Code of Conduct

Default What do you get from a Creed Aventus-dry down??? Not sure what I should smell..

Top notes: Finest blackcurrant, Italian bergamot, French apples and a burst of royal pineapple.
    Middle notes: Exquisite roses with a complement of dry birch, Moroccan jasmine plus a hint of patchouli.
    Base notes: Musk with a touch of oak moss for depth, then ambergris and a dab of vanilla.

Been testing a well balanced 2012 batch from a decant these past couple days..

and as far as the drydown 6+ hrs in, I'm not sure what it is that i'm smelling..

still a bit of fruityness.. and farther down the road whiffs of vanilla. Also, what does ambergris smell likem exactly?

Default Re: What do you get from a Creed Aventus-dry down??? Not sure what I should smell..

A smokey vanilla with a hint of light pineapple in my bottle.

Default Re: What do you get from a Creed Aventus-dry down??? Not sure what I should smell..

A smokey vanilla with a hint of light pineapple in my bottle.

For me it's all about the patchouli - and I get a lot of it in the dry down.
    I also get the oakmoss and the smoky vanilla mentioned above. Vanilla gives it the sweetness (which is probably what draws compliments).

A pleasant feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    A pleasant feeling.
    This.....

Basenotes Member Carvalho Diablo's Avatar
    Pompadour Cosmetique Company, Baker Street

A slither of blackcurrant does it for me. Wonderful.
    ***My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world : those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.***

Basenotes Plus

I get an uncontrollable rash.

Nah, a dying campfire with grilled (?) pineapple.

I get frustrated because I applied the scent only an hour ago.

You should be smelling heaven. Any attempt to put that into words is blasphemy.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    You should be smelling heaven. Any attempt to put that into words is blasphemy.
    "Heaven" is a word. BLASPHEMER!

To me the base seems to be musk with a touch of oakmoss + the Creed millesime base (ambroxan). With a little of the smoke and pineapple from the earlier stages hanging around.

Honestly, not much. It sort of feels like the same scent throughout its life, with not much dynamic interplay between the notes. Now call me a snob, but you gotta admit, Creeds are pretty linear. Sure, you can say that some moments are more pineapple, and some more smoke, but it's pretty stagnant throughout.

In this order:

Patchouli, Oakmoss, Birch, Musk, Ambergris (Ambroxan, Cetalox, Cedramber) The Pineapple/Apple Aromachemicals pop in every now and then depending on your body heat, and finally a hint of Vanilla. Blissful.