking us dinner this evening, so l'm going to make us a nice apple crumble with cream for dessert. And l've got a bottle of merlot ready to go. Just because we can! SOTE will be his favourite, Allure.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    ...I'll be playing piano for the tiny dancers in a while...
    Made me think of Elton John: 'Hold me closer Tony Danza tiny dancer...'

Lol! "Tony Danza" ...funneh!

Crikey, almost scared to say but we have the most beautiful sunshine today, from first thing this morning. Beautiful spring like sunshine. The air is cool and fresh and ones spirits are lifted just by being out in it.

Lumiere Noir for me.

Teardrop, I hope that you are enjoying your time off!

Lucas, you sound better today. You will get there.

I'm dissapointed that I couldn't join in the Impossible Iris/Cuirelle chats of the last few days but I enjoyed reading them all the same. I have them both and I really enjoy them. Talking about Impossible Iris, some folk seem to find a sharp, even sour note, the raspberry I would think, which others percieve as pleasantly bright, as I do. For me it is a beautiful Iris with a breeze of cedar, a little vetiver maybe, and that incredible, impossible Frambois. The whole, well, shines.

Have a lovely day all.

Tony Danza, lol! Oh, I just love our silly Dr. G!

Have finally found a Lutens that works for me (besides jujy's yummy Sarrasins) and it goes by the name of Tubereuse Criminelle. Not such a scary tubey after all! Not sure if I need more than a sample but I will be finishing and enjoying the bit I have.

Yes, Foustie, I was missing your Monegal expertise! Have been doing my best to spread the love! I want to see huge success for this house!
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 26th February 2013 at 03:52 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Sampling L'Antichambre ~ Le Tabac. Apple scented pipe tobacco.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

DK Fuel for Men today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

Hello, everyone! Back home from a wonderful visit with my daughter in Los Angeles. We went to a wine tasting at a winery off the Pacific Coast Highway, saw Vermeer's Woman in Blue Reading a Letter at the Getty Center, ate delicious Mexican food at El Cholo (in a booth bearing Jack Nicholson's name, no less) and fabulous Mediterranean food at Cleo's on Hollywood and Vine. I met a dear friend for lunch at the Farmer's Market and we went to the Scent Bar, where I fell for and bought What We Do in Paris is Secret. I also went to Nordstrom's in the South Coast Plaza where I bought Diptyque Eau Duelle, my SOTD. It's wonderful - a floral vanilla made airy and dry with spices and incense.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good morning, all. I am encased in the soft, yet beautiful Chanel 1932 today. I guess I am joining the can't wait for spring crowd, and fortunately, our weather is taking a turn for the better/best. Next week the highs are in the mid 60s all week - and this one is going to try to take it off of work to enjoy it/do house chores/play tennis/work in yard/drink wine/play in perfume. Sounds like a great staycation to me

Good afternoon.

SotD is Etro Gomma.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

(((Lucasai))) Being a student is a most challenging phase, but we know you'll make it.

Mitsouko today. Wish I could dial up the peach. Speaking of peaches ... looking forward to a new By Kilian aimed for April release:
    White peach, carrot, iris, blackcurrant buds, rose, tonka bean and (probably a walloping dose of sweet) vanilla.
    Flower of Immortality is supposed to celebrate peach blossom, but I hope there's an obvious fruit presence.

Tdem, sounds like you had a nice time in LA.

Another rainy, gloomy day here. I'm doing laundry and contempating running some quick errands before I have to get ready for tutoring. They should be quick, but sitting in traffic takes a lot of time. I'm not wearing perfume yet. Not in the mood. Can you imagine!!?? Yesterday I wore Pure White Linen Pink Coral.

Hello everyone!

First, congrats to ExtremeK on her Impossible Iris. It really is a beaut!

Lucas - I am with you: suffering at the mercy of professors whose sole goal in life is to torture us, students. I know your retake will be good and you will pass, I just know it!

Teardrop - Is it Ghost by Tanya Sarne you are wearing? One in the tall, skinny, frosted glass bottle? I used to have it and still have Deep Night from the same house.

PerfumedLady - You cracked me up with the "tubey" this morning. Sounds like such an endearing term reserved for friends and family only .

I am enjoying galbanum/iris/rose combo that is AG Heure Exquise this morning.

Basenotes Plus

Iris Poudre because I can't wait for Spring to arrive either.

Those roses are so beautiful, makes me pine for my backyard in NJ. I just can't grow the same roses here, in fact, I rarely see anything but the landscape variety.

I'll add my photos of my beloved flowers. Margaret Merril.jpgHoney Bouquet.jpgP6020317.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Iris Poudre because I can't wait for Spring to arrive either.

Those roses are so beautiful, makes me pine for my backyard in NJ. I just can't grow the same roses here, in fact, I rarely see anything but the landscape variety.

I'll add my photos of my beloved flowers. Margaret Merril.jpgHoney Bouquet.jpgP6020317.jpg

Adrienne Vittadini today.

Hello all. Ombre Rose L'Original
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Welcome back, Terry

SotE - Penhaligon's Racquets Formula.

I'm under the weather today (typing this at the doctor's office, in fact). Likely no scent for me until my sinuses clear and my sniffer is functional again. Blah.

Hugs to all that need them.

Hey y'all -

I'm still in roses for the afternoon, but they're rather more dramatic now, as is the representative celeb, Rossy de Palma by Etat Libre d'Orange.

Sorry to hear you're ailing again, ExtremeK - feel better soon!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

((ExtremeK)) Hope you recover fast!

RHM-- What is different about your climate or soil, that you can't grow the same sort of roses as you did in NJ?

It's a miserable day here too-- a good day to stay inside and bead. I'm making a necklace for my mother's friend.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    I'm under the weather today (typing this at the doctor's office, in fact). Likely no scent for me until my sinuses clear and my sniffer is functional again. Blah.

30R., there is Sam's club (2 hours away, and we go to that city three times a year, to shop at TJMaxx, Big Lots and Michael's among other things) and no Costco or BJs. Remember I told you all: it is a retail desert here in the middle of cornsticks. I also thought one has to have a special admission pass to shop at Sam's (to pay $30 a year for three times shopping?, or is it more now?). I will keep looking though, thanks.

I am also in spring mood with Ineke Briar Rose from the Garden of a Botanist.

I'm in Roxana of Illuminated Perfume's Chaparral today.

Basenotes Plus

Feel better, Extreme K!

Wearing Chopard Casmir this afternoon.

Basenotes Plus

30 Roses, the growing zones are actually the same. I find that very odd, since we have a significant number of well over 90 degree days here....even over 100 degrees. Nor does it get as cold here in MO, as it does in NJ. The other difference is the soil, we have lots & lots of limestone here. I think I could do raised beds here but I worry about the heat (and humidity).

It took me years to get my rose beds "just right". I may experiment with one or two plants & see how it goes.

I need to relax tonight, lots of Winter guard drama with my daughter. Just breathe......

L'Eau de Jatamansi from a very generous basenoter a few years ago. Notes: Jatamansi (spikenard), grapefruit, cardamom, clary sage, rose, ylang-ylang, Indian papyrus, incense, guaiacum (champaca wood oil).

Hi, ladies and gents It's been a while and it's fun to see that I recognize most the names on here, still Sotd is Tabac Blond extrait. ♥

Twolf, I just want you to know that I think of you often and with great fondness; every time I look at my tobacco flower and then some. I've thought many times about sending you a card but then I get all shy, then I don't even know if I've got your current address... Perhaps I can remedy that.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Hermes Bon Ami (vintage) tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    Hi, ladies and gents It's been a while and it's fun to see that I recognize most the names on here, still Sotd is Tabac Blond extrait. ♥

Twolf, I just want you to know that I think of you often and with great fondness; every time I look at my tobacco flower and then some. I've thought many times about sending you a card but then I get all shy, then I don't even know if I've got your current address... Perhaps I can remedy that.

How wonderful it is to see you here again, L

Blog Entries

Welcome back Sunnyfunny, it's good to see you here!

ExtremeK, l hope you feel better soon!

Whitefluffy, yes it is that Ghost l was wearing; l find it amazingly good for such a cheapie.

Foustie, thanks, yes l am enjoying my "staycation" & feeling very relaxed.