Code of Conduct

Default have you ever received a funny comment on a frag?

This happened a couple of times to me within the past couple of months, all of these comments came from my boss.

I was wearing Spicebomb, she came into my office and said it smelled like cinnamon in here.

I was wearing MJ Bang, and she said it smelled like pepper.

Today I am wearing Rive Gauche, she said it smelled like licorice. I mentioned that my cologne had black licorice sen in it, but she said it smelled like Red Vines. I just thought that was funny and figured I'd see if anyone else had gotten funny or strange comments.

Default Re: have you ever received a funny comment on a frag?

Never received a comment to that effect.

When I was sampling MKK, my wife came up to me and said "What's that? You smell like camels balls! "

Funnily enough I was just smelling a powdery floral, I must be anosmic to the musk in MKK!
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Never received one of those.

My brother, on New Haarlem: "smells like waffles!"

Tbh I can't blame him, for the first few hours

My friend was convinced I had been smoking a pipe, but really I was just wearing Tobacco Vanille. He couldn't believe that what he was smelling was actually a perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_Trick View Post
    When I was sampling MKK, my wife came up to me and said "What's that? You smell like camels balls! "
    You should have replied "You say that like it's a bad thing!"
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

The camel balls comment had me rolling. I am not sure if I would wear that one again after that!

Lol never received any weird comments.

One of my clients (a child) one time said that I smelled like oranges, I was wearing TdH.

Just shows how the heavy musks can be picked up differently by different people! Although she did say she liked it in a 'sleeping in a Mongolian yurt on a fur pelt' kind of way. So it got a tentative thumbs up in the end.
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Yatagan: "Something smells like dirty celery."

Salvador Dali PH: "I think there's some wiring burning in one of the machines."
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Moschino Forever: 'something smells like a wet dog"

Spicebomb: "you smell like Christmas cake"

Once when I was wearing Kouros I had this exchange:

Ex-girlfriend: "What smells like rectum?"
    Me: "Rectum? It damn near killed him!"

Ba-dum...tshh

But seriously, folks.....
    WANTED (full or partial bottles)
    Divine eau Divine (refillable)

treeman5823

Yes. That Knize 10 smells like a typical grandmother. Ha. Ha ha. Ha.

Was wearing Burberry London at work and a coworker asked if I was attacked by a christmas tree. I apparently over sprayed too much.

Chevignon Brand for Men: "You smell like fresh out of the salty see, with a hint of sea breeze"
    Avon Black Suede Touch: "You smell like very expensive and very fresh bar soap"
    Halston Z14: "Your fragrance reminds me of vacationing in Greece"

rive gauche - smells like potpourri

aventus - smells like roasted marshmellows (i smell this a little bit too)

I think I posted this before but I was wearing Z-14, and the young receptionist said to me "what the heck?! You smell like a sweet tree or something" but she really likes my GIT.

My dad said I smelled like a girl. SOT(that)D D&G The One. Never wore it since and gave it away. Sucks cuz I love the scent but happy because longevity/projection sucks.

CologneFan85

One Million : "Damn you stink!"
    Bond No 9 Coney Island: "Have you been drinking margaritas?" " OH MUH GAWD, I WANT SOME TOO!" drunk girls in a Hollywood bar lol

Salvador Dali PH: "I think there's some wiring burning in one of the machines."[/QUOTE]

lol

- - - Updated - - -

unfortunatly most of the comments i get on fragrances are negative or are neutral..like "are you wearing cologne?" or "what smells" or "who are you trying to impress, your not on a date"
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    You should have replied "You say that like it's a bad thing!"
    Heck, you should try Montale's juice...I love it but it all smells like camel's balls!!!
    The first compliment/remark when I first got into niche was from a mental health client I knew from work...I had on Green Irish Tweed, and she said..."OH...what is that you are wearing- AXE?" (Axe being a very cheap drugstore body spray $2/can)

DK Fuel: smells like money, drugs, whisky, tobacco and guns.

Three sprays of YSL M7 and I went immediately into the car, together with some friends.
    One of them, opening the car window: "You smell like a prostitute!"

Blog Entries

A 13 year old boy told me that my cologne smells "expensive", when in fact it was just a $25 Guess Marciano for Men. On a separate occasion, a girl in the same age range mentioned to her friends that it "smells like waffles" when I walked past by them.

trying ysl l'homme today, 2 sprays on the chest. came back home after work and while cuddling with my gf in the sofa, she suddenly starts sniffing my chest and tell me "you're not cheating on me are you? you smell like a woman."

so i pass her the perfume. told her she can have it. im not going to wear that woman scent again.

While wearing Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud, I've received two strange comments. Someone said it smelled like one of those cheap scent cards you put on your car rearview mirror. And someone else said it smelled like shit, like literally...

I love it though...

As a teenager I wore 'Aqua di Gio' aftershave. My dad told me I smelt like "burning grass"....

What's burning in here?! (Gucci pour Homme I)

Cheap airline tissue (Eau de Gentiane Blanche)

What's burning in here?!? (Encre Noire)

A wee bit poopy (Al Oudh, person later went on to adore MfK's Absolue pour le Soir)

Not a funny comment per se, but here's a funny situation that happened to me a couple of years ago. It needs to be said that I live in a place where people don't usually comment on a person's fragrance, regardless of what they think of it.

15 minutes after spraying A* Men, I meet two male friends at a bar.

Friend #1 (with a disgusted look on his face): WTF is that cologne you're wearing?
    Friend #2: Oh yeah, it smells terrible. Is it even designer? (Like that's a sign of quality :P)

Fast forward two hours or so... I'm in the back seat of a car with an attractive 20 year old woman, and both of us are slightly drunk at this point. She unbuttons my shirt slightly and buries her nose into my chest, constantly telling me how yummy I smell.

I think I'll go with the female opinion.
    Last edited by ashr; 8th March 2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Accidental double post.

Aventus: "you tryin' to wear that as a scent or are you workin' on marinatin' somethin' ?"

"You smell like a celery!"-PdN New York. That left me a tad confused.

"You smell like an old whore!"-MR of course. The comeback "Really, I've never gotten that close.

BTW, to a previous comment. How do they what do camel balls smell like. Chicken, perhaps?
    Re: Avatar-So are they whats known as subwoofers?

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Spicebomb: "You smell like a delicious cinnamon roll."
    Aventus: "Did someone have to go to the bathroom?"

Story time! So, a group of friends and I are meeting up to watch the Hobbit at its midnight premiere at an Imax theater. My group of friends is a little...different...so they had all their kids dressed up as characters and some of the adults were too. I, of course, had a glorious beard and shaggy mane of hair going on because I play a character actor for our local Renaissance fair, but didn't want to dress up.

Well, one thing led to another and I was running late after getting home from work that night, so I quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a flannel shirt. The cologne of choice wasn't well thought out either and I sprayed what a couple shots of Slumberhouse Norne on myself. By the time I got to the movie theater it was raining and my girlfriend had forgotten to put an umbrella in our car so of course she borrows my jacket to shield herself while I soak to the bone. We finally make it inside and join our group and the literally first comment out of my best friend's wife and others was, "You look and smell like a lumberjack.". Being a smart ass, I replied with something like, "Well, someone needs to cut down the disgusting Elves forests.". Of course not realizing that there were three little girls all dressed up as elves who in turn start crying because of my mean comment. Parents are laughing, children are crying, my girlfriend gives me the Look of Shame, it was a good night.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

Ahahaha very funny indeed ^^^
    Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Giorgio for Men: "You smell like someone seen on People of Walmart."

Straight to Heaven: "Are you wearing Angel for Men?"

Terre d'Hermes: "You smell like an Aqua Velva man." (Funny thing is, this was my most-complimented fragrance prior to Straight to Heaven.)
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RunSun View Post
    Story time! So, a group of friends and I are meeting up to watch the Hobbit at its midnight premiere at an Imax theater. My group of friends is a little...different...so they had all their kids dressed up as characters and some of the adults were too. I, of course, had a glorious beard and shaggy mane of hair going on because I play a character actor for our local Renaissance fair, but didn't want to dress up.

Well, one thing led to another and I was running late after getting home from work that night, so I quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a flannel shirt. The cologne of choice wasn't well thought out either and I sprayed what a couple shots of Slumberhouse Norne on myself. By the time I got to the movie theater it was raining and my girlfriend had forgotten to put an umbrella in our car so of course she borrows my jacket to shield herself while I soak to the bone. We finally make it inside and join our group and the literally first comment out of my best friend's wife and others was, "You look and smell like a lumberjack.". Being a smart ass, I replied with something like, "Well, someone needs to cut down the disgusting Elves forests.". Of course not realizing that there were three little girls all dressed up as elves who in turn start crying because of my mean comment. Parents are laughing, children are crying, my girlfriend gives me the Look of Shame, it was a good night.
    Hahaha this one made me burst into laughter!!

My colleagues from work notice my scents

Amouage Dia extrait: someone is using some cream
    shalimar initial: who is using some powder
    shalimar vintage edc: jeeezus whats this? you smell like a grandpa ( family member)
    Samsara: who is wearing a perfume, it smells nice, congrats:-) noone replied so i think it was me, cause i put like 6 sprays of it that day haha