Code of Conduct

Default Websites that ship Fragrances to Canada without the risk of paying duties/customs taxes?

As the Title says.

What are the best websites that ship Fragrances to Canada without the risk of paying duties/customs taxes?

Why So Serious?

Default Re: Websites that ship Fragrances to Canada without the risk of paying duties/customs taxes?

So far i've ordered from the following without any problems:

fragrancex
    fragrancenet
    perfumeemporium (a little sketchy now, took very long to deliver at one point)
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Default Re: Websites that ship Fragrances to Canada without the risk of paying duties/customs taxes?

Thanks Hacker. Good list. I still have yet to try perfumeemporium but had success with the other 2.

Here is another:
    Strawberrynet

Regular perfumes:
    1 - Fragrancenet - best prices and no duty; u do pay for the shipping...
    2 - Strawberrynet (coming in 2nd as fragrancenet beats them on price & if u get charged duty, they will refund the amt, but u have to claim it online, so a little hassle, but very gd csr's to deal with)

Niche Perfumes:
    3 - Frederic Malle - ordered 4 * 100ml's last time and they came in with free shipping, extra samples than they normally send (I cajoled the French SA telling I am going to learn French) and no duties when i recvd the package...Was very gd customer serv as well...This worked for me, dosen't mean it'll work for all...

Last but not the least - as this is tied as # 1 for me for this list - ThePerfumeshoppe.com - get in touch with Naz at the VCR shop, then order whatever u need thru their website, which is US based, so u save on taxes - downside - u pay for the shipping, but again, no duty here and dealing with Naz is an experience in itself...Very nice person and highly knowledgeable on frags...Has a grt collection of some very gd niche houses, not sure if they carry the regular line of perfumes as i never ordered those from her...Only downside - unlike the first 2 on this list, here u pay the full amount - no discounts, but her prices are many times better than what u find in other frag stores in Toronto GTA, so I always go here, if i don't find the frag i was looking for on the first 2 from this list. As I have gone to her for many niche perfume purchases and being a regular, I ask her for samples and she has provided it every time w/o issue, sometimes the whole line from a particular house...

Perfumeemporium didn't work out for me the one time I ordered, so i stay away...Haven't tried fragrancex or 1001fragrances so far as I normally find what I need from the first 2 on this list or for niche i go to Theperfumeshoppe or to Minnewyork (u do get charged duty when u order from here, but I order them as i get some hard to find frags from here - grt customer serv as well - they are changing their shipping method right now, so the next shipment i receive if its w/o duty, then this will bcome my "goto" frag store)

Use ebates.com / ebates.ca for the 1st 2 from this list, u get anywhere from 3.5-12% cash back on top of the discounted prices.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post

Last but not the least - as this is tied as # 1 for me for this list - ThePerfumeshoppe.com - get in touch with Naz at the VCR shop, then order whatever u need thru their website, which is US based, so u save on taxes - downside - u pay for the shipping, but again, no duty here and dealing with Naz is an experience in itself...
    I buy from The Perfume Shoppe and it's free shipping world-wide.

Basenotes Member

I just received my order from Beauty Encounter and did not have to pay any custom taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner3029 View Post
    I just received my order from Beauty Encounter and did not have to pay any custom taxes.
    if you can please let us know which shipping carrier they used and how much was the order and what was declared on the customs form ?

thanks

Basenotes Member

They used USPS. The order total came out to be ~$105 but they valued it at $100 on the form. I can't find the package right now, it might have been thrown out, so I can't comment on what else was declared, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner3029 View Post
    They used USPS. The order total came out to be ~$105 but they valued it at $100 on the form. I can't find the package right now, it might have been thrown out, so I can't comment on what else was declared, sorry.
    USPS ? that's weird, they specifically say they will only use UPS for any orders to Canada that contain perfume, they even mention it on their website: "Orders shipped to Canada will arrive by UPS if it contains perfumery products or alcohol-related items."

USPS is good because it gets delivered by Canada post and sometimes even packages valued at 100$ escape the customs agents. Not with UPS though!

Thank you for this thread. All great info.
    I use cloth diapers. I deserve something that smells amazing.