Code of Conduct

Default Creed Bath Products Reviewed

Hello all. I recently got some Neiman Marcus gift cards and so I decided to use them on Creed bath products to test them out. It's hard to find some good reviews of these especially since they are so expensive so I've decided to put down my experience with them.

I got Aventus deodorant, Aventus bath gel, and Green Irish Tweed aftershave.

Aventus Bath Gel

This has a really classy bottle and it looks really nice sitting in the shower for sure. Very manly looking. The smell upon opening it is great - it smells exactly like Aventus. Really nice. The lather is very poor and once you use it in the shower I don't really smell it. The scent seems very light after it is used. I don't smell it at all once dry really. The minimal lather just doesn't do it for me. If I used this every day it would be gone in a month MAX. It's way too expensive to use all the time (of course). I wouldn't buy this again. Just not any real benefits to it.

Aventus Deodorant.

Again, nice classy packaging. It seems you need to combine this with a drop or two of water to get it to "activate" so that you can actually apply it to your skin. Otherwise it feels like you are just rubbing plastic on yourself. This also has a solid Aventus scent when you smell it. It is very nice. Once you put it on I would say it is fairly strong. I could definitely smell it. It seemed identical to the juice although the projection was definitely less, although the deodorant did smell about as strong as you would expect if you applied the juice under your arms (lol).

The one thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem to keep "deodorizing" for a full 24 hours. It seemed more like 18 or so which is most cases is more than enough but still. If I took a shower in the morning, applied it, and then didn't take a shower until midday the next day I think you could tell. It seems perfect for a night out or similar. It also seems weak to really deodorizing for any strenuous activity. Don't expect this to work through a workout or outdoor activity I would say.

It does seem to leave that quality thin layer of scent to your entire chest area. Should be fantastic if your lady likes Aventus.

Green Irish Tweed Aftershave

This smells just like the top notes of GIT when you open the tube, which for me I don't really enjoy. However, put this stuff on and in 5 minutes you have that amazing GIT drydown smell and this stuff becomes incredible. The scent is fantastic and seems to last for hours. It's really enjoyable. Personally I can't handle large amounts of juice sprayed on me, it's just too much. This seems to be just perfect. The aftershave qualities are top notch. It really soothes. I'm very pleased with this. It makes me want the Aventus version pretty bad.

Hope you all enjoy and hope it helps anyone looking to buy these expensive things!

Default Re: Creed Bath Products Reviewed

Thanks for this. Been really interested in trying these.

Thanks for the info!

Great reviews. Thank you!

I own Original Santal deodorant, and have pretty much the same things to say about it. Nice fragrance, a nice way to apply it, but doesn't really work as a heavy duty deodorant. OK for office wear, not so hot for any kind of physical activity.

I had the GIT shave soap and it was terrible. Smelled good but was extremely drying and irritating. $85.... I sent it back.

Although I personally don't use fragrance house bath products I'm always interested to hear what other people think about them.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i hear good things about fragrance soaps by the creed house, but personally, i prefer to use scentless soap and spray on whichever fragrance i choose. and its more economical that way too.

Thank you for the reviews. So tempted to get the Aventus aftershave now.

That GIT aftershave sounds like a nice item to have... a nice treat to shaving (which I hate).
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    That GIT aftershave sounds like a nice item to have... a nice treat to shaving (which I hate).
    It's really nice. It seems like it will last a long time. You only need a little and I shave every other day. If you get bad irritation with shaving try a pre shave oil, they work extremely well. Shave Secret brand is fantastic and makes shaving enjoyable again.

Nice reviews, although I never plan on buying any of those unless it comes free with a purchase.

I don't get bad irritation, I'm just Italian and I feel like I'm trimming wooden post off my face.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Nice reviews. I have been curious about the Aventus deodorant myself for a while. Just haven't pulled the trigger on that yet - seems a little steep for deodorant, but I have been really wondering how good it would be.