Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Egoiste Concentree

It's been a while since I posted. I've been on a 6 month "Egoiste Concentree" research project. Just kidding, well, sort of. Any way, I have come to the conclusion that Egoiste Concentree is the finest men's fragrance ever made for winter. It's rich and dense with tangerine, rosewood, sandlewood and spices. Absolutely scrumptious as Le Grand Duc would say... It has become my favorite juice of all time.

Here is a wonderful review of Modern Egoiste, Egoiste Vintage and Egoiste Concentree by Le Grand Duc...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMDhS...XRnPsE_pe7iXXA
    Last edited by neal; 26th February 2013 at 09:00 PM.

Default Re: Chanel Egoiste Concentree

Enjoy!

As if I didn't have an almighty hankering for this already!

I think "Bejahu's" review sums it up nicely for me ...

A masterpiece. The quintessential male fragrance. Strong, confident, masculine, and powerful. The difference between the EDT and this is like the difference between drinking a complex lager beer (the EDT) and a rich, thick, chewy porter or stout. Egoiste Concentree is rich and dense and oily and... strong. It is a burly beast when you first spray it. The tangerine is sharp and strong: boozy, almost. After five minutes or so the fragrance settles down and the deep, wonderful brazilian rosewood takes over. The damask rose is prevalent throughout. It is a not a "pretty" or "delicate" rose: it is a very dirty one that has an almost chewy and jammy texture. The rose is very masculine and it works excellently with the tangerine and woody rosewood. Also, there is a subtle animalic presence lurking underneath. This stuff is bold, and powerful and unequivocally the diametric opposite of the lightweight, playful aquatic concoctions that have flooded the market recently.

The sillage and longevity are incredible; legendary, perhaps. It is rich and dense and needs to be sprayed with restraint. You WILL be noticed. And you WILL get a headache if you over spray it. If applied with discretion, however, the juice is heavenly. I'll go out on a limb as say that Egoiste Cologne Concentree is THE best winter masculine fragrance ever created. I cannot fathom ever wearing this in the summer. It is just too massive and dense.

If you like the EDT, I you will love this. I strongly recommend it. In fact, I cannot recommend it strongly enough. There is a reason why it is so highly sought after. When you wear Egoiste Cologne Concentree you project confidence, power, and gravitas. Absolutely marvelous. If you can find it, buy it immediately, because it will probably not be on the shelf the next day if you walk away.

I really want to try this !!!
    I had a bad experience with a mini I had of the vintage edt.....it just got stronger and stronger as the hours went by and almost knocked me out !
    But I often find that the concentree versions are smoother, richer and less abraissive than the edt's.
    Tuscany Forte is a good example.
    I hope I will stumble across the Egoiste Concentree one day.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

I would love to get my nose on this as well. I have vintage Egoiste and a sample of the current formulation.
    Anyone want to sell me a 5 ml decant?

Glad I own it. Wonderful scent.

Mmmmmm. . . another reason to go on living as a fragrance collector. . . love having something so fine to look forward to. . .

Quote Originally Posted by SirNosebleed View Post
    I would love to get my nose on this as well. I have vintage Egoiste and a sample of the current formulation.
    Anyone want to sell me a 5 ml decant?
    theperfumedcourt has it. Unfortunely, for a steep price.

An amazing juice indeed. Enjoy it.

Someone recently gave me a mini of this. I had the original Égoïste when it first came out. Wish I had them to compare.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Ok! OK! I am digging it out of storage already! ...sheesh..
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

The crown jewel in my collection!

Egoiste Concentree along with Patou PH are 2 for which I search the net everyday.
    I tried asking the FBI to put this on their most wanted list, but they refused saying they wanted a full picture...

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Egoiste Concentree along with Patou PH are 2 for which I search the net everyday.
    I tried asking the FBI to put this on their most wanted list, but they refused saying they wanted a full picture...
    Seal Team 6 would struggle to find this one....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Hello,

I recently acquired another bottle of the Cologne Concentree and I noticed something interesting: there appears to be a difference in scent between bottles of ECC based on the markings on the bottle. I have vintage bottles where the concentration is printed above the 'CHANEL' and all of these smell of rosewood, vanilla, sandalwood, and rose. My new bottle is also vintage (same deep, darker color) the only difference is that the concentration is listed below the 'CHANEL'. This version is clearly vintage egoiste concentree but it seems that the rosiness/fruitiness takes center stage over the sandalwood. To me, its not as gentle or creamy as the other version.

I thought there might be something wrong with my last bottle until a buddy sent me a small decant of his ECC (from a bottle with the concentration listed below the CHANEL) and it smelled exactly the same as my recent bottle.

What do you all think? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

This is one of the best fragrances ever. I just bought an unused 100ml bottle a few days ago and couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    This is one of the best fragrances ever. I just bought an unused 100ml bottle a few days ago and couldn't be happier.
    Excellent taste, my friend.

Used to own this eons ago...definetly a special cologne. Miss it Badly.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Basenotes Plus

It's a classic and one of my all time favorite fragrances ever. I'm glad I found a 100ml BNIB bottle last year as well. Took me over 6 months of searching and crazy bidding on eBay, but I ultimately got it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    Congrats! Enjoy it to the last drop my friend....
    My most favorite scents that I can't be without:
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Fahrenheit