Code of Conduct

Default Tom Fords Amber Absolute where to buy?

Im trying to get a full bottle or at least a 1/2 of Tom Fords AA. Most stores sold their last stock and the few people who are willing to sell or charging more than I care to pay.

Does anyone know a source, well let me rephrase that. A secure safe source To buy at a reasonable price?

Default Re: Tom Fords Amber Absolute where to buy?

Since it was discontinued only place where you can find it is ebay, but prices are insane...

This
    Quote Originally Posted by lounger View Post
    Since it was discontinued only place where you can find it is ebay, but prices are insane...

Is $350 to high for 50 ml?

Check with itaos here on basenotes. He is an honest guy and I was able to pick up 60ml from him. Great looking atomizer and scent is perfect.

Have u sample it? Don't blind buy it

Is this really discontinued? It's still on Mr. Ford's website and has been for quite some time:

http://www.tomford.com/#/en/beauty/p...yAll=undefined

I mean I know none of the online stores have it...might try calling in and see if you can get them to locate a bottle for you.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I mean I know none of the online stores have it...might try calling in and see if you can get them to locate a bottle for you.
    Yes. Sometimes they can find a straggler.

$350 is WAY too much to pay for 50ml!

Sak's Fifth Avenue still has stock of the 50ml Amber Absolute -- no 250ml's left unfortunately.
    You can order through their website online chat, or you can call them -- you will have to use the online chat functionality to place the order, as the item will say it's out of stock if you search for it and try to check out just using the website.

Neiman's is out of stock and discontinued, same with Nordstrom.

Both Neiman's and Nordstrom said the fragrance is in fact discontinued because the ingredients were too expensive and difficult to procure, whatever that means for a company that has almost 8 billion USD in revenue

I guess Mr. Ford's PR team just doesn't update their website very often.

Also, as stated before -- do NOT blind buy this fragrance.
    When I first tried it I absolutely hated it.
    To say that it's an acquired taste is being generous
    Last edited by surge; 24th March 2013 at 11:48 PM.

I'm sorry but this has been discontinued, and to obtain you must stumble upon kind hearted sellers, cause prices for this are quite high (even by normal private blend standards)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgewater View Post
    Is $350 to high for 50 ml?
    Yes, that's too high for any fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    $350 is WAY too much to pay for 50ml!

Sak's Fifth Avenue still has stock of the 50ml Amber Absolute -- no 250ml's left unfortunately.
    You can order through their website online chat, or you can call them -- you will have to use the online chat functionality to place the order, as the item will say it's out of stock if you search for it and try to check out just using the website.

Neiman's is out of stock and discontinued, same with Nordstrom.

Both Neiman's and Nordstrom said the fragrance is in fact discontinued because the ingredients were too expensive and difficult to procure, whatever that means for a company that has almost 8 billion USD in revenue

I guess Mr. Ford's PR team just doesn't update their website very often.

Also, as stated before -- do NOT blind buy this fragrance.
    When I first tried it I absolutely hated it.
    To say that it's an acquired taste is being generous
    re: the cost too much to produce story. I heard the same thing from the fragrance manager at the Neimans I shop at, who explained a bit further was that her theory was that it was too much to produce at the price they sell the PB's at, so instead of making that one more expensive than the rest, they just axed it. Unfortunately, they axed it in favor of the garbage Jardin Noir line, of which only Cafe Rose is decent, the other three are trash. TF has made some unfortunate and poor discontinuation choices over the past couple of years, and the newly introduced fragrances have been very, very underwhelming.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    re: the cost too much to produce story. I heard the same thing from the fragrance manager at the Neimans I shop at, who explained a bit further was that her theory was that it was too much to produce at the price they sell the PB's at, so instead of making that one more expensive than the rest, they just axed it. Unfortunately, they axed it in favor of the garbage Jardin Noir line, of which only Cafe Rose is decent, the other three are trash. TF has made some unfortunate and poor discontinuation choices over the past couple of years, and the newly introduced fragrances have been very, very underwhelming.
    Yeah, I didn't like the Jardin Noir line either. Of the four fragrances in the line, I've tried two: Lys Fume and Cafe Rose. LF was okay, but way too feminine and floral for me.

Cafe Rose was the most disappointing in that it was pretty much a weaker replica of Kilian's Rose Oud. Oh, and also, I didn't get any coffee from it either. Not sure where the "Cafe" was in Cafe Rose.

I kinda liked Jonquille de Nuit.
    Now on topic: in Madrid it still can be found, but there's now way I'm going to pay retail for that when I can have a similar thing in Serge Noire for much less money.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Sak's came thru! Got an extra 50ml bottle delivered today...Should I sell it for 350 on ebay like some other guy is? Haha no. Great scent for today -- snowing out, snowflakes are the size of golf balls.